Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM

313 posts, read 344,105 times

Advertisements

Chuck D: "By the Time I Get to Arizona" -- This Discrimination Must Stop

Quote:
"In 1991 Public Enemy wrote a song criticizing Arizona officials (including John McCain and Fife Symington) for rejecting the federal holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The same politics written about in "By the Time I Get to Arizona" are alive and well in Arizona today, but this time the target is Brown people." -Chuck D
Quote:
This should include the NBA playoffs, revisiting the actions of the NFL in 1993, when they moved the Superbowl to Pasadena in protest against Arizona's refusal to recognize Dr. King. We all need to speak up in defense of our brothers and sisters being victimized in Arizona, because things are only getting worse - Chuck D
Chuck D also recorded a song for the situation. I have yet to listen to it.
Aside from the far right, teabaggers, and racists, Arizona is becoming a joke in the national spotlight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 03:55 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
You mean Chuck D wrote a song for this guy?

http://arbitraryandfanciful.files.wo...situation1.jpg

I didn't think he was any more relevant than say, Paulie Shore - but oh well....

Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You mean Chuck D wrote a song for this guy?

http://arbitraryandfanciful.files.wo...situation1.jpg

I didn't think he was any more relevant than say, Paulie Shore - but oh well....
Damn, that's pretty corny. At least I know you guys watch more than Fox!

Chuck D is a little more relevant than Paulie Shore, unless the Library of Congress has Bio-Dome selected as being culturally important along with Fear of a Black Planet.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Damn, that's pretty corny. At least I know you guys watch more than Fox!

Chuck D is a little more relevant than Paulie Shore, unless the Library of Congress has Bio-Dome selected as being culturally important along with Fear of a Black Planet.
My relevance comment was aimed at The Situation, not Chuck D.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
My relevance comment was aimed at The Situation, not Chuck D.
Oh.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:18 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Chuck D - past his prime trying to sell some downloads.

Another example of why celebs should stay out of politics. They're really disingenuous.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Chuck D - past his prime trying to sell some downloads.

Another example of why celebs should stay out of politics. They're really disingenuous.
What are you talking about?

If you know anything about Chuck D, his whole persona and music has always been political. He is the best known conscious rapper and has been consistent in speaking out for civil rights.

Selling downloads? Where is he selling the song?

Do your homework.

Since he disagrees with you, he must be disingenuous. A bit self-centered, don't you think?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Frankly: who gives a damn about some gangsta rapper? I certainly do not. As a class, they are all fools.........to be polite.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: who gives a damn about some gangsta rapper? I certainly do not. As a class, they are all fools.........to be polite.
Chuck D is not a "gangsta rapper". If you're ignorant to it, don't try to sound otherwise.

All Black men with microphones aren't "gangsta" fyi.

But then again, sweeping generalizations aren't out of character for your types.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,816 times
Chuck D...are you serious? Who cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration