U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's really puzzling as to why Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer decided to **** off the entire Hispanic population of her state by signing a bill that basically legislates racial profiling but does nothing to actually address the problem of illegal immigration. The idea behind it was to use legislation to solve the "problem" of illegals, the crimes they commit and the strain on the state's system rather than just fixing the porous border between Arizona and Mexico.

I mean, she's not as ditzy as Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, but it was a dumb political move nonetheless. All that notwithstanding, the new law, which kicks in after 90 days, barring any successful legal challenges, presents an opportunity to bring together the African American and Hispanic communities, healing long-strained relations between the two.
BV Black Spin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:09 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
I guess I'm missing something here. I was not aware that there were that many illegal "African Americans" in the US.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 AM

313 posts, read 295,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I like the link, but I'm already sick to my stomach thinking about the responses from people who are determined(COUGHARIZONA) to instigate conflict between (COUGHBEAR) Black and Brown people, as well as a few token Black anti-illegals happily playing into that conflict, while denying it's about anything more than the illegal status.

The usual response to these stories ALWAYS involve attacks on the people of the large and diverse country of Mexico.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 AM

313 posts, read 295,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I guess I'm missing something here. I was not aware that there were that many illegal "African Americans" in the US.
You're missing something, you just don't have a clue what it is.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I like the link, but I'm already sick to my stomach thinking about the responses from people who are determined(COUGHARIZONA) to instigate conflict between (COUGHBEAR) Black and Brown people, as well as a few token Black anti-illegals happily playing into that conflict, while denying it's about anything more than the illegal status.

The usual response to these stories ALWAYS involve attacks on the people of the large and diverse country of Mexico.
Oh boy are we on the same page...yes I'm tired of the same thing too. Some of my biggest supporters are in fact African or African American.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, you sure do. Check the numbers of Africans in our country that are illegal.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
You're missing something, you just don't have a clue what it is.
Please enlighten me.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 AM

132 posts, read 66,295 times
Quote:

LOL. Yeah right. I've been to ErrorZona.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 AM

143 posts, read 479,680 times
Quote:
Yes, you sure do. Check the numbers of Africans in our country that are illegal.
there is a difference between Africans and African Americans (blacks). By definition African Americans are Americans and hence not illegal.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekia02 View Post
there is a difference between Africans and African Americans (blacks). By definition African Americans are Americans and hence not illegal.
You know that and I know that...........just that certain pro illegal alien apologists 'cannot' see the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or