U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM

2,153 posts, read 4,895,964 times

Advertisements

Whose country is this?

Quote:
What is the response of Barack Obama, who took an oath to see to it that federal laws are faithfully executed?

He is siding with the law-breakers. He is pandering to the ethnic lobbies. He is not berating a Mexican regime that aids and abets this invasion of the country of which he is commander in chief. Instead, he attacks the government of Arizona for trying to fill a gaping hole in law enforcement left by his own dereliction of duty.

He has denounced Arizona as "misguided." He has called on the Justice Department to ensure that Arizona's sheriffs and police do not violate anyone's civil rights. But he has said nothing about the rights of the people of Arizona who must deal with the costs of having hundreds of thousands of lawbreakers in their midst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM

383 posts, read 167,903 times
Who ever pays the most for it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM

438 posts, read 435,717 times
The Arizona immigration law will invariably lead to brown Hispanic AMERICANS being stopped and questioned and forced to provide proof of citizenship despite not doing anything illegal or breaking any laws.

Obama is right to criticize this afront to liberty. Arizona made a mockery of the bill of rights by passing this law.

Here is a truck driver who was forced to prove he is a citizen despite no proof existing that he is here illegaly. The only reason he was singled out is because he either is or looks like a non White Hispanic.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Arizona News

The guy even provided his commercial driver's license and social security number but that wasn't enough for the authorities. His wife had to leave work, go home and grab his birth certificate.

Both husband and wife were BORN HERE, so they are Americans.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
The Arizona immigration law will invariably lead to brown Hispanic AMERICANS being stopped and questioned and forced to provide proof of citizenship despite not doing anything illegal or breaking any laws.

Obama is right to criticize this afront to liberty. Arizona made a mockery of the bill of rights by passing this law.

Here is a truck driver who was forced to prove he is a citizen despite no proof existing that he is here illegaly. The only reason he was singled out is because he either is or looks like a non White Hispanic.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Arizona News

The guy even provided his commercial driver's license and social security number but that wasn't enough for the authorities. His wife had to leave work, go home and grab his birth certificate.

Both husband and wife were BORN HERE, so they are Americans.
This particualr case isn't about the Arizona Law, which hasn't even started yet. I dont' know the details about this, they are lacking, so I can't comment on it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 PM

438 posts, read 435,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This particualr case isn't about the Arizona Law, which hasn't even started yet. I dont' know the details about this, they are lacking, so I can't comment on it.
but the police did profile him though. What reason did they have to ask for his birth certificate? What driving infraction requires one to show a birth certificate? When and if the Arizona law passes, cases like this will become much more commonplace.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
but the police did profile him though. What reason did they have to ask for his birth certificate? What driving infraction requires one to show a birth certificate? When and if the Arizona law passes, cases like this will become much more commonplace.
I don't know. And either do you, that's my point.
Personally, I don't get the BC thing. You can be born elsewhere and still be a citizen of the US or otherwise be here legally.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know. And either do you, that's my point.
Personally, I don't get the BC thing. You can be born elsewhere and still be a citizen of the US or otherwise be here legally.
That takes us back to the question. Why was he harassed and asked to produce birth certificate, to address something that his CDL didn't?

Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,304,497 times
I guess Johnson shouldn't have fought for civil rights reform. You know, that was a state law, that had segregation as a policy.

The President is against this law, because its unconstitutional, not because he is pro illegal immigration.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,911,504 times
"Whose country is this?"

Isn't this clear enough yet? This country is the exclusive property of gun toting, bible thumping, anti-intellectual, conservative white people. It is only by their mercy that others may reside in their country.
How can anyone living in America not know this?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,189,582 times
Quote:
What is the response of Barack Obama, who took an oath to see to it that federal laws are faithfully executed?

He is siding with the law-breakers. He is pandering to the ethnic lobbies. He is not berating a Mexican regime that aids and abets this invasion of the country of which he is commander in chief.
Which of the last ten presidents has a better record, out of curiosity.

Quote:
Instead, he attacks the government of Arizona for trying to fill a gaping hole in law enforcement left by his own dereliction of duty.
The Arizona legislature has better ways to enforce laws than adopting blatantly unconstitutional legislation (unconstitutional because it annuls the "probable cause" standard, that's not even touching the quasi-racial aspects of it.)

Immigration was a major issue in 2006. Why then-president Bush and his normally pliable Republican congress did nothing about it then is something you can ask them. And, for that matter, all the presidents and congresses going back to 1986.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or