U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,056,012 times

Advertisements

Do they feel it will be part of their burden to provide for the thousands of illegals who potentially will flee from Arizona to parts of California? The Mexican government certainly doesn't seem like they want them to come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Do they feel it will be part of their burden to provide for the thousands of illegals who potentially will flee from Arizona to parts of California? The Mexican government certainly doesn't seem like they want them to come back.
Maybe but it's extremely unintelligent of the California politicans to broadcast what great humanitarians they are and how California would gladly embrace anyone who wants to come here illegally or otherwise.

I believe this will have the effect of California now getting many illegals now from Arizona as well as any who were planning to cross the border and head into Arizona. Texas and New Mexico politicians are laying kind of low - for this very reason I think.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe but it's extremely unintelligent of the California politicans to broadcast what great humanitarians they are and how California would gladly embrace anyone who wants to come here illegally or otherwise.

I believe this will have the effect of California now getting many illegals now from Arizona as well as any who were planning to cross the border and head into Arizona. Texas and New Mexico politicians are laying kind of low - for this very reason I think.
Next thing you know, the State will start buying radio, TV and print ads advertising for the illegals to come to Calif with enticements of great schools, FREE Medi-Cal, public assistance, subsidized housing, etc. well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Next thing you know, the State will start buying radio, TV and print ads advertising for the illegals to come to Calif with enticements of great schools, FREE Medi-Cal, public assistance, subsidized housing, etc. well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.
Yes with some counties in California with already over 20%, 25% unemployed people, it's time to hold off with all the "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Sure it sounds good, but how do they really expect to pay for them all once they arrive? Wait until the politicans tell the Americans out of work for months that the unemployment checks can't go on any longer yet they're doing all they can to entice more of that cheap labor to move on in.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,667,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Principle, values, and justice.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,056,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer75 View Post
principle, values, and justice.
lol.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 PM

California's unemployment rate is sky high as is Arizona's yet Mexico itself has an unemployment rate any American state would envy.

Mexico's unemployment rate is 4.81%.

WRAPUP 1-Mexico March jobless rate falls; exports surge | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration