U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2010, 02:55 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,589,900 times
Reputation: 9494

Advertisements

I am willing to be ID'd from time to time if it will help stop illegal immigration. I have nothing to hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,099,086 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am willing to be ID'd from time to time if it will help stop illegal immigration. I have nothing to hide.
that would be great, but that isnt what the law says. Identification is not proof of immigration status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,392,330 times
Reputation: 10917
C'mon man, where's your green card? You say you're a citizen, you better have a green card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,099,086 times
Reputation: 957
there is no need of any card, of any color. none. all people will have to say is I plead the 5th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:36 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,589,900 times
Reputation: 9494
That is an interesting evasion. So if you are driving without a license and a policeman asks to see your license, you just plead the fifth and the policeman goes away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,392,330 times
Reputation: 10917
Yes, but if you don't say it in a flat Midwestern drawl--if you have any sort of accent--the cop will assume you're an illegal. Because that's the mental capacity of cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,099,086 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
That is an interesting evasion. So if you are driving without a license and a policeman asks to see your license, you just plead the fifth and the policeman goes away?
What does a licence have to do with the new law? what does driving wthout a licence have to do with the new law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,185,212 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yes, but if you don't say it in a flat Midwestern drawl--if you have any sort of accent--the cop will assume you're an illegal. Because that's the mental capacity of cops.
The cop's assumption won't matter if you have valid I.D. he can't do anything to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,185,212 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
C'mon man, where's your green card? You say you're a citizen, you better have a green card.
Citizens don't have green cards but a green card is proof that you are here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,185,212 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
that would be great, but that isnt what the law says. Identification is not proof of immigration status.
If a valid citzen I.D. and/or green card is not proof that you are in this country legally, then I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top