Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
There are two reasons up until now that I would likely never relocate to Arizona: The first is Arizona's addiction to the same auto-dependent suburban-sprawl model that is destroying the natural beauty and historical heritage of many places. The second is the generally pretty dismal crime statistics for many Arizona locales--especially its metro areas. A major component of those crime statistics is the crime committed by illegal aliens. So, Arizona's passage of its "immigration bill"--if it succeeds in stemming the tide of illegal immigration to the state--is a positive move in my opinion toward solving one of two reasons that I am not inclined to visit or live in Arizona. I suspect that I'm not alone in that opinion. For every out-of-state whiner or group of whiners that says they will boycott Arizona because of this law, there are probably a hundred people who would be more likely to visit or relocate there if the law has some success in reducing Arizona's very less-than-stellar reputation nationally when it comes to crime. Oh, and I happen to know a number of former Arizonans who relocated OUT of the state because of the crime and illegal immigrant issues--including some who are multi-generational Arizona natives.
I suggest you visit in August...and plan plenty of outdoor activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I suggest you visit in August...and plan plenty of outdoor activities.
Actually, if I did visit Arizona, it would probably be in the month of August, so I could watch the Southwest Monsoon thunderstorms in all their glory.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Actually, if I did visit Arizona, it would probably be in the month of August, so I could watch the Southwest Monsoon thunderstorms in all their glory.
I think this person was encouraging you to get heat stroke. Nice, huh?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
There are two reasons up until now that I would likely never relocate to Arizona: The first is Arizona's addiction to the same auto-dependent suburban-sprawl model that is destroying the natural beauty and historical heritage of many places. The second is the generally pretty dismal crime statistics for many Arizona locales--especially its metro areas. A major component of those crime statistics is the crime committed by illegal aliens. So, Arizona's passage of its "immigration bill"--if it succeeds in stemming the tide of illegal immigration to the state--is a positive move in my opinion toward solving one of two reasons that I am not inclined to visit or live in Arizona. I suspect that I'm not alone in that opinion. For every out-of-state whiner or group of whiners that says they will boycott Arizona because of this law, there are probably a hundred people who would be more likely to visit or relocate there if the law has some success in reducing Arizona's very less-than-stellar reputation nationally when it comes to crime. Oh, and I happen to know a number of former Arizonans who relocated OUT of the state because of the crime and illegal immigrant issues--including some who are multi-generational Arizona natives.
Come on down!

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Really?

Which white?

Italian? Spanish? German? French? English? Irish? Swiss? Scandinavian? Icelandic? Canadian? Russian? Eastern European? Australian? New Zealanders? Basque?

Since you like to lump all White people together, in order to fight this takeover, I need to know exactly which white folks are planning to usurp Arizona from all the people of color--because of course, white is not a color...it's a non-color....colorless...transparent.....

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culo View Post
The goal is to make Arizona WHITE WHITE WHITE.
Including White people born/raised in Mexico who speak only Spanish?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 PM

313 posts, read 344,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Including White people born/raised in Mexico who speak only Spanish?
Yeah, because they look like illegals.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Illegal aliens cost the state more money than any boycott. Most illegals are working for slave wages and can't make ends meet. We are paying for their lack of car insurance and health insurance. We pay for their children's health and welfare. In addition to that we deal with their gangs, drugs and ID theft. As a tax payer, I don't want to financially support people who don't belong in my country.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I am glad AZ has adopted that approach.

I hope more states will follow.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:00 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Guess he just looks at the pictures on an issue. Can you pass the blue crayon please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration