Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post

That something about that store is Nazi-esque and somebody is pissed about it, a la this story.
Really? So when they painted swastikas on jewish stores in Germany, or in europe when there are swastikas painted on jewish tombstones, it's because the jewish store and the jew buried there were nazi esque?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Really? So when they painted swastikas on jewish stores in Germany, or in europe when there are swastikas painted on jewish tombstones, it's because the jewish store and the jew buried there were nazi esque?

Context, something clearly lost on betamanlet.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM

97 posts, read 95,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Never knew Hitler to pull a stunt like this.

He would just round 'em all up and send them off to concentrate in one of his camps.

This isn't quite as bad, ya think?

NOTHING Nazi-like, though.

That dept. is left for our CiC and doesn't apply to Illegals......only middle-class, freedom-loving, capitalist, Constitution-loving, American citizens deemed as a threat to his agenda.

Hitler would be proud of him so far.
Just not proud enough.
You clearly didn't study much on history.

When Hitler risen into power in 1933 riding off of widespread hatred and distrust of Jews, he did exactly what Arizona just did, namely force Jews and other undesirables to wear identification on them at all times. Then he created various laws further discriminating them, until finally in 1942, 9 years later, he ordered the Holocaust.

The truth is, that this has NOTHING to do with so-called "illegal immigration" which doesn't even exist, it's just a lie created by racist and xenophobes, this is about whites in Arizona discriminating against all Hispanics. Because to them, there is no such thing as "legal immigration," ALL Hispanics are here "illegally" and must be deported or otherwise disposed of, immediately.

Sorry, but you're wrong, it is extremely Nazi-like.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
The premise that lead NAFTA to being illegal immigration run amok was the fact it put Mexico's economy down the crapper (even moreso than before). If they can get a reasonable export tariff rate and get manufacturing jobs in their own nation, why would they want to stay here, especially if immigration laws (that were previously not enforced) are put into use and be around a bunch of redneck morons like in Arizona?
NAFTA is not entirely the USA's fault,like always Mexico's leaders sell out their own to make a buck and then encourage their peasants to come to the US work illegally and steal from America and send their ill gotten money back to Mexico to enrich the Mexican economy at the expense of the American economy.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:

Wow, just wow. I don't know how much more clear I can be. I don't even want to risk my legality on this site trying to elaborate my point so it can get into your head.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyconi View Post
You clearly didn't study much on history.

When Hitler risen into power in 1933 riding off of widespread hatred and distrust of Jews, he did exactly what Arizona just did, namely force Jews and other undesirables to wear identification on them at all times. Then he created various laws further discriminating them, until finally in 1942, 9 years later, he ordered the Holocaust.

The truth is, that this has NOTHING to do with so-called "illegal immigration" which doesn't even exist, it's just a lie created by racist and xenophobes, this is about whites in Arizona discriminating against all Hispanics. Because to them, there is no such thing as "legal immigration," ALL Hispanics are here "illegally" and must be deported or otherwise disposed of, immediately.

Sorry, but you're wrong, it is extremely Nazi-like.

Jews were citizens until they were stripped of citizenship. Illegals were never citizens and not breaking the law by even being here.

You should go try to be an illegal immigrant in europe, you'll get thrown in jail....

Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
NAFTA is not entirely the USA's fault,like always Mexico's leaders sell out their own to make a buck and then encourage their peasants to come to the US work illegally and steal from America and send their ill gotten money back to Mexico to enrich the Mexican economy at the expense of the American economy.
I never said it wasn't. At the same time repealing of it would no longer drain Mexico of work, ergo Mexicans wouldn't have to come here.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Even if something IS naziesque, you don't draw swastikas unless you support nazi ideals..

Like, the chummy friend of Russell Pearce who would not only proudly draw those swastikas but would wave it for you.

Quote:
Okay..
Say if you walked around, and you saw a swastika painted on the front of a store or whatever. What would you think the message of the swastika is?

I suppose if I want to protest against the KKK I start burning crosses, right?
Nazis? Stalinists? Maoist?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
So you're telling me no one that appears Hispanic will get profiled. Where they're born is a moot point. It's a blatant profiling of a people and trashing of any rights they may have. Rather than take this racist, totalitarian, racist route, repeal NAFTA.

That's exactly what Nazi's were saying about Jews having to display the Star of David.
I can tell you have a very limited knowledge of what happened during the Shoah which was the systematic extermination of 6,000,000 humans including Jews. And it is an insult to the memory of all those who suffered and died for you and anyone else on this thread to compare what happened during that time to what is going on in Arizona.

I'm telling you that EVERYONE is open to being asked for identification and you should carry your identification no matter what your background is WHILE YOU ARE IN ARIZONA.

If you don't have an ID go get one.

#1. There's absolutely nothing racist about this! What's racist about it? There's no such thing as a "race" first of all. And by American definitions Latino/Hispanic can be of any so-called "race" white or black.

#2. You must be profiling as we type because I have no preconceived notion of what an ILLEGAL looks like, because I have seen ILLEGAL French, Nigerian, Brazilian, Spanish, Mexican, and Irish since I've been in Los Angeles and I know Illegal has one thing in common. See #3.

#3. ILLEGAL means EXACTLY what it used to mean back during the Ellis Island days 'W.O.P' With-Out Papers.

When you have millions of people who DO NOT BELONG HERE what do you suggest we do? Let them continue leeching us dry? 23,000,000 people unchecked and undocumented?

Arizona has said "enough" and it's high time every state in the union follows suit.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:05 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Opponents of AZ immigration law put up swastika

And they say the Teabag people are vile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration