Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,145,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Who is allowing them? the Federal Government and the State of Arizona are deporting them, whats the problem?
Come now. Lets be realistic here.
The Fed is in fact allowing them by not securing our borders. By not enforcing the laws, and by not supporting law enforcment agencies that do.
The Fed at the very least has been a silent partner in this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I find that when you reward illegal behavior that it only serves to encourage more of the same.
No its not black and white for me. What it is however is a matter of right and wrong.
This is a great nation. We need to be selective about who we grant entry.
If a persons first statement is heck with you and your laws then quite honestly they are not good enough for this country.
Not 1 illegal is worthy of the gift we offer.
I respect your stance and understand your logic although I disagree with it. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,269,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah!...what the hell, I'll give it a try but I'm getting sick and tired of arguing with a bunch of fanatical, right wing, radicals who smell blood over this issue and are foaming at the keyboard.

You first point, "You are against illegals". Well good for you, so is everybody. The hispanic American community is against illegal immigratin also. So am I. Let's all work together and get Washington to close the borders once and for all. There is nobody who is Pro-illegal immigration. This term is another right wing attempt to create enemies where none exist and inflame the people against anyone who is not for rounding up every hispanic at the point of a gun and putting them in cattle cars bound for the sonoran desert.

Your second point, "You are for legal immigration". That's nice, a baby born in America is a legal citizen. It's the law. Are you for that? I thought not.

Rioting in Arizona???? What a load of *******s. The demonstrations have all been peaceful and well organized. The only incident was when a trailer trash redneck tried to walk through the middle of the demonstrators physically pushing them away to let him pass. Inflaming the situation, just as you are trying to do now. At least the Hispanics don't bring guns to their political rallies like tea baggers do. (Oh, the jury's out on the refried beans and swastika caper as to which faction did this. Tapes are being reviewed now)

Nobody is saying the illegals should have amnesty. Amnesty is a term used by right wing foamers like you to inflame the situation and target every Hispanic as the enemy. You assume that all Hispanics are for Amnesty so they are the enemy. You will not stop until your racist agenda is fullfilled. As far as I'm concerned you and your kind are the biggest threat to a free America that exists. I, and others are getting sick of your f**king lies and distortions. As far as being able to stay in this country, how about you explaining to me how you would propose culling and forcibly removing 15 to 20 million people from the fabric of American society. I already know your answer, bubba. "Ship em all back to where they came from." And that's as far as your little mind can think. As I stated earlier, you and your ilk are the real problem as far as I'm concerned.

There are seasonal crops that need to be harvested all over the country. Legal Americans could apply for these jobs if they wanted too, but they don't. Not all illegals work in the fields. Many work in the service industry and have witholding taken out but because they are illegal they can never get a refund. Besides, 47% of Americans do not pay taxes, so whats the big deal?

The illegal immigration problem has been going on for decades in this country. It didn't start yesterday. There are common sense solutions to the immigration problem.

1. Immediately close the borders using federal troops if necessary.
2. Demand that all illegals in this country be required to register with an immigration board set up for the purpose. Anyone not registering should be immediately deported.
3. Any with an American criminal record should be deported immediately.
4. Issue temp. work permits for any illegals who are here and can show employment. They will have to have their permit renewed every year by showing continued employment other wise they will be deported.
5. Crack down on employers who hire undocumented people.
6. Overturn the "baby born here" loophole.

There are other measures that can be taken once the borders are secure but I'm not going to write the whole measure here, in this post. But realisticly, this above measures should cull 25-35% of the illegals here in the country and send them back where they came from over time. The rest should have to take a number and get in the back of the line behind legal immigrants and wait their turn. Because of the volume. many will never see their number come up.

But after all is said and done you and your kind don't want any reasonable solution to this issue. You are dying to see the black vans with swat teams raiding neighborhoods and rounding up every Hispanic in the area and throwing the ones without papers in the back of the van, never to be seen again while harrassing and humiliating the rest. I, for one do not want to see my once great nation come to this. That's why I say again, you.....and your kind are the real enemies of our country. Frankly, I'm sick of the fascist idiots who are coming out from under their rocks and trailer homes over this issue, trying to inflame the country into a full blown race war.

Soon enough, bubba, the talking will stop and you can bet your fat butt that the Hispanic community will not take this lying down or go peacefully into the night while a bunch of red neck honkies try and denigrate them to second class citizens.

BTW, I'm not Hispanic but as far as I'm concerned you and your right wing, fascist, racist, low brow a**holes can take your mean spirited agenda and shove it where the sun don't shine. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. And no.....I'm not in the least bit sorry for the rant.

Sick of it!!!!, Do you hear? Sick of it!!!!

(I guess I'll take a break from this crap. Not good for the blood pressure)
You mean like the far left libs and ethnocentrics who call us anti's, anti-immigrant, xenophobes and racists? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, don't you think? Add lies also, like we want to round up the entire Hispanic community and return them to Mexico or other countries whether they be illegal or not.

We realize that with today's misinterpretation of birthright citizenship that children born from illlegal aliens are considered citizens at birth. No one is denying that. But like you would probably like our immigration laws changed we would also like birthright citizenship laws changed. Is one ok, but not the other?

Nice little stereotyping there with your terms "redneck trailor trash and bubba". As I said, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Many if not most Hispanics want illegals to remain in this country. That means amnesty to some and legalization to others. The results will be the same so what is the difference which word is used? Tell me, if these illegals were mostly Chinese would you and those who think like you feel the same about this issue? I seriously doubt it. So as for the labeling of racist you might want to look elsewhere other than at Americans who only want our immigration laws upheld.

Solutions have already been presented in this forum to get the illegals to leave. Most of us want to see e-verify implemented across the board, denying taxpayer benefits to illegals and fixing the birghright citizenship clause. That isn't rounding up millions of people and forcibly removing them. They will leave on their own with no reason to stay here anymore.

As for crop picking we have unlimited visas already for legal foreign workers. It isn't our fault that farmers find it more profitable to hire cheap illegal workers instead. As for those other jobs that illegals do, American will do but again the cheap illegal workers win again and you are ok with illegal foreigners taking jobs that should go to Americans? Really that isn't about taxes but whether one has a right to work in this country or not and if they are stealing jobs from Americans.

I agree with your proposals of 1, 5 and 6. I disagree with the rest. Why should those who have violated our immigration be allowed to remain here when there are immigrants waiting in their homelands to do it the right way? Americans should be given those jobs even before legal immigrants are given them anyway.

We need to cut illegal immigration by more than 25-30% and these illegals need to wait in the back of the line in their own homelands, not here. I think most anti's have proposed not only common sense solutions but what is really best for this country and most don't include mass involuntary deportations as you are erroneously suggesting. We are not the enemies of this country. It is those who want to coddle illegal aliens and reward them for breaking our immigration laws.

This is not about loyal, law abiding Hispanic citizens it is about illegal aliens of any flavor and their ethnocentric aiders and abettors. There is nothing mean spirited about wanting our immigration laws enforced. All other countries do it but I don't see you ragging on them for it. Mexico comes to mind.

Too bad you couldn't present your arguments with civility rather than profanity and name calliing. Yes, we are sick of it also.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,527,985 times
Quote:
The Fed is in fact allowing them by not securing our borders. By not enforcing the laws, and by not supporting law enforcment agencies that do.
Watching, chuckling and eating popcorn...

Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,054 times
Quote:
If all the sides could work together for a solution then we could leverage the federal gov. into taking the actions to solve this problem. Amnesty is definately not the solution nor is deporting every single one by rounding up every single hispanic in the country to figure out who is here legally or not. There has to be a middle way.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,527,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You mean like the far left libs and ethnocentrics who call us anti's, anti-immigrant, xenophobes and racists? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, don't you think? Add lies also, like we want to round up the entire Hispanic community and return them to Mexico or other countries whether they be illegal or not.

We realize that with today's misinterpretation of birthright citizenship that children born from illlegal aliens are considered citizens at birth. No one is denying that. But like you would probably like our immigration laws changed we would also like birthright citizenship laws changed. Is one ok, but not the other?

Nice little stereotyping there with your terms "redneck trailor trash and bubba". As I said, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Many if not most Hispanics want illegals to remain in this country. That means amnesty to some and legalization to others. The results will be the same so what is the difference which word is used? Tell me, if these illegals were mostly Chinese would you and those who think like you feel the same about this issue? I seriously doubt it. So as for the labeling of racist you might want to look elsewhere other than at Americans who only want our immigration laws upheld.

Solutions have already been presented in this forum to get the illegals to leave. Most of us want to see e-verify implemented across the board, denying taxpayer benefits to illegals and fixing the birghright citizenship clause. That isn't rounding up millions of people and forcibly removing them. They will leave on their own with no reason to stay here anymore.

As for crop picking we have unlimited visas already for legal foreign workers. It isn't our fault that farmers find it more profitable to hire cheap illegal workers instead. As for those other jobs that illegals do, American will do but again the cheap illegal workers win again and you are ok with illegal foreigners taking jobs that should go to Americans? Really that isn't about taxes but whether one has a right to work in this country or not and if they are stealing jobs from Americans.

I agree with your proposals of 1, 5 and 6. I disagree with the rest. Why should those who have violated our immigration be allowed to remain here when there are immigrants waiting in their homelands to do it the right way? Americans should be given those jobs even before legal immigrants are given them anyway.

We need to cut illegal immigration by more than 25-30% and these illegals need to wait in the back of the line in their own homelands, not here. I think most anti's have proposed not only common sense solutions but what is really best for this country and most don't include mass involuntary deportations as you are erroneously suggesting. We are not the enemies of this country. It is those who want to coddle illegal aliens and reward them for breaking our immigration laws.

This is not about loyal, law abiding Hispanic citizens it is about illegal aliens of any flavor and their ethnocentric aiders and abettors. There is nothing mean spirited about wanting our immigration laws enforced. All other countries do it but I don't see you ragging on them for it. Mexico comes to mind.

Too bad you couldn't present your arguments with civility rather than profanity and name calliing. Yes, we are sick of it also.
Thank you, AGAIN for taking the time to address each issue. I know you speak for me and probably most. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,145,112 times
Quote:
If all the sides could work together for a solution then we could leverage the federal gov. into taking the actions to solve this problem. Amnesty is definately not the solution nor is deporting every single one by rounding up every single hispanic in the country to figure out who is here legally or not. There has to be a middle way.
No need for round ups. That is a fabrication and misinformation.
Enforce the laws. Make life to difficult and they will self deport.
The hispanic community needs to take a stand against illegals. They in the past have at the very least been silent partners in this problem.
No different than whites remaining silent when they know the rednecks who do hate crimes against minorities.
Too many Politicians fear the hispanic vote. The hispanic community needs to take an active stand against illegals it is that simple.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
We have been through this ad nauseum chicagonut. We are not required to carry around an I.D. on us right now. It's a slippery slope also, what's next? Embedding chips in our head?

I just personally don't like raids, they waste a lot of money on tanks and helicopters, the government doesn't know how to do raids right. Raids put too much emphasis on catching the peon workers and not the employers. All we see in raids are workers being carried out. There are better, less intrusive, less expensive ways of achieving the same results.
And I never said we are required to carry around I.D., did I? If a National I.D. is mandated and you don't want to carry it then that is your proagative. I personally think the postitives outweigh the negatives (if there are any). There is no need to exaggerate or jump to conclusions about arm bands or chips imbedded in our heads either.

You are entitled to your opinion about the raids also. I don't think they are a waste of money. Those raids have nabbed thousand of illegal aliens in our country. The employers have also been punished. Since e-verify hasn't been mandated across the board, our borders haven't been secured and other deterrants haven't been implemented, the raids are one of the only tools we have available to weed out crooked employers and illegal aliens at this time. These new state laws will also help achieve that goal.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Thank you, AGAIN for taking the time to address each issue. I know you speak for me and probably most. Thanks.
You're welcome. We patriots need to stick together and see that this issue is solved in a way that is fair to Americans and that the rule of law is once again established.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Tinman01, I just don't see any one in the anti-illegal immigration crowd offering any solutions to the problem other than "ship em all back where they came from." How do you realisticly expect to do that? I tried to engage in a dialogue that realisticly looked at the problems and concerns from both sides and come up with common sense solutions, yesterday. Since then I've seen post after post of falsehoods, propaganda and downright lies from the anti everything crowd doing nothing but inflame the whole situation to further their own and the right wing republican political agenda. There has to be a better way than rounding them all up and shipping them all back. But nothing less than that will satisfy your crowd. At least show some balls and admit that much.
Wrong! That isn't the solution that most of us are proposing and most of us don't spout lies either. I have seen more lies come out of the far left libs and ethnocentrics than from anyone else on this issue. Some in here who are anti-illegal immigration are not right wing Republicans either they are Democrats and middle Republicans. Keep party lines out of this as there are both Republicans and Democrats that want this mess resolved and not in a way you might like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration