Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:30 PM

157 posts, read 137,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yet the pro-amnesty people fight e-verify all the way which would stop the employers from hiring illegal aliens and fine them severely if they do.
That's probably why the pro-illegal advocates fight so hard against e-verify. Without a uniform mechanism to identify those here legally and authorized to work from those who are not, employers can always claim that they did not "knowingly" hire illegals. Illegals present the employer with authentic-looking documents and the employer has that "out."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Even if E-verify was mandetory and cut off jobs to Illegals most (in my opinion) would stay due to the amount of free services they can obtian through fraud and their children. There will still be a huge problem.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
What I cant understand is ANY time ANYONE comes out with a plan to deal with illegals in ANY WAY. Our President both past and present has something negative to say about it without offering a better solution. Why does the worker permit system used in canada for many years which works well not even considered to be used here. Answer is the government does not want a workable plan.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM

157 posts, read 137,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even if E-verify was mandetory and cut off jobs to Illegals most (in my opinion) would stay due to the amount of free services they can obtian through fraud and their children. There will still be a huge problem.
I agree with that, but mandating e verify would at least be a starting point.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
We had a huge chance in 2008/09 to address this. Social Security sent out millions of no/match notices to employers. They where basically directives to let an employer know they have an employee who's social security number and name/age etc.. don't match up. The employers where to be given a certain amount of time to clear up said discrepencies. If they couldn't they would have to fire the employee.

Almost immeadiately the most powerful business lobbying group and other illegal friendly groups filed law suites to block it's implementation. Nothing has been done since. This is the power we're dealing with, people. It's a festering out and out arrogance of the business powers in this nation. Even if this no-match where allowed to happen, probably 50% or so of them would continue on at their jobs under the table. Of course, for the employers, this doesn't work. Employers would then have no defense if caught employing a bunch of cash paid employees(let alone they are illegals). They would also be liable if any of the employees where hurt. So you see; the system we have now actually protects the employers.

It's preposterous. Americans really need to be educated about this. This story isn't so simply explained. It's not a just poor wretched souls from south of the border trying to feed their families. It's a surplus of labor from semi-developed nations coming here to get their "cheddar". In Mexico they would have to wear simple clothes and watch a non-flat screen/non HD TV, here they can get it all. It's not about food. On top of the fact they paid a coyote up to $3000 to be smuggled here. Illegal Chinese pay up to $15,000. It's a free for all, courtesy of Wall Street. It's as simple as that. Wall Street controls the money(including small business loans etc.) and the politics, so I blame them.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
uhmmm Maybe its a stupid question but here goes.
Why only go after the employers? Why not go after all the players in this game?
The employer for breaking laws.
The illegal for breaking laws.
The facilitators for helping 1 and 2 break laws.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Nothing will work, because the major profiteers of illegal immigration control this country. It’s the same reason the so-called War on Drugs has been a colossal failure. We all know we are more than capable of securing our borders. And, we also know we have the technology to enforce our laws. It’s time for We the People to join forces. Sadly, that will never happen. I hope everyone has a good life jacket, because we are now aboard a sinking ship.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
If they inforced imigration laws the entire chicken processing industry on DelMarVa would shut down. They might even have to force some people on welfare to take jobs.
Nothing wrong with anything you said

Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nothing will work, because the major profiteers of illegal immigration control this country. It’s the same reason the so-called War on Drugs has been a colossal failure. We all know we are more than capable of securing our borders. And, we also know we have the technology to enforce our laws. It’s time for We the People to join forces. Sadly, that will never happen. I hope everyone has a good life jacket, because we are now aboard a sinking ship.
Suffice to say: I hope to God that your premonition is wrong and I will leave it at that.

If the USA collapses; I hope to God that our enemies burn in hell...........

Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Tides are changing. People are more aware. All are being watched as to what they do, say. These little pockets of marchers are mere entertainment for the big guys yet America sits silent. Watching. Change? Oh yeah, it's happening now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration