Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Isn't a holder of a green card a citizen of this country? A naturalized citizen?
Uh no, a green card holder is a legal resident alien. Not a citizen, naturalized or otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM

79 posts, read 94,165 times
I'm not carrying any papers that show im born in this country. If the cops want to arrest me go ahead. I will sued the crap out of Arizona.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Tell that to this Hispanic Truck driver who had his drivers license and other documents on his person when stopped at an Arizona truck stop.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

PHOENIX – A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Featured Videos
Uh, huh and I would like to hear both sides to this story. Until I do I will remain skeptical.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Tell that to this Hispanic Truck driver who had his drivers license and other documents on his person when stopped at an Arizona truck stop.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

PHOENIX – A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway.
He was detained by ICE, Ill say it again, ICE, while at a weigh station because he did not have all his documents. Has nothing to do with the new law (local law inforcement vs. federal agents). This law is not even in effect yet.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:41 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Uh no, a green card holder is a legal resident alien. Not a citizen, naturalized or otherwise.
Yeah, they explained that.

I've never had one. It must mean I'm not allowed to be here...or I'm just not a resident alien. Take your pick.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
I'm not carrying any papers that show im born in this country. If the cops want to arrest me go ahead. I will sued the crap out of Arizona.
All you need to do is have your DL on you. You aren't required to carry your birth certificate. Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM

313 posts, read 344,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am willing to be ID'd from time to time if it will help stop illegal immigration. I have nothing to hide.
Are there any more constitutional rights and personal liberties you are willing to give up because you have nothing to hide?

How about random searches of your home? You don't got anything to hide.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yeah, they explained that.

I've never had one. It must mean I'm not allowed to be here...or I'm just not a resident alien. Take your pick.
You don't know if you are allowed to be here or not? How did you come here in the first place?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
My home is not overcrowded with a dozen people, ten cars out front parked illegally with fraudulent inspection stickers, loud music playing with electricity tapped at the pole and beer bottles and diapers in the yard.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Are there any more constitutional rights and personal liberties you are willing to give up because you have nothing to hide?

Oh, I see anytime you are asked to show your I.D. you are giving up your constitutional rights? Hope you don't plan on using any credit cards soon or boarding a plane. Good luck with that! Funny, I have never had my home randomly searched and neither have most Americans regardless of their ethnicity or race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration