Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 AM

470 posts, read 461,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Basically anyone who gets caught urinating in public, throwing trash out their window and bumping music too loud is now subject to "prove you're an American" treatment from AZ law enforcement, a blatant violation of unreasonable search and seizure, per the 4th Amendment.
keep trying Twista, you are really making yourself look as young and naive as you really are.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Totally different from the argument.
I was making a caracature of the protesters, not an argument.
Quote:
Better to ask, are the non guilty suppose to endure hardship for the sake of finding a guilty in the mix? Those that say "why not, if you are not guilty you have nothing to worry about" seem to support this.
If your definition of hardship is akin to "being locked up," then my answer is no. If hardship means losing ten minutes out of your day and providing information/documentation, then my answer is yes.

I was stopped once because I fit the description of a bank robber, who just robbed a bank two blocks from where I was at the time. Ten minutes. Information and ID provided. Were my rights violated?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
i have never seen so much pre-emptive rage and shrillness. good grief.

you'd think someone was going to drag these shriekers out of bed early on a sunday and make 'em read a bible or something, they're that hysterical.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
i have no clue why some people are so upset about providing identification. we have always had to provide it in this country. what a bunch of namby-pamby excuses to justify illegal immigration.

when i used to drive my porsche at high speeds on the interstate, i had to provide ID regularly.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-28-2010 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Or they don't live in Az and have witnessed the Sheriffs Dept. doing their roundups.
I would much rather have the police here taking care of the calls they get then out checking for citizenship papers.
I have confidence that police will indeed be responding to calls rather than checking papers. From what I've read, they've already stated such.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
Umm I have news for people...if you are stopped by police for a reasonable.susp......"YOU HAVE TO I.D. YOURSELF" anyhow...so WTH is the problem

This B.S double speak by the pro-illegal mob is so stupid....You would be better off trying a different route instead of this Un-Const. crap.

Last edited by kerrymac; 04-28-2010 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
Of course he does he is right up there with McCain when it comes to giving illegals amnesty.Wish the people of South Carolina would vote him out!
As did the "conservative" poster child Ronald Reagan.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

This B.S double speak by the pro-illegal mob is so stupid....You would be better off trying a different route instead of this Un-Const. crap.

Will you all get it through your heads that us who are questioning the law are not pro illegals? I am all for going to Home Depot where illegals stand waiting for work everyday and checking them, I am all for going after business who hire them.

What I am not for is seeing a Colombian or Peruvian guy who is 2nd generation American and sayiing "looks like Mexican to me, odds are he is illegal, better check him".

It is the same as saying

any white guy who has a rebel flag and pickup truck must be a KKK supporter

anybody who is a tea party protester is racist at heart

anybody black who drive a shiny old Cadillac with huge wheels and hiphop clothes must be a drug dealer

anybody who is in a militia must be looking to over throw the government

Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
As did the "conservative" poster child Ronald Reagan.
we actually did have a period in this country when we were expanding and needed additional labor.

that period has long since been over but our representatives never seem to be able to address changing realities.....

i agree that lindsay graham needs to go. he is always trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth anymore and it isn't working.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Umm I have news for people...if you are stopped by police for a reasonable.susp......"YOU HAVE TO I.D. YOURSELF" anyhow...so WTH is the problem
Depends on the definition of "reasonable suspicion", a highly subjective matter that you seem to like and I'm sure for as long as it doesn't affect you. If it did, someday, you would be running around like a mad cow on these boards, complaining about it.

Do you support national ID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration