U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,474 times

Advertisements

A-hem...

Quote:
But the scene these protestors are setting up is dangerous. They're painting a scene of anybody, but mostly hispanics, getting hunted down and jailed solely based on their nationality. But what they've failed to read is that the law specifically bans picking up a person just because they're of a particular race. What does this mean? Well, for the liberals who prefer to ignore the facts, this means that it doesn't matter if you're white, black, Asian or Jewish - any person, no matter the nationality, will have to provide proof of their citizenship. Is that racism?

Liberals and Their Lack of Knowledge on Arizona's Immigration Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 AM

32,936 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

Police can already do that EXCEPT to ILLEGALS. It makes me sick we have to come up with a new law for illegal foreigners just so that we can apply our own Countries laws.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Spurious propaganda is rampant. Now, Jesse “Photo Op” Jackson is comparing the new law in AZ to terrorism. Nazism, Apartheid, now Terrorism. What’s next? Genocide?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Spurious propaganda is rampant. Now, Jesse “Photo Op” Jackson is comparing the new law in AZ to terrorism. Nazism, Apartheid, now Terrorism. What’s next? Genocide?
Him and Sharpton, they wouldn't have a job if they ceased to follow around controversy plastering their faces spewing verbiage for the underdog.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,949,823 times
It's racism because it requires police to check the immigration status of anyone who they BELIEVE is illegal. With 70 percent of illegal immigrants in this country being from Mexico, it will invite the police to specifically target Hispanic-looking folks.

BP already racially-profiles at their checkpoints. This will exaggerate that practice, which needs to end.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:50 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
It's racism because it requires police to check the immigration status of anyone who they BELIEVE is illegal. With 70 percent of illegal immigrants in this country being from Mexico, it will invite the police to specifically target Hispanic-looking folks.

BP already racially-profiles at their checkpoints. This will exaggerate that practice, which needs to end.
I do not condone racial-profiling, but massive illegal immigration is what really needs to end. Every legal permanent resident is required by Federal law to carry their green card at all times. Arizona is simply complying with the laws our Federal government refuses to enforce.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post

You are wrong. This LAW allows LE to ask of ANY their status in the United States if they suspect them to be here illegally. i.e. "Can't speak English or answer simple questions like where ya from?". Terrifying!
Well, I suppose if here illegally. Thank your illegal invaders for this. America needs to secure it's nation from invaders, period. Why do you oppose this? Legally here, what's the beef? You would thnk they would say Thank You!..

Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 PM

2,116 posts, read 4,076,538 times
Quote:
You are wrong. This LAW allows LE to ask of ANY their status in the United States if they suspect them to be here illegally. i.e. "Can't speak English or answer simple questions like where ya from?". Terrifying!
:
plenty of legal residents do not speak english. Some are mexican, some are chinese, some are russian. Not speaking english does not equal illegal.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
plenty of legal residents do not speak english. Some are mexican, some are chinese, some are russian. Not speaking english does not equal illegal.
Suspicion. I guess assimilation long overdue is required with more fervor then.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,093,233 times
again... what does an illegal look like?
how do they "suspect" someone of being illegal?

please privide some signifiers, because i dont know of any visual cues that would make me suspect someone is illegal (thus requiring further investigation).

Quote:
Well, I suppose if here illegally. Thank your illegal invaders for this. America needs to secure it's nation from invaders, period. Why do you oppose this? Legally here, what's the beef? You would thnk they would say Thank You!..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or