U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM

30,106 posts, read 15,661,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This just shows you how wacko San Francisco is!

Banning city employees from traveling to, or through Arizona.

That is so unconstitutional, it isn't funny.

I don't know where to begin about this stupid, lame Progressive thinking. Talk about controlling the citizens.

I guess if you work for the government, your going to have to give up your freedom to make your own choice.
I smell a law suit! Can San Francisco afford it?

Those people are so wacked out. Look at Pelosi. Is she an example of your typical SF politician?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM

48 posts, read 15,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nope, official business. Dang TV media! They made it sound as if it was on their own time too.

now that doesn't support your agenda, now does it?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,494,638 times
The larger question for me here is this...

California is in financial crisis. Their state is on the verge of collapse. Their state is full of wonderful places to hold a convention, especially for workers from their own state, and that in turn would return money back into state coffers.

Though Mayor Newsome is no doubt doing this for attention, I think it's a great idea. California needs to spend money in California. Send your government workers to meet each other at the numerous places within your own state. Your financial house is on fire and instead of being logical and figuring out a way to stop the bleeding, they are spending their time butting into another state's affairs that they have no business meddling in. And you wonder why California, as beautiful of a state as it is, is a mess. Exhibit A...

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

438 posts, read 435,834 times
City employees on Official buisness. It is just a boycott by the city government.
There is nothing preventing city employees from going there on their own time.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 PM

292 posts, read 459,954 times
That's what happens when Democratic, environmentalist, vegetarian, liberals take over!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not just San Francisco, LA is thinking about a boycott as well. Hopefully, this will continue to spread.

Arizona can do what they want, until this law is found unconstitutional that is, but in the meantime...make them pay for it..

Read more: California politicians fume over Arizona law

Typical left wing thinking. Make everyone think like you do, if they don't want to , hurt them in some way, MAKE THEM PAY. Those of us who have to live with these bloody illegals are paying to the point of pain every single day you moron! If you were in the same boat with us, I doubt you would be quite so touchy feely and 'compassionate' about the 'plight' of these parasites. If you love them so much, maybe they can just come stay with you.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
it's City Travel, they don't care what yoou do on your vacation

Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM

525 posts, read 918,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
San Francisco has proposed a boycott of business with Arizona. They want to expand it to the State of California. Personally, I don't believe any city or state should try to punish another financially just because the Federal government isn't doing its job. The solution in Arizona may not be the best, but since we don't live there, we can't fault Arizonans for trying to protect their life and property.

If SF goes through with this, I will boycott spending anything in SF. It only amounts to a few thousand dollars a year for restaurants, hotels, and concert tickets, but its my small statement. What are your thoughts?
I agree I am in San Francisco right now. I live in Los Angeles and if Los Angeles boycotts also I am so ready to get the hell out of this screwed up state. Such a shame to have such beautiful weather and scenery but so messed up political views. What a waste of such beauty.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I live in Arizona and, as some of you who have read my posts know, I have my doubts about this bill.

However, if SF or LA want to boycott Arizona, I am more than happy to return the compliment. I might even get less tolerant of all those CA plates we see on our roads.
Hey Hey hey I have a California license plate and I am totally against the boycott. I am totally for what Arizona is doing and I wish they would do the same out here in California.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You can boycott anything you want. I've been boycotting WALMART since they declared war on American suppliers. I haven't noticed any effect but I still boycott them
Yeah I don't shop at Walmart either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration