U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
If one makes an assertion about something to someone it is up to them to prove it not the other way around.

Hey, all one has to do is google an AFDC by race statistic.

It's not that difficult.[/quote]

Then do it and post it here. You are the one who made the assertion.

 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Reputation: 690
Just 0.5 percent
The foreign-born make up just 0.5 percent of Mexico’s 105 million people, compared with about 13 percent in the United States, which has a total population of 299 million. Mexico grants citizenship to about 3,000 people a year, compared to the U.S. average of almost a half million.


“There is a need for a little more openness, both at the policy level and in business affairs,” said David Kim, president of the Mexico-Korea Association, which represents the estimated 20,000 South Koreans in Mexico, many of them naturalized citizens.
“The immigration laws are very difficult ... and they put obstacles in the way that make it more difficult to compete,” Kim said, although most foreigners don’t come to Mexico seeking government posts.
J. Michael Waller, of the Center for Security Policy in Washington, was more blunt. “If American policy-makers are looking for legalmodels on which to base new laws restricting immigration and expelling foreign lawbreakers, they have a handy guide: the Mexican constitution,” he said in a recent article on immigration

Mexico bars immigrants from top jobs - Americas- msnbc.com
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,528 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hey, all one has to do is google an AFDC by race statistic.

It's not that difficult.
Then do it and post it here. You are the one who made the assertion.[/quote]


Besides making it rather obvious that you're now stalking and harassing me what's your point?


TANF Eighth Annual Report to Congress (http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/data-reports/annualreport8/chapter10/10figbdata.htm - broken link)
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,528 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Just 0.5 percent
The foreign-born make up just 0.5 percent of Mexico’s 105 million people, compared with about 13 percent in the United States, which has a total population of 299 million. Mexico grants citizenship to about 3,000 people a year, compared to the U.S. average of almost a half million.


“There is a need for a little more openness, both at the policy level and in business affairs,” said David Kim, president of the Mexico-Korea Association, which represents the estimated 20,000 South Koreans in Mexico, many of them naturalized citizens.
“The immigration laws are very difficult ... and they put obstacles in the way that make it more difficult to compete,” Kim said, although most foreigners don’t come to Mexico seeking government posts.
J. Michael Waller, of the Center for Security Policy in Washington, was more blunt. “If American policy-makers are looking for legalmodels on which to base new laws restricting immigration and expelling foreign lawbreakers, they have a handy guide: the Mexican constitution,” he said in a recent article on immigration

Mexico bars immigrants from top jobs - Americas- msnbc.com
Another thing that most people ignore is that Mexico actually enforces their closed border. Unlike the USA who leaves the door open with no attendant watching.

We can make all the laws in the world that says on paper that those pesky illegal immigrants don't belong here but without formal enforcement like placing more people on the border or building a real wall, illegal immigrants will continue to pass on through with just a hop and an skip over todays invisible wall.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Another thing that most people ignore is that Mexico actually enforces their closed border. Unlike the USA who leaves the door open with no attendant watching.

We can make all the laws in the world that says on paper that those pesky illegal immigrants don't belong here but without formal enforcement like placing more people on the border or building a real wall, illegal immigrants will continue to pass on through with just a hop and an skip over todays invisible wall.
And the blame for this rests upon the broad shoulders of our Federal Gov and our elected reps who feel no need to protect US interests.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Nativism is the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.

Is this not what you promote? The interest of Native-born people over those of immigrants?

I'm here to dialogue EVERYTHING about illegal immigration and it seems as if you and your ilk cannot handle certain facts.

Just continue to report my comments like you do to anyone that you disagree with.
I see no problem with that. Face it: if you were a new kid (immigrant) in town.........either you toe the line or get ostracized------minimum.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Another thing that most people ignore is that Mexico actually enforces their closed border. Unlike the USA who leaves the door open with no attendant watching.

We can make all the laws in the world that says on paper that those pesky illegal immigrants don't belong here but without formal enforcement like placing more people on the border or building a real wall, illegal immigrants will continue to pass on through with just a hop and an skip over todays invisible wall.
Which we are doing as we speak..........especially with the growing possibility of societal collapse SoB.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Another thing that most people ignore is that Mexico actually enforces their closed border. Unlike the USA who leaves the door open with no attendant watching.

We can make all the laws in the world that says on paper that those pesky illegal immigrants don't belong here but without formal enforcement like placing more people on the border or building a real wall, illegal immigrants will continue to pass on through with just a hop and an skip over todays invisible wall.
But we are called racist and mean if we guard our border with Mexico. What political pressure does Mexico have to admit scores of illegal immigrants.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,528 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And the blame for this rests upon the broad shoulders of our Federal Gov and our elected reps who feel no need to protect US interests.
You have that right.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,528 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
But we are called racist and mean if we guard our border with Mexico. What political pressure does Mexico have to admit scores of illegal immigrants.
Well, it's not racist to defend our sovereign borders. As for Mexico, the only pressure they have is what we give them.

Unfortunately and factually it's not Mexico's responsibility to prevent their citizens from entering the USA. If the USA makes laws demanding that foreign Nationals stay out of our Country then it's up to us as a Nation to defend ourselves from foreign Nationals.

Obviously, the USA seems to be very lax on their enforcement of its immigration laws.

With continued pressure they'll step up to the plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top