U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You silly goose, during the ERA of Ellis Island was long before we had the Great Depression and the signing of Franklin Delano Roosevelt 'NEW DEAL' which began an era of Socialism in America.

Had their been a social security office, food stamps or free medical services during the ERA of Ellis Island, you can bet your lucky stars that those European immigrants would have lined up in droves for those services.

So you don't believe me?

Then why in raw numbers not per capita are their more European decent Americans on welfare than any other group of Americans?
Which was moot. Bottom line was that legal immigrants back then had to fend for themselves or at least Americans of their ancestral ethnic groups i.e Italians helped out the new arrivals.

Because there are many times more 'Anglo' Americans than anything else-------duh!

 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's your point? That is what it (our social service network) is designed to do. By AMERICANS for AMERICANS.

THE POINT
Had their been a social security office, food stamps or free medical services during the ERA of Ellis Island, you can bet your lucky stars that those European immigrants would have lined up in droves for those services.

Please inform me exactly whose receiving welfare, food stamps, and free medical services in the USA and what exact law allows them to do so?

CHOP CHOP EINSTEIN, I'M WAITING
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
 
181 posts, read 274,275 times
Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You silly goose, during the ERA of Ellis Island was long before we had the Great Depression and the signing of Franklin Delano Roosevelt 'NEW DEAL' which began an era of Socialism in America.

Had their been a social security office, food stamps or free medical services during the ERA of Ellis Island, you can bet your lucky stars that those European immigrants would have lined up in droves for those services.

So you don't believe me?

Then why in raw numbers not per capita are their more European decent Americans on welfare than any other group of Americans?
The only reason the latino number isn't higher is that latinos CAN'T get benefits. Only their legal children.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which was moot. Bottom line was that legal immigrants back then had to fend for themselves or at least Americans of their ancestral ethnic groups i.e Italians helped out the new arrivals.

Because there are many times more 'Anglo' Americans than anything else-------duh!

So you're arrogantly claiming that European Immigrants were much more better than todays immigrants simply becuase they had to fend for themselves in the same ways that todays immigrants have to? Many of the Ellis Island Immigrants ultimately suffered from poverty and malnutrition due in part to the commencement of the Great Depression!

Why on earth do you think Roosevent enacted the New Deal in the first place? He never wanted to see that happen again to our newly arrived Immigrants.

DURR...
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
The only reason the latino number isn't higher is that latinos CAN'T get benefits. Only their legal children.

Well, thank you for realizing that only American Citizens are the ones that are eligible at utilizing benefits.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
So you're arrogantly claiming that European Immigrants were much more better than todays immigrants simply becuase they had to fend for themselves in the same ways that todays immigrants have to? Many of the Ellis Island Immigrants ultimately suffered from poverty and malnutrition due in part to the commencement of the Great Depression!

Why on earth do you think Roosevent enacted the New Deal in the first place? He never wanted to see that happen again to our newly arrived Immigrants.

DURR...
If discussing legal immigrants (Euro, Mexican, Nigerian, etc.): of course they are MUCH better than illegal aliens. The latter including DREAMies are losers who need to be thrown out of the USA, no question asked.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You silly goose, during the ERA of Ellis Island was long before we had the Great Depression and the signing of Franklin Delano Roosevelt 'NEW DEAL' which began an era of Socialism in America.

Had their been a social security office, food stamps or free medical services during the ERA of Ellis Island, you can bet your lucky stars that those European immigrants would have lined up in droves for those services.

So you don't believe me?

Then why in raw numbers not per capita are their more European decent Americans on welfare than any other group of Americans?
Your posts seem to be obsessed with race/ethnicity. Get over it already - not everyone has such a tribal mentality about the issue of illegal immigration.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Because there are many times more 'Anglo' Americans than anything else-------duh!

And why is their more Anglo decent Americans in the USA than any other minority group?

Lets take a look at US immigration law.

Naturalization Act of 1790: Stipulated that "any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States"

1882 The Chinese Exclusion Act: Prohibited certain laborers from immigrating to the United States.

1885 and 1887: Alien Contract Labor laws which prohibited certain laborers from immigrating to the United States.

1892: On January 2, a new Federal US immigration station opened on Ellis Island in New York Harbor. Ellis Island officially closed down in 1954. Naturalization Act of 1790 still applies to only White people becoming Citizens and to the exclusion of non-Whites.

1903: This Act restated the 1891 provisions concerning land borders and called for rules covering entry as well as inspection of aliens crossing the Mexican border.

1907 The US immigration Act of 1907: Reorganized the states bordering Mexico (Arizona, New Mexico and a large part of Texas) into Mexican Border District to stem the flow of immigrants into the United States.

1917 - 1924: A series of laws were enacted to further limit the number of new immigrants. These laws established the quota system and imposed passport requirements. They expanded the categories of excludable aliens and banned all Asians except Japanese.

Indian Citizenship Act of 1924

1940 The Alien Registration Act: Required all aliens (non-U.S. citizens) within the United States to register with the Government and receive an Alien Registration Receipt Card (the predecessor of the "Green Card").

1968 Act: Eliminated US immigration discrimination based on race, place of birth, sex and residence. It also officially abolished restrictions on Oriental US immigration.

1986 Act: Focused on curtailing illegal US immigration. It legalized hundred of thousands of illegal immigrants. The 1986 Immigration Act is commonly know as the 1986 Immigration Amnesty. It also introduced the employer sanctions program which fines employers for hiring illegal workers. It also passed tough laws to prevent bogus marriage fraud. Hey look, they finally let some Latin Americans into America to become citizens.

Creation of the USCIS 2003: As of March 1, 2003, the US immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) becomes part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

You see prior to 1900's and Ellis Island, [which officially ended in 1954] as long as you were a free Anglo alien you were accepted by the Government who happen to be ALL ANGLO.

This practice continued until the civil rights movement of 1968.

Now we both know why theirs more Anglo Americans in the USA than any other group of people.

No special treatment regarding American Immigration laws, right?


Care to elaborate?
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
THE POINT
Had their been a social security office, food stamps or free medical services during the ERA of Ellis Island, you can bet your lucky stars that those European immigrants would have lined up in droves for those services.

Please inform me exactly whose receiving welfare, food stamps, and free medical services in the USA and what exact law allows them to do so?

CHOP CHOP EINSTEIN, I'M WAITING
I'll ignore your rude comment and deal with facts.

The fact is you have no idea what people of that era would have done. It's impossible and this is a wild speculation.

Fact, some of the biggest users of our social service network are Americans that became Americans via the loophole called the 14th amendment.

Fact, if the criminal Mother hadn't managed to sneak across our border dodging the Border Patrol and ICE the child wouldn't have been American, he/she would mostly like have been A Mexican by default as they are the biggest abusers of the 14th amendment loophole. Next in line would be Americans that should have been Guatemalans.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If discussing legal immigrants (Euro, Mexican, Nigerian, etc.): of course they are MUCH better than illegal aliens. The latter including DREAMies are losers who need to be thrown out of the USA, no question asked.

The irony of your statement is that you act like our immigration laws are set in stone, which the history of immigration in this country has proven it is not.

Reagan gave amnesty to millions of illegals in the 1980s, just like our govt did for the dozens of millions of illegals who came here from Europe before 1912, both prime examples of how maleable our immigration laws are.

How about the chinese exclusion act, and its eradication in the 1960s, or the changing of quota laws for immigration?

These are all major changes in our immigration code and process that illustrate how the law is anything but written in stone.

You do know it was also illegal for blacks and whites to marry, asians to own property and native americans to practice their religion; and these laws were found to be incorrect and changed eventually.

My point is not that illegals should be given a free pass to come here, but that your point about illegal immigration being so wrong because the law states so is incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top