U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times

Advertisements

I think the sentiment will grow even higher once all of America is informed. This shows those who are informed favor enforcing the law.

Quote:
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer last week signed a new law into effect that authorizes local police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 60% of voters nationwide favor such a law, while 31% are opposed.
Seventy-seven percent (77%) of Republicans support the law along with 62% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Democratic voters are evenly divided on the measure.
At the same time, however, 58% of all voters are at least somewhat concerned that “efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants will also end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens.” That figure includes 29% who are Very Concerned about possible civil rights violations.
As people understand and see this will not violate Americans civil rights, all will calm in my opinion with the exception of pro-illegal alien advocates which still boggles me.

Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Just for perspective, 60% or 600 of 1000 people are in favor of this.

Here is the problem with many Rasmussen polls, their "Sample Size" is too low to make their assertions.

Quote:
This nationwide telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports, April 22-23, 2010. T

Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM

It only works if in favor of pro-illegal aliens? This is a respected source by many.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Just for perspective, 60% or 600 of 1000 people are in favor of this.

Here is the problem with many Rasmussen polls, their "Sample Size" is too low to make their assertions.
Also, every SINGLE Rasmussen poll has a right wing tilt to it. They even claim almost 60% of voters favor health care repeal and on every social issue, their polls tend to support and reinforce republican talking points.

Quote:
Support for a welcoming immigration policy is a bit higher among Republicans than it is among Democrats or voters not affiliated with either of the parties.
58% Favor Welcoming Immigration Policy - Rasmussen Reports™

To say that republicans are more welcoming on immigration policy than democrats is laughable at best.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I think the sentiment will grow even higher once all of America is informed. This shows those who are informed favor enforcing the law.

As people understand and see this will not violate Americans civil rights, all will calm in my opinion with the exception of pro-illegal alien advocates which still boggles me.

Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status - Rasmussen Reports™
Quote:
At the same time, however, 58% of all voters are at least somewhat concerned that “efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants will also end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens
Apparently, 58% of those polled disagree with your statement.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Apparently, 58% of those polled disagree with your statement.
58% disagree with which of my statements? That 58% suggest they are "somewhat concerned". I stand by my statement that as they learn more, they'll see that their "somewhat concern" will prove unfounded.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Also, every SINGLE Rasmussen poll has a right wing tilt to it. They even claim almost 60% of voters favor health care repeal and on every social issue, their polls tend to support and reinforce republican talking points.

58% Favor Welcoming Immigration Policy - Rasmussen Reports™

To say that republicans are more welcoming on immigration policy than democrats is laughable at best.
For the record, I'm not a Republican. I am a registered Democrat, but more importantly an American concerned for this country on all of the issues raised by illegal immigration..

Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
58% disagree with which of my statements? That 58% suggest they are "somewhat concerned". I stand by my statement that as they learn more, they'll see that their "somewhat concern" will prove unfounded.

All it takes is a few lawsuits, Sheriff Joe abusing his power, boycotts, etc...

AZ will be in the spotlight now (no longer illegals)...better not mess up or those polls will flip on their side in a millisecond.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
All it takes is a few lawsuits, Sheriff Joe abusing his power, boycotts, etc...

AZ will be in the spotlight now (no longer illegals)...better not mess up or those polls will flip on their side in a millisecond.
Yeah, they've worked so far...

Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM

12,734 posts, read 7,355,472 times
Quote:

Then 60% of the people are flat out wrong.

People keep throwing out the term "Pro-illegal alien", trying to make it a "you're either with us or against us" situation. I'd like to debunk this myth. Nobody, I say Nobody on the right or the left or the middle is pro illegal alien. Get it? Nobody. Where we differ is how to solve the illegal alien problem which we all agree exists. Discounting the far, far right who want to line them up against a brick wall and shoot them and the far far left who want to give sanctuary to everyone and anyone, the rest of the 99.99% of the American people of all races want illegal immigration to stop and stop now. Stop trying to divide us with your "pro-illegal" crap. It's just a right wing myth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or