U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:38 PM

16,090 posts, read 11,383,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Well I would love to know what agency gives assistance such as welfare,food stamps & health care to illegals in Phoenix.
It doesn't happen. period.

Mexican citizens also come to Phoenix and spend millions here.
If an illegal works here, they spend money here.
If they are so valuable why aren't States fighting over who gets the most? Please.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:38 PM

1,864 posts, read 993,429 times
[quote=TriMT7;13948752]I think a lot of opposition is overblown so far.

I think "reasonable suspicion" might include clues such as --- no knowledge of English, and not having an American issued identification (non citizens are already required by law to have ID at all times... just like they do in Europe and points S.O.B.) .... American citizens are supposed to have some knowledge of English before becoming citizens, or heck, a social security number!

My father is a legal immigrant. I have a Spanish/Portuguese last name. When he lets his hair grow out and stays in the sun too long, he looks like a Mexican stereotype. If he were ever travelling through Arizona, his accent and looks may cause "probable cause" if he committed a crime and the police had "lawful contact" with him. Even if he didn't have his green card on him, any policeman with half a brain could ask a series of questions, find out he's been in the country since 1970, has three American children, an American ex-wife, has a social security number and a driver's license and he could answer specific questions related to his lawful entry into the US (most who go through the arduous process do not soon forget what it takes, as opposed to the "line jumpers").
Quote:
If the police blatantly abused their powers, they would be sued in a NY minute.
I'm sure the lawsuits will be flowing

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they are so valuable why aren't States fighting over who gets the most? Please.
You are so quick to get angry about illegals and it's NOT a new problem.

Have any suggestion or solutions to the border not being protected as it should?

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM

16,090 posts, read 11,383,688 times
Quote:
You are so quick to get angry about illegals and it's NOT a new problem.

Have any suggestion or solutions to the border not being protected as it should?
If the Feds won't do it the States HAVE to. The not a new problem IS the problem.

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If the Feds won't do it the States HAVE to. The not a new problem IS the problem.
Do What?
The new law has NOTHING to do with protecting our border.

I know someone who was deported and was back in Phoenix in 9 days.
At the cost to deport we should be taking care of the borders FIRST.

Unread 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM

918 posts, read 352,016 times
Default Sindey

Do you believe in our Constitution and our rights as a sovereign republic?

Unread 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM

9,956 posts, read 7,894,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What does the Catholic Archbisop refer it's Pedophile Priests to.The Catholic Church is part of the problem,not part of the answer so it has no relevance.California has enough of a financial crisis going on with it's budgets both State and Los Angeles to worry about.I wonder why?The Catholic Church in it's Grand Hypocrisy seems to forget that it hid and aided Nazis during and after WW2 so this is total hipocrisy.California needs to do something as Illegal Aliens are burdening it's infrastructure and is costing the State Billions.
The Catholic Church should mind its own business and pay some taxes to help some American citizens once in a while instead of freeloading off of Federal, State & Local govts. Oh, wait a minute. The Church and the illegals have that in common, don't they?

Unread 04-28-2010, 11:17 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,063,051 times
Quote:
Well I would love to know what agency gives assistance such as welfare,food stamps & health care to illegals in Phoenix.
It doesn't happen. period.

Mexican citizens also come to Phoenix and spend millions here.
If an illegal works here, they spend money here.
Well Sidney, it does happen and rather than get specific here publicly, I sent you a very long detailed direct message about it.

Unread 04-28-2010, 11:35 PM

2,383 posts, read 2,859,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Here's a couple clues for you: (of course you would be like the ones in the video that can't tell the difference, the ones being mocked, you see no difference)

YouTube - Mex vs BC (Born Citizen) Pt. 2 -- "JOBS"

YouTube - Mex vs BC (Born Citizen) Pt. 5 - "CITIZENSHIP"
I disagree with you. It's a funny video but it does not distinguish between legal and illegal. It does not even distinguish an American born from a Mexican born.

Look at the first video. My father looks like the BC with the exception of accent. I know people who look like "Mex" and are citizens of this country. I also have a male cousin who would fit the "Mex" description, was born here in the US, raised in Mexico and returned as an adult.

The only thing that is very telling of both characters is social class. Other than that, they could both be citizens of the US.

Unread 04-28-2010, 11:40 PM

2,383 posts, read 2,859,046 times
I take back my last sentence, it does not show social class but rather working class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration