U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

130 posts, read 252,359 times

Advertisements

Jan Brewer for Arizona Governor | Homepage
Please sign up to support her be proactive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I'm not guilty, so it doesn't bother me. Of the many great people I know in AZ, the state government is completely bending over backwards to pander to their most vocal yokels.

Open carry with no background checks, mandated racial profiling, giving credence to the birther movement.....Arizona is the modern day Alabama of the 50s/60s.
And exactly the opposite, CA has bent over for the illegal, peasant invaders and their offspring. Our social service network has been turned upside down and our schools are nearly worthless in border Cities do the HUGE rate of ESL students all getting free meals.

All for future votes.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,337,687 times
Exclamation And people side with these idiots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
"We will not stop! We will take up our shovels and *****xes and we...we will use them against you! Believe that!" screams an opponent of Arizona's tough new bill addressing illegal immigration.

Several organizers supporting the opponents of the bill can be seen trying to stop illegal alien supporters from accosting American citizens who support SB 1070.

Despite intense efforts by illegal alien organizers and police to keep the angry crowd back, a large Hispanic male in a red sport jersey that reads "Warner 13" tries to push past handlers and another voice screams (garbled) "you can't argue with a pu**to!"

YouTube - Illegal Alien Supporters in Arizona Say They Will Murder Americans With Axes
So you're in my country illegally and threatening violence?
Could this be construed as an "enemy combatant" or "invasion force"?
Could I drop you where you stand?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Instead of diverting from the fact that theirs no anti-illegal immigration supporters protesting in Arizona with your questionably race card induced off topic rhetoric, why don't you just accept the fact that anti-illegal immigration supporters are nowhere to be found on the streets of Arizona supporting their newly acquired racial profiling law.

You're right California is a hot spot for cowardly behavior, look at how many white supremacy groups are located in California alone. The most for any State in the Union.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center
You're entitled to your opinion,as to the topic on hand ,where are the Anti-Illegal supporters?They're in office and they helped pass this LAW and Americans and Arizonans support is shown in their votes that's why the desperation of the Illegals and their supportes have reached a fever pitch.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Arizona isn't really in line with America and it's ideals right now. I'll defend my country and it's values by not supporting Arizona's government in any way.

I don't think the AZ government is going to get violent against illegals and illegals should not get violent with AZ citizens or any US citizens. I don't have to support AZ laws, but I do need to pick a side when it comes to war and I will be picking the US.

I am not getting Gung-Ho here, this is just my reality. Illegals will be KOS for me. I'll play secret Mexican agent and get behind enemy lines before I allow illegals to hurt a single American in an armed rebellion.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
That's funny, I don't see no anti-illegal immigration supporters facing those pro-immigration supporters in the eye @ those protest.

You're all hiding behind computers instead.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Yea?
We don't need to. We just let the pro-ILLEGAL immigration crazies make fools of themself. They do a good job of it to. That speaks louder than any words or actions on our part.

Last edited by chicagonut; 04-28-2010 at 02:33 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't think AZ government is going to get violent against illegals and illegals should not get violent with AZ citizens or any US citizens. I don't have to support AZ laws, but I do need to pick a side when it comes to war and I will be picking the US.

I am not getting Gung-Ho here, this is just my reality. Illegals will be KOS for me. I'll play secret Mexican agent and get behind enemy lines before I allow illegals to hurt a single American in an armed rebellion.
Needless to say: I hope that cooler heads (on both sides) prevail but; quite a few people will have your back and I will leave it at that.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
I don't think the AZ government is going to get violent against illegals and illegals should not get violent with AZ citizens or any US citizens. I don't have to support AZ laws, but I do need to pick a side when it comes to war and I will be picking the US.

Contrary to popular belief, there are many Hispanic citizens who share your love for this country, and your sentiments.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
I believe those people are venting their frustration over the fact that Arizona made a racial profiling law that singles out Hispanic & Latino Americans.

After all, protesting is the American thing to do!!!

Did we forget we live in a Democracy?
Why do you continue to push the same old lies about the law when you were set straight yesterday as to what was in the law and the fact that racial profiling is forbidden in it?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

313 posts, read 295,235 times
Quote:

Man, I'm so disappointed to hear you give credence to their "war scenario" where Latinos "have to choose sides".

You're always one of the more logical people on here.

To hear you talk about "illegals" the same way they do, as if it's some kind of united group acting on a concerted plan to invade is very, very disappointing.

There is no "war" between citizens and illegals. Rabid anti-illegals and the largely citizens who march for immigration reform will probably scuffle before there is ever this hypothetical, ridiculous war they like to talk about so much.

If anything, I imagine with these open carry laws, and how the rabid anti-illegals carry guns to the demonstrations, there will likely be a much different type of incident.

But I don't ever humor the silly fantasy that this issue is simply "illegals vs. Americans".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration