U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,574,150 times

Advertisements

I definite do not want it handled like they do at their southern borders. i don't even want any of their corrupt law enfocement ideas.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 AM

555 posts, read 740,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Nativism is the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.

Is this not what you promote? The interest of Native-born people over those of immigrants?

I'm here to dialogue EVERYTHING about illegal immigration and it seems as if you and your ilk cannot handle certain facts.

Just continue to report my comments like you do to anyone that you disagree with.
That definition of nativism does not mention illegal immigrants. Citizens must have more benefits or protected interests vis-a-vis illegal invaders. That is, in fact, precisely why the illegals want to become citizens.

I don't know if it was intentional, but that movie, "Gangs of New York," which is currently being shown repeatedly on AMC, pits the "natives" who are led by the villain, and he does look villainous, against the "immigrant" Irish. But if you pay attention, these immigrants were not illegal. There was open immigration then. In fact, many Irish immigrants immediately signed up for the Union army. I think the director Scorcese wanted to draw an analogy to the current situation, but that analogy is inapt for that reason.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 AM

555 posts, read 740,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Well lets deal with the facts. If the Feds manage to grant Amnesty and paths to citizenship for our Nations illegal immigrants population, they're going to pay a fine, undergo a background check, and who knows what else.

So you see, we're not rewarding them if they receive a fine and pay it. Isn't that the same thing we do to our own citizens when they break the law?

When you get a ticket for speeding and you pay the fine, surely that's not rewarding you for breaking the law.

The same applies to any future illegal immigrant who receives a fine for being in the Country illegally.

It's all outlined in the Comprehensive Immigration Reform agenda.
Nothing wrong with paying a fine for breaking the law, but that is for entering the country illegally. They will be given amnesty for any other crimes they may have committed, such as identity theft, fraud, non-payment of taxes, conspiracy, etc.

That leaves citizenship as a nice reward for breaking all these laws. That will never be allowed to happen.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Yac

5,885 posts, read 6,334,543 times
I really like it how people treat every thread in this forum as if its title was "post your random, generic immigration rants here. No, no topic, just rants .. and maybe some personal attacks, why not.".
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration