U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,106,999 times

Advertisements

For my fellow 2 nd amendment supporters would you mind cops setting up a check point for those leaving the range so they could pull you over and randomly check your firearms for being stolen or that you are not a felon? No probable cause to suspect you are but hey! "if you aren't illegal you have nothing to worry about" right?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
It is not as unconstitutional as a DUI checkpoint where you are stopped for absolutely no probable cause whatsoever and are asked to provide your paperwork so they can run it. Where is the outrage for this unconstitutional practice?
If there were a way to connect DUI checkpoints to non-white people, you'd bet that the race sympathizers would be complaining.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
For my fellow 2 nd amendment supporters would you mind cops setting up a check point for those leaving the range so they could pull you over and randomly check your firearms for being stolen or that you are not a felon? No probable cause to suspect you are but hey! "if you aren't illegal you have nothing to worry about" right?
I've got one.

If a group of chronic stop sign runners gathered in protest of being ticketed, screaming "drivers' rights!" claiming the cops to be anti-driver bigots, what would everyone think?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,106,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I've got one.

If a group of chronic stop sign runners gathered in protest of being ticketed, screaming "drivers' rights!" claiming the cops to be anti-driver bigots, what would everyone think?

Totally different from the argument. Better to ask, are the non guilty suppose to endure hardship for the sake of finding a guilty in the mix? Those that say "why not, if you are not guilty you have nothing to worry about" seem to support this.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM

470 posts, read 388,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yep and those are all attributes common of legit citizens as well. You mean if I get nervous like I always am when I get pulled over the cop has the right to put me through hell to prove I'm a citizen. You and I both know what "reasonable suspiscion" is, the difference is I'll admit it.
you are soo clueless and are arguing just to make your puppet masters happy. If you look evasive or nervous when pulled over, there is a very good possibility that you will be asked to step out of the vehicle and they will search it and your pockets. There will be NOTHING you can do about it.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Totally different from the argument. Better to ask, are the non guilty suppose to endure hardship for the sake of finding a guilty in the mix? Those that say "why not, if you are not guilty you have nothing to worry about" seem to support this.
What hardship? Showing an ID? Wow, that's tough. Do you cry when you are asked to show it when you are stopped at a DUI checkpoint for no probable cause? Didn't think so.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,031,310 times
Quote:
Many cities have many criminals who carry guns illegally, perhaps they should start check points.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,011 times
Again can someone point out what is Un-Constitutional about this law?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You do realize, as an American Citizen, you are not required to have an ID. A drivers license is a state requirement to allow you to drive, you don't have to drive, a Soc Sec card is required, most of the time, to work. You don't have to work. A birth certificate is something created at birth, how many people don't have a copy of that. There is no National ID card. Americans are given these rights, by the Constitution. If you want to go thru life, without any form of ID, you are free to do that. So, are you saying, that a police officer should have the authority to detain you for exercising your rights?
You are extremely clueless. As I told other posters, if you really believe that, put your money where your mouth is and tell a cop next time that they want to know who you are, "it is none of your business". I garuntee you will be detained if not arrested on some other charge. It is NOT you RIGHT to not identify yourself when asked. You may not be required to have a physical ID on you at all times, but you ARE expected to identify yourself when asked by law enforcement or you will be detained or arrested for some other offense. Go ahead, try it.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,852,855 times
Quote:
Or they don't live in Az and have witnessed the Sheriffs Dept. doing their roundups.
I would much rather have the police here taking care of the calls they get then out checking for citizenship papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or