Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Supporting a comprehensive solution to fixing this problem doesn't mean one supports illegal immigration. That is one of the main lies being propagated by the anti-immigrant crowd out there. For them, it's either you are hardline and agree with them hundred percent on their views or be cast as supporting illegal immigration and "amnesty".
Well -- the pro-illegals side sure doesn't mean "comprehensive solution" to mean anything close to enforcing existing laws and having a fair immigration policy that doesn't allow heavy preference to just some groups. They sure don't want to change the very unfair family chain migration where having a relative here gets you in quickly but others must hope for work visas and employer sponsors.

Even though history has proven that handing people legal status as a reward for breaking the laws does not solve the problem that's exactly what the pro-illegal side is demanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
For one thing, there really is no such thing as "Latino" or "Hispanic". To lump together Cuban-Americans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexican-Americans, etc. and call them Latino and pretend they are a monolithic voting bloc is a myth. That is like lumping together all the "white" voters and calling them "European-Americans" and pretending they all think and vote alike.

I have lived in California all my life and Americans of Mexican descent have always been a part of our state. I know and work with several "Hispanics" whose families have been here longer than mine have. I speak more Spanish than they do. They have virtually nothing in common with illegal aliens from Mexico or Central America. I have discussed the illegal immigration issue with them and they are against any sort of amnesty and feel about the same as I do on this issue.

What happens is that the ethnic grievance groups and race baiting organizations need a group of "victims" to champion. This gives them money, power, and influence way beyond their real support. Our cowardly and ignorant media and politicians grovel before these groups for their support. They will continue to have this power until the people realize "the emperor has no cloths" and they are exposed for what they are.
QFT. You are a wise and perceptive one.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, until the talk of CIR is real and doesn't sound like a watered down ammesty that will continue. A tiny fine and getting someone to learn a language is hardly a "path" and is an insult to the process, legal Citizens and Americans as well.

As well as an insult to those still waiting that are properly following the legal path to come and have made application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration