U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,400,636 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP, Steward's left wing shtick is getting pretty predictable and sometimes is about as funny as a turd. Steward's main following is of course immature young adults still living at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I heard that!

The most mindboggling thing is that TANCREDO HIMSELF dismissed the bill as being ridiculous. Tancredo!! The same guy who fed the anti-immigrant movement so much of their rhetoric.
Sorry, but opposition to this bill does not equate to support for illegal immigration. Apples and oranges.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I just saw an interview in Spanish of John Gordon, Mayor of Phoenix who vowed to overturn 1070 himself.
And that rat (Gordon) is backing down from a Phx city inspired boycott since the City Council will not go along with it.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,400,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And that rat (Gordon) is backing down from a Phx city inspired boycott since the City Council will not go along with it.
I believe that this amnesty democratic mayor of sanctuary Phx is seeing his political career evaporate before his very eyes.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM

4,101 posts, read 5,917,762 times
Default Jon Stewart joins collective laughter...

Quote:
So, we know Jon Stewart's stand on illegals bing in the US. But, what do we know about Jon Stewart? Is he a news caster or a comedian? Maybe a bit of both, whatever he is, he isn't much good at either. The news media and most new casters all come under one label. Some people would go so far as to call them Anti-American. What are your thoughts? Remember CNN interviewing Saddam Hussein before the US declared war on Iraq, they never gave our government any insight or helped in any way.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM

181 posts, read 274,976 times
Quote:
I heard that!

The most mindboggling thing is that TANCREDO HIMSELF dismissed the bill as being ridiculous. Tancredo!! The same guy who fed the anti-immigrant movement so much of their rhetoric.
It is NOT mindboggling. Tancredo understands the difference between illegal immigration policy and racism. I am anti illegal. I am also anti racism. This bill will cause distress to LEGAL Arizona citizens who don't look "American" enough. Illegal immigration policy can be passed without the racism.

H.R.1868: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Look here. This is POLICY CHANGE. We change birthright citizenship. That is the start. Call your representatives and suggest they sponsor this.

What we don't do is treat someone differently based on the color of their skin.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
It is NOT mindboggling. Tancredo understands the difference between illegal immigration policy and racism. I am anti illegal. I am also anti racism. This bill will cause distress to LEGAL Arizona citizens who don't look "American" enough. Illegal immigration policy can be passed without the racism.

H.R.1868: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Look here. This is POLICY CHANGE. We change birthright citizenship. That is the start. Call your representatives and suggest they sponsor this.

What we don't do is treat someone differently based on the color of their skin.
Have you read the law as I have? Have you not read in this forum the explanations of what constitutes "lawful contact" by LE and only after that occurs and valid I.D. cannot be presented reasonable suspicion can come into play that can lead to questions about status in this country? Once again, no one can be stopped for "not looking American (whatever that means) skintone or ethnicity. The law forbids racial profiling. By not understanding or reading the bill before you make erroneous analysis of it you pass on false information.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:39 PM

181 posts, read 274,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Have you read the law as I have? Have you not read in this forum the explanations of what constitutes "lawful contact" by LE and only after that occurs and valid I.D. cannot be presented reasonable suspicion can come into play that can lead to questions about status in this country? Once again, no one can be stopped for "not looking American (whatever that means) skintone or ethnicity. The law forbids racial profiling. By not understanding or reading the bill before you make erroneous analysis of it you pass on false information.
Pardon my ignorance. I have not read the entire bill. I am fine with AZ police pulling someone over for speeding, no tags, etc and if the driver cannot produce a valid DL, begin investigating why not.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 PM

1,161 posts, read 3,266,904 times
John Stewart can svck it. Bill Maher rocks...

Bill Maher may defend illegals sometimes, but he really doesn't give a sh1t. The important thing is that he does not support greedy pro-growth policies. It is this outdated policy that is destroying this country. Manifest Destiny??? 310 million Americans and massive depletion of natural resources you fvcking Einsteins...

Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM

313 posts, read 295,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but opposition to this bill does not equate to support for illegal immigration. Apples and oranges.
Wow, come up with that one on your own? We are talking about the bill after all, aren't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration