U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Don't fool yourself that all American blacks like being told don't bother applying for a job because the job requires native Spanish fluency. Nor should you think all American blacks believe that the only solution to all the world's problems is to bring all the over 2 billion impoverished people and provide them all a nice comfortable life here. Not all blacks are thrilled over groups that call themselves "The Race" and demand unlimited immigration from any country where Spanish is spoken but don't seem to object to immigration controls from African and other nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Actually the law does not legislate racial profiling but instead prohibits it. But if one has an agenda one won't be honest about that but spread falsehoods about it instead.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't fool yourself that all American blacks like being told don't bother applying for a job because the job requires native Spanish fluency. Nor should you think all American blacks believe that the only solution to all the world's problems is to bring all the over 2 billion impoverished people and provide them all a nice comfortable life here. Not all blacks are thrilled over groups that call themselves "The Race" and demand unlimited immigration from any country where Spanish is spoken but don't seem to object to immigration controls from African and other nations.
Excellent points, malamute.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 AM

887 posts, read 1,745,151 times
Come together and do what? form a supersized underclass in America?

Look at the test scores among whites and Asians, and then compare with Hispanics and blacks. Don't tell me it's discrimination and language issues. Every second-generation Asian (or even those who followed their parents to the US) I know speaks perfect English even though their parents could barely form a sentence. It's an attitude problem and it's unfortunate that the Hispanics aren't learning from the Asians.

The first failure is to view yourself as a minority. Most Asians don't.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Poll shows widespread support of immigration bill - Univision.com Buscar Videos

Watch the lady at 0:53 "The fact that I'm brown doesn't take away my right to support this bill."

Of course race fascists would tell her otherwise.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 AM

604 posts, read 637,851 times
Quote:

Haha, I liked the first article... to sing "as if massa's gonna get you..."

Anyways, I agree with Arizona, and am proud they are attempting to take steps to prevent this.

I hate immigration, and its one of the reasons our country is failing, although a minor one, considering 47% of the pop. doesnt pay taxes...

I'm fine with Americans with Hispanic backgrounds, and with Mexicans becoming citizens, but I hate illegal immigrants who just walk across

Old 04-28-2010, 08:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Come together and do what? form a supersized underclass in America?

Look at the test scores among whites and Asians, and then compare with Hispanics and blacks. Don't tell me it's discrimination and language issues. Every second-generation Asian (or even those who followed their parents to the US) I know speaks perfect English even though their parents could barely form a sentence. It's an attitude problem and it's unfortunate that the Hispanics aren't learning from the Asians.

The first failure is to view yourself as a minority. Most Asians don't.
Not quite true although I catch your drift loud and clear:

Most Blacks (and their US born kids) who came here freely from Africa have a belief in self improvement and education that rivals the best people from anywhere. President Obama is 'merely' the most famous manifestation thereof.

And quite a few Hispanics from South America have that same can-do attitude vs. most of the ones from Mexico/Central America.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I like the link, but I'm already sick to my stomach thinking about the responses from people who are determined(COUGHARIZONA) to instigate conflict between (COUGHBEAR) Black and Brown people, as well as a few token Black anti-illegals happily playing into that conflict, while denying it's about anything more than the illegal status.
The usual response to these stories ALWAYS involve attacks on the people of the large and diverse country of Mexico.
Quote:
Oh boy are we on the same page...yes I'm tired of the same thing too. Some of my biggest supporters are in fact African or African American.
You are not black. Otherwise, you would realize black Americans overwhelmingly oppose illegal immigration. It isn’t an issue of race or ethnicity (Hispanic or otherwise). It is an issue of our laws, and those who flagrantly ignore them. You see, contrary to ethnocentric sentiments, most black citizens are in fact law-abiding, moral human beings. We generally oppose lawlessness, regardless of the race/ethnicity of the perpetrator.

Arpayaso, the “token” anti-illegal blacks you speak of represent the majority, not the minority. Before you continue your self-appointment as spokesperson for “Black America” why not go to the source, rather than relying on spurious propaganda.

Don’t mistake opposition by blacks to the AZ law as an endorsement for illegal immigration. It isn't. Some of the staunchest anti-illegals both black and white oppose this law. However, once the dust settles and truth prevails, they will realize this has been deliberately blown out of proportion to support an amnesty agenda.

Illegal immigration is against the law, period. Please stop making this an issue of race. There is no need for a black/brown coalition. As citizens of this country, we should want what’s best for ALL of our citizens. I am disgusted at the attempts to align Black America with the plight of illegal aliens, who are now in the spotlight due to their own decision to violate our laws. This is not a civil rights issue, because foreigners do not have a “civil right” to live and work in this country illegally.

If you really want to feel the pulse of Black America relative to illegal immigration, read the comments on the linked blog. The CBC closed this forum two years ago because they were inundated with negative comments from fed up black citizens. They wouldn’t dare reopen it for comments today.

Congressional Black Caucus - Blog Posting Detail (http://www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc?BLOG,mi13_kilpatrick,blog,999,All,Item%20 not%20found,ID=070523_0632,TEMPLATE=postingdetail. shtml - broken link)

If either of you are ever in the DC area, listen to the Joe Madison Show on WOL Radio. Black listeners are totally outraged over illegal immigration. You are listening to the wrong people, because Al and Jesse to not speak for us.

Zac, what do you mean by blacks are some of “your” biggest supporters? Aren’t you here legally?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM

25,084 posts, read 13,914,091 times
African Americans r not going to support illegal immigration. If there is one group who truly realizes the cost of illegal immigration and is living with the adverse reality of it every day, it is African Americans. Americans regardless of their ethnicity have the opportunity to collectively join and say "Enough" "No" is the right answer for illegal immigration. This is not a "Black" issue on any level. It is an American Citizen issue.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
African Americans r not going to support illegal immigration. If there is one group who truly realizes the cost of illegal immigration and is living with the adverse reality of it every day, it is African Americans. Americans regardless of their ethnicity have the opportunity to collectively join and say "Enough" "No" is the right answer for illegal immigration. This is not a "Black" issue on any level. It is an American Citizen issue.
Try to tell that to Al Sharpton. He is a stooge for the left and will throw his own people under the train for his wealth and fame. Do his constituants think he actually listens to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or