U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:28 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,104,235 times

Advertisements

I heard a man talking about why he left his home country in the Dominican Republic, to come here, the legal way. He said that the Hatians come over the boarder into his country and they take the jobs of the Dominicans for less money. He said that that is what is making his country poor. That the Hatians are living the exact same way as they did in Haiti, but in the DR. He feels that is what the Mexicans are doing to the Americans. As far as violating rights of people being asked "are you here legally", it's no different than a cop pulling me over and asking for my DL. I wouldn't tell him, no, because that's a violation of my rights. These illegals HAVE NO RIGHTS, because they have no RIGHT to be here. As this Dominican man suggested, America should use the Mexican's own laws on illegals. If anyone came into Mexico illegally, do you know what the Mexicans do to them? We should take their way of doing things and I bet they would stop coming here. The bottom line is that the liberals look the other way at illegal immigration because they say, hey, if you vote for us, we will let you stay here, because they know that they can't win an honest election anymore, on there own merrit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
It appears Mexico is just going to have to Boycott the entire US as the States are getting ready to fire off their own laws.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
And yet these brave hispanic Leaders have yet to call for Hispanics to support our immigration laws. Hmmm Will they call for Hispanics to report people they know are here illegally? Hmmmm I wonder where their priorities are?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,937 times
Here are your rights:
1. you have the right to get the hell out of here - you are not citizens - you are owed nothing and we are sick of paying for your health care, single mother welfare and all the rest of it. I hope this law drives out half of the illegals and everyone who is undertaking criminal actions.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Why do people say Mexican-American. It`s really stupid politicaly correct crap. My sil is from Mexico and she does not refer herself as that. She refers herself to be Mexican because that is were she is from. I guess I should say I`m European-American even though I`ve never been there.Oh ya and I guess I should add on exactly were my ancesters are from, Irish- American, Scotish-American, etc,etc.
I am an unhyphenated American-----------of Hungarian, Scots-Irish and English lineage.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM

17 posts, read 8,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am an unhyphenated American-----------of Hungarian, Scots-Irish and English lineage.

It is typical of eastern europeans to not mention their heritage, like in your case, however, people of spanish ancestry tend to pride from their heritage, the AZ racial profiling law is wrong conceptually, although unenforceable, it has awaken a sleeping giant, and the hispanic community is stronger than ever before....

Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
It is typical of eastern europeans to not mention their heritage, like in your case, however, people of spanish ancestry tend to pride from their heritage, the AZ racial profiling law is wrong conceptually, although unenforceable, it has awaken a sleeping giant, and the hispanic community is stronger than ever before....
And what would that 'giant' be? Surely you are not discussing pro illegal alien Hispanics? As of late: they are hiding in craven fear since too many of them are keeping 'secrets'-----------which ICE would like to know about.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
What does one's pride in one's heritage have to do with the right of their country to enforce their immigration laws? Once again the AZ law does not include racial profiling. Repeating the same old lie that is does is getting very old in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration