U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
10,725 posts, read 9,611,211 times
Reputation: 4773

Advertisements

I am really hopeful that this Law goes through and that taxpayers will see dramatic savings from not having to provide schooling, healthcare, financial assistance, social services to ppl who have no right to live in this country. They are paying the least amount of taxes, but sucking up services left and right. If Ariz' financial problems and budget deficit could be fixed, it would be a good blueprint for other states to follow and implement. Let's hope that they don't kill it like they did Prop 187.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 2,817,176 times
Reputation: 1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am really hopeful that this Law goes through and that taxpayers will see dramatic savings from not having to provide schooling, healthcare, financial assistance, social services to ppl who have no right to live in this country. They are paying the least amount of taxes, but sucking up services left and right. If Ariz' financial problems and budget deficit could be fixed, it would be a good blueprint for other states to follow and implement. Let's hope that they don't kill it like they did Prop 187.

I hope it does pass....it's only fair to those that actually went through the whole legal process already to become citizens here before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
 
16,448 posts, read 10,814,418 times
Reputation: 9208
We can hope that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 PM
 
Location: In the desert
1,933 posts, read 1,152,158 times
Reputation: 625
First of all Illegals get NO financial assistance,No health care and Yes they pay taxes and cannot get refunds like the rest of us.

Second, it will cost the state of AZ about 23thousand dollars each to detain & return the illegal home.
We currently have a deficit here to the point where the state has even sold some of its buildings and is now renting them.

I personally know of someone who is here illegally and was deported. I was shocked because he was back in Phoenix in 9 days.

Now call me crazy but, I would rather work on the border to prevent crossings in the first place and make our country safer by preventing any ole terrorist from entering and then work on the illegal problem.

We also now have Mexico itself warning its citizens they may have trouble if going to AZ.
Well they happen to come here and spend Billions annually shopping here.
Way to go AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Here
9,014 posts, read 7,189,255 times
Reputation: 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am really hopeful that this Law goes through and that taxpayers will see dramatic savings from not having to provide schooling, healthcare, financial assistance, social services to ppl who have no right to live in this country. They are paying the least amount of taxes, but sucking up services left and right. If Ariz' financial problems and budget deficit could be fixed, it would be a good blueprint for other states to follow and implement. Let's hope that they don't kill it like they did Prop 187.
We agree on pretty much nothing but I'm with you 110% on this. Rep coming your way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,241 posts, read 1,505,137 times
Reputation: 1127
That would be a BIG NO. Arizona is already getting cancellations for visits to it's state. And all the RICH Mexicans that love to shop at malls, in border states like AZ, TX...you can say good-bye to all that $$$ too. The pressure is starting and only going to get worse for AZ. Set back, watch, and learn what's happens to states that intend to harass it's citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
10,725 posts, read 9,611,211 times
Reputation: 4773
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
First of all Illegals get NO financial assistance,No health care and Yes they pay taxes and cannot get refunds like the rest of us.

Second, it will cost the state of AZ about 23thousand dollars each to detain & return the illegal home.
We currently have a deficit here to the point where the state has even sold some of its buildings and is now renting them.

I personally know of someone who is here illegally and was deported. I was shocked because he was back in Phoenix in 9 days.

Now call me crazy but, I would rather work on the border to prevent crossings in the first place and make our country safer by preventing any ole terrorist from entering and then work on the illegal problem.

We also now have Mexico itself warning its citizens they may have trouble if going to AZ.
Well they happen to come here and spend Billions annually shopping here.
Way to go AZ.
The illegals' kids are the recipients of many taxpayer benefits due to the perversion of the 14th Amendment which considers them to be natural born citizens. Children also qualify for food stamps, healthcare, etc. while the illegal parents pay little in FIT, exception for those who work bajo la mesa. Costs for detaining them? Just pass the bill on to the Feds. They'll just print some more $$ to pay for it. I did read that Mexican visitors spend some $2.3B/yr, some of which may be missed. Perhaps it'll be a wash.
As far as fleabag Mexico warning its citizens, who cares? The ultra-rich whities that control Mexico should create opportunities for the majority mestizo popul so that they don't have to flee their native land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,241 posts, read 1,505,137 times
Reputation: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am really hopeful that this Law goes through and that taxpayers will see dramatic savings from not having to provide schooling, healthcare, financial assistance, social services to ppl who have no right to live in this country. They are paying the least amount of taxes, but sucking up services left and right. If Ariz' financial problems and budget deficit could be fixed, it would be a good blueprint for other states to follow and implement. Let's hope that they don't kill it like they did Prop 187.
Fix it's budget? AZ is going to LOSE so much revenue, it's going to make their heads spin. So many companies are going to stay AWAY from Arizona. Superbowl....Don't expect one, anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
 
Location: In the desert
1,933 posts, read 1,152,158 times
Reputation: 625
I am worried that there may actually be some violance here.
I live quite close to the downtown area and things are very tense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
10,725 posts, read 9,611,211 times
Reputation: 4773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
That would be a BIG NO. Arizona is already getting cancellations for visits to it's state. And all the RICH Mexicans that love to shop at malls, in border states like AZ, TX...you can say good-bye to all that $$$ too. The pressure is starting and only going to get worse for AZ. Set back, watch, and learn what's happens to states that intend to harass it's citizens.
Man, please don't send any more of those rich farts here to San Antonio. They are VERY loud, bossy and expect all of us mexican americans to bow to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top