U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM

4,271 posts, read 3,398,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I notice not one of you ever as anything to say about the REAL root of the the problem...employers of illegals.

That tells me that support of this bill is as much built on racism as it is concern for illegal immigration..
You sound like Joy Behar when she thought the term "Black Friday" was racist.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,031,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I think I understand it, now.

It is a moral duty to protest laws that prosecute illegal activity!

Wait?

That's not what I mean...

Uh...

I am not against law and order, uh, right?

Al Sharpton says it's a moral high ground to NOT prosecute those who violate the laws of America.

So if any illegal alien mugs Al, they should NOT be prosecuted, because LAW enforcement is immoral. Al says so.

Wait... no, that's not correct.

Let's ask this simple question:
WHO made it a crime to be in America without permission?
NOT ARIZONA.

The source of the legislation: U.S. CONGRESS.

WHO is not enforcing the laws made by the U.S. Congress?

The Federal government.

WHO is suffering from the abuse of law?
Arizonans. Tax payers. Victims.

Yet the president says enforcing the law is irresponsible.

So whose "rights" does BHO want to protect, when he calls Arizona's new law "irresponsible"?

Maybe we should start protesting BHO's lack of enthusiasm to protect the individual American's right to life, liberty and property ownership. He certainly wants to "share the wealth" (take yours, and give it to his friends). He certainly wants to reduce your free choice, by imposing restrictions, regulations, and higher taxes (those trillions in new debt have to be paid eventually). And he obviously has no respect for what you own and earn.

If San Francisco wants to boycott Arizona's attempt at securing justice for her people, perhaps we should honor that wish, by sending all the illegals from Arizona to SF. Let us see what their "responsible" reaction would be to an influx of law breakers.

Wanna bet that SF tries to use "the LAW" to stop such migration?

Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM

14,097 posts, read 13,568,133 times
Quote:
Fines?

How about this...how about making it a mandatory 10 years for ANYONE who hires an illegal?

And REALLY DO IT...Watch the illegal immigration problem go away..

Of course, it's much easier to hate brown people...isn't it?
My, such fire from someone so far away from the problem. No, I don't hate "brown people". I don't like people who come here illegal breaking our nation's laws in the process. It's too simplistic to claim "racism!" or "bigot!". How many instances in your area have your police had to deal with decapitated bodies found and those arrested are illegal aliens working in drug gangs? That's happened here where I live and I'm in Louisiana. I don't want to imagine what goes on in Arizona.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You sound like Joy Behar when she thought the term "Black Friday" was racist.
and someone on another board tried to tell me she use to be a public school teacher. Glad she's not dumbing down her students anymore.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM

240 posts, read 275,572 times
San Fransicko......Most people could care less what that lost city boycotts, I'm sure Arizonians could care less.

From my experience, the illegals I've seen employed in Texas are usually self-contractors, either performing lawn work, tile work, or carpentry.

Around the DFW area, large groups hang out in front of stores, Home Depots, etc., picking up day labor work, usually for individuals. ( I personally wouldn't hire them).

Those employed by corporations use stolen identities and SSN's. I've seen many caught this way and they were rightfully fired after being arrested and transferred to BICE custody. The employers in these cases only found out when SSA reported the numbers were not valid, and they reported the criminals to law enforcement.

It's funny, some want to blame the employer for NOT checking the illegals paperwork closely, and then complain when Arizona passes a law requiring the illegals paperwork to be checked!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 5,398,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
My, such fire from someone so far away from the problem. No, I don't hate "brown people". I don't like people who come here illegal breaking our nation's laws in the process. It's too simplistic to claim "racism!" or "bigot!". How many instances in your area have your police had to deal with decapitated bodies found and those arrested are illegal aliens working in drug gangs? That's happened here where I live and I'm in Louisiana. I don't want to imagine what goes on in Arizona.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....what about my mandatory 10 year imprisonment suggestion for employers?

If you're really concerned about illegal immigration, it's an idea you should embrace..

Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah....what about my mandatory 10 year imprisonment suggestion for employers?

If you're really concerned about illegal immigration, it's an idea you should embrace..
No, I don't agree with a 10 year prison sentence for hiring an illegal alien. That's an excessive penalty for such a minor crime. There are people who commit armed robbery that don't stay in prison that long.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM

8,640 posts, read 4,811,937 times
Quote:
This bill is going to cost Arizona financially. For instance, the NFL will never hold another SB there while it remains in place..

Can you imagine how much money Arizona will save by getting rid of the illegals and how much it will cost SF when they all go there? LOL. I love it! I have a feeling it is Arizona that is the winner in a boycott from a city like SF.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM

4,271 posts, read 3,398,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Most on this thread know this is not true. The claims of racism from the few posters have been dismissed by most on this board for exactly what they are, baseless rants.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 PM

7,404 posts, read 5,511,509 times
Quote:
Fines?

Of course, it's much easier to hate brown people...isn't it?
Seriously upton, are you really that ignorant? Do you really think that any one that is against illegal immigration, just hate brown people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration