U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM

313 posts, read 295,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Rico: you had better hope to God that mainstream America does not come out swinging in the streets; if we ever are goaded to that point, suffice to say, I would NOT want to be an illegal alien here in the USA.

Just remember: slow to anger; but, once enraged--------LOOK OUT!
Don't be delusional, you aren't mainstream America.
Mainstream America is laughing at you right now.

Slow to anger, but once enraged is really applying to the Latino community right now.

Most Latinos don't even care too much about immigration politics. They just go about their lives. But SB 1070 pissed off a lot of people, and Latinos are paying more attention than ever.

The yokels in Arizona mightve just given the immigration reform movement the boost it needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 03:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I'll say this as a person who is very close to his Mexican ancestry.

If violence ensues, I will be picking the side of the US (of which I have already served for) and will personally fire upon illegals from any country.

I don't completely agree with this law, but this would be war by foreign nationals imo and every American, Hispanic-American included, should defend their country.
Thank you for your service to our country. And, thank you for refusing to allow ethnicity to trump your allegiance to this country.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I'll say this as a person who is very close to his Mexican ancestry.

If violence ensues, I will be picking the side of the US (of which I have already served for) and will personally fire upon illegals from any country.

I don't completely agree with this law, but this would be war by foreign nationals imo and every American, Hispanic-American included, should defend their country.
Arizona isn't really in line with America and it's ideals right now. I'll defend my country and it's values by not supporting Arizona's government in any way.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:04 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Don't be delusional, you aren't mainstream America.
Mainstream America is laughing at you right now.

Slow to anger, but once enraged is really applying to the Latino community right now.

Most Latinos don't even care too much about immigration politics. They just go about their lives. But SB 1070 pissed off a lot of people, and Latinos are paying more attention than ever.

The yokels in Arizona mightve just given the immigration reform movement the boost it needed.
I would prefer if you would refrain from calling us in Arizona yokels, just as I'm sure you would prefer not to be called uninformed, ignorant, or hopelessly delusional yourself.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Arizona isn't really in line with America and it's ideals right now. I'll defend my country and it's values by not supporting Arizona's government in any way.
I think you've been watching Rich Sanchez a little too much, and he is DEFINITELY not the voice of the majority in America right now.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I would prefer if you would refrain from calling us in Arizona yokels, just as I'm sure you would prefer not to be called uninformed, ignorant, or hopelessly delusional yourself.
I'm not guilty, so it doesn't bother me. Of the many great people I know in AZ, the state government is completely bending over backwards to pander to their most vocal yokels.

Open carry with no background checks, mandated racial profiling, giving credence to the birther movement.....Arizona is the modern day Alabama of the 50s/60s.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
What cholos? Like the kind that have served in federal penitentiaries and don't have anything to lose? And who are the other guys? Fat, old, white guys who like to throw immature tempter tantrums because they're so confused?

You guys need to stop with that tough guy attitude. It's pathetic, and funny. "Methinks" giving you guys open carry was a horrible idea. Geriatric fools with guns can easily get that gun shoved up their a**.

For old white people to show up at rallies holding guns(Immigration marches, Obama speeches), it's all good, but how's it going to be received when the brown people start attending rallies with guns?

You think we don't own guns too? You don't think there aren't a lot of pro-reform people in Arizona who enjoy the lax gun law too?
The difference? We aren't little weaklings hiding behind the police and trying to intimidate with guns.

We show up with our numbers, and march peacefully.
Race card there, arpayaso? Besides: many American 'brown' people (Latino or not) will turn against your illegal alien 'pets'.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not guilty, so it doesn't bother me. Of the many great people I know in AZ, the state government is completely bending over backwards to pander to their most vocal yokels.

Open carry with no background checks, mandated racial profiling, giving credence to the birther movement.....Arizona is the modern day Alabama of the 50s/60s.
Well, I guess you've proven my point now. I sincerely doubt the many American citizens who have come here from Mexico and worked hard to become legal citizens are going to sacrifice the progress they've made just to satisfy some illegal immigrants' beefs about having to show documentation.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
A riot is the language of the unheard!

Martin Luther King Jr.
Violence or threats of violence are never acceptable to get one's point across. Heaven knows that the pro-illegal side went after the tea partiers for "supposed" violence on their part. The shoe is on the foot now for all the hypocrites to see.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM

181 posts, read 274,870 times
Hmmm. Threatening US citizens on US soil. Isn't that a terroristic act?

terrorism
Definition
[SIZE=5]ter·ror·ism[/SIZE][ térrə rìzzəm ]To hear the pronunciation, install Silverlight

NOUN

political violence: violence or the threat of violence, especially bombing, kidnapping, and assassination, carried out for political purposes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration