U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
LOL, so true. California boycotting you is like a homeless panhandler on the side of the highway boycotting you.
Excellent!! And California politicians are gaining their state much less sympathy for when the economic collapse happens and they find themselves begging for the federal government bailouts.

These are the lamer politicians who have done absolutely nothing for the American citizens they were elected to serve. Just wait until they have to tell the citizens that there's no more money for unemployment handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why would anyone from any city, need to go to another state for official business. Or a whole lot of business? Budgets are tight these days.
California politcians should have no travel. They need to actually do something for the the citizens of California whose unemployment rates are only going up.

Plus they need to save this money for the huge onslaught of illegals soon to arrive.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
You can boycott anything you want. I've been boycotting WALMART since they declared war on American suppliers. I haven't noticed any effect but I still boycott them

Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

7,208 posts, read 8,190,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I have a feeling you'll be seeing many more. The illegals of Arizona certainly won't be moving back to their own countries, they'll be packing up to move to California.

It's shameful that there are counties in California where 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 Americans are unemployed, but go ahead and bring in millions more impoverished from foreign countries, and make sure you have the programs in place for those new arrivals from Arizona. You want them, now you can pay for them.
Though I grew up in the Bay Area, I no longer live in California. Up here in Washington state, we even have an illegal immigration problem.

Something should be done about it. It's just that this law goes about it the wrong way..

The focus should be almost 100% on the employers. Never mind though, I'm talking to myself...it's much easier to hate poor brown people and let the fat cats slide..

Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,619,808 times
The should go "home" or get naturalized, simple. Every state should follow suit. RP

Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM

60,202 posts, read 30,630,253 times
Drastic measures, in drastic times.

They have needed to go after employers since 1986 and the passage of the Reagan bill, like the bill specifies. They have let it slide so long, you have a once silent economic disaster, becoming an earthquake, hurricane, and volcano, all going off at the same moment.

Drastic measures, for drastic times!

Blaze a trail Arizona, blaze a trail!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM

470 posts, read 388,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wow talk about spin.
They're not banned. They just can't take paid vacations there.
I thought the right would be happy they're cutting down on big gubment worker paid vacations.
And you want to talk about spin as you spun this 180 degrees. How is banning someone from using their paid vacation where they want to even constitutional? How does that crack down on the amount spent on paid vacations? Since they are not allowed to go to Arizona they will not take a vacation at all? Talk about a moronic argument, this one takes the cake.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,941 times
I live in Arizona, and we are a resilient lot when the stakes are high. Most of the people I know are doing just fine. We will take care of our own. It's karma time. So what if we have to tighten up the old belt buckle a notch or two ? A lot of people 'round these parts could stand to drop a lb or two. (or 40) Giving up booze, cancer sticks, and chaw could put xtra cash in the old pocket. We WILL survive, so go ahead and boycott. Make yourselves useless..those nay sayers amongst you.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM

3,674 posts, read 5,853,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think i'll book me a flight to Phoenix. And smile profusely as I enjoy an American Pale Ale, a BBQ Sandwich, and a nice big piece of Apple Pie.

I have more respect for the people of AZ as a result of this law. American Patriots who see this nation as a nation of laws, not a nation of scofflaws.

Have a slice for me too!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Though I grew up in the Bay Area, I no longer live in California. Up here in Washington state, we even have an illegal immigration problem.

Something should be done about it. It's just that this law goes about it the wrong way..

The focus should be almost 100% on the employers. Never mind though, I'm talking to myself...it's much easier to hate poor brown people and let the fat cats slide..
But where were you when there was talk about the fence or having the actual border itself enforced?

The open borders side wanted their unlimited supplies of cheap labor and wanted nothing at all done about very massive illegal immigration.

The federal government has not done the job it was given to do, and it's still not creating all those 5 million jobs for unemployed Americans while it promises illegals quick citizenship and their "family reunification" so that many millions more will be soon arriving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration