U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM

60,202 posts, read 30,630,253 times

Advertisements

This just shows you how wacko San Francisco is!

Banning city employees from traveling to, or through Arizona.

That is so unconstitutional, it isn't funny.

I don't know where to begin about this stupid, lame Progressive thinking. Talk about controlling the citizens.

I guess if you work for the government, your going to have to give up your freedom to make your own choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:12 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
It's probably a good idea with the extreme budget crisis in California and it's cities to keep the policians home and not having them spend their taxpayers' money in other states.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 AM

14,253 posts, read 14,745,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I don't know where to begin about this stupid, lame Progressive thinking. Talk about controlling the citizens.

I guess if you work for the government, your going to have to give up your freedom to make your own choice.
Is this just work related travel or are they trying to regulate what employees do in their own time?

7,208 posts, read 8,190,566 times
Quote:

Not just San Francisco, LA is thinking about a boycott as well. Hopefully, this will continue to spread.

Arizona can do what they want, until this law is found unconstitutional that is, but in the meantime...make them pay for it..

Quote:
And a resolution calling on Los Angeles to boycott Arizona was co-authored by council members Ed Reyes and Janice Hahn

Read more: California politicians fume over Arizona law

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Plus - California is going to need to keep some of those state and local tax dollars for the big onslaught of foreign citizens about to arrive in California not only from all of Mexico and Central America but now also from Arizona.

They want them, they can now pay for them, but they'd better be careful how they tell the unemployed citizens that there's no more money for their unemployment checks.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's probably a good idea with the extreme budget crisis in California and it's cities to keep the policians home and not having them spend their taxpayers' money in other states.
Good point. However, as an alternative, the idiots in charge will probably send the employees to Las Vegas to gamble with taxpayer's dollars.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Is this just work related travel or are they trying to regulate what employees do in their own time?
There own time... ( Edit below ) It is for official business}

I just heard it on the news this morning. Looking for a link at the moment.

Last edited by BentBow; 04-28-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 AM

14,253 posts, read 14,745,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Plus - California is going to need to keep some of those state and local tax dollars for the big onslaught of foreign citizens about to arrive in California not only from all of Mexico and Central America but now also from Arizona.

They want them, they can now pay for them, but they'd better be careful how they tell the unemployed citizens that there's no more money for their unemployment checks.
They will probably try to stop them at their border posts ....... ooops .... I meant inspection posts

Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM

6,183 posts, read 4,781,649 times
Wow talk about spin.
They're not banned. They just can't take paid vacations there.
I thought the right would be happy they're cutting down on big gubment worker paid vacations.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
There own time

I just heard it on the news this morning. Looking for a link at the moment.

Nope, official business. Dang TV media! They made it sound as if it was on their own time too.

SF Workers Banned From Travel To AZ - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/news/23284432/detail.html - broken link)

Quote:
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom announced today a moratorium on official city travel to Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration