U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 AM

313 posts, read 295,281 times

Advertisements

claiming Latinos brought it upon themselves,

even TOM TANCREDO, who along with Lou Dobbs, served as one of the major sources of information for the anti-Mexican immigrant movement, expresses fears of the law encouraging Racial profiling.

Quote:
[He] applauds the law in that Arizona took control of enforcing laws the federal government hasn't enforced.

But he questions how police can stop people for any reason. "I do not want people here, there in Arizona, pulled over because you look like should be pulled over," says Tancredo.

He suspects police in Arizona will only pull people over for breaking the law. But they could already do this before the new law.
You know you're in trouble when Tom Tancredo says you've gone too far - Blog For Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
claiming Latinos brought it upon themselves,

even TOM TANCREDO, who along with Lou Dobbs, served as one of the major sources of information for the anti-Mexican immigrant movement, expresses fears of the law encouraging Racial profiling.

You know you're in trouble when Tom Tancredo says you've gone too far - Blog For Arizona

Tancredo wasn't questioning how this law would be implemented. He did not express fear that it would encourage racial profiling. He was merely saying that if that it were going to be the case (which he knows it would not) he would then be fearful of that. It amazes the spin and twist and the taking out of context by the pro-illegals on other's words so desperately seeking support for their agenda especially from the opposing side.

Here is what Tancredo said:

"If I had anything to say about it, we'd be doing it in Colorado," Tancredo told Denver news station KDVR. But, he said, "I do not want people here, there in Arizona, pulled over because you look like should be pulled over."

He is not saying that is what is going to happen in Arizona what he is saying he wouldn't want a law that would advocate racial profiling. I am sure he has read it and knows that isn't what is in the law or he wouldn't be recommending it for Colorado also.

Last edited by chicagonut; 04-28-2010 at 09:15 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,982 times
Again this is a non-issue.....The law is specific about not profiling.
So this is a useless thread.

Read the law before posting.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
it is ok for police to profile anyone. this and posts like it have a common element an attempt to trump immigration and employment law with civil rights law. not guna happen. the assertion that violation of immigration and employment law is not a crime is a false one.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-28-2010 at 09:22 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Who is profiling? It's the open borders side that insists every hispanic not only looks and acts the same but that every hispanic wants unlimited immigration, has no respect for the immigration laws of this country.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,140,804 times
I am sure there will be a few isolated cases of hot shot cops overreaching, but we needed to do something as our federal gov just sits on their hands. Most of the law enforcement people will get additional training and I think this will work for now. We do need to come up with a good guest worker program as well as fix the damn fence now.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,321 times
Again, the courts have ruled again and again that it's OK to profile someone as long as that is not the only reason for probable suspicion of being here illegally.. Since the vast majority of illegals are hispanics, with Mexicans being the majority, it's only natural that LE look at the hispanic community in a search for an illegal infestation. But LE does have to have other reasons than just racial profiling for suspecting that a hispanic is illegal.

FACT: Left wing hispanic ass kissing democratic amnesty politicians can't amnesty illegal alien future democratic voters if they've been deported.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,160 times
This is another thread, saying the same wrong thing. Over and over and over and over and....I'm wondering when CD will say hey, when are you going to stop using this forum for this same issue that has been asked and answered fifty different times in a day? Sheeesh..what a waste of space.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM

234 posts, read 202,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Tancredo wasn't questioning how this law would be implemented. He did not express fear that it would encourage racial profiling. He was merely saying that if that it were going to be the case (which he knows it would not) he would then be fearful of that. It amazes the spin and twist and the taking out of context by the pro-illegals on other's words so desperately seeking support for their agenda especially from the opposing side.

Here is what Tancredo said:

"If I had anything to say about it, we'd be doing it in Colorado," Tancredo told Denver news station KDVR. But, he said, "I do not want people here, there in Arizona, pulled over because you look like should be pulled over."

He is not saying that is what is going to happen in Arizona what he is saying he wouldn't want a law that would advocate racial profiling. I am sure he has read it and knows that isn't what is in the law or he wouldn't be recommending it for Colorado also.
Excerpts from the article;

"I do not want people here, there in Arizona, pulled over because you look like should be pulled over," says Tancredo.

Looks like you're the one spinning spinning spinning....

Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM

234 posts, read 202,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Again, the courts have ruled again and again that it's OK to profile someone as long as that is not the only reason for probable suspicion of being here illegally.. Since the vast majority of illegals are hispanics, with Mexicans being the majority, it's only natural that LE look at the hispanic community in a search for an illegal infestation. But LE does have to have other reasons than just racial profiling for suspecting that a hispanic is illegal.

FACT: Left wing hispanic ass kissing democratic amnesty politicians can't amnesty illegal alien future democratic voters if they've been deported.

I see that democracy is a bad thing when it doesn't agree with you.

Hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration