Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Man, I'm so disappointed to hear you give credence to their "war scenario" where Latinos "have to choose sides".

You're always one of the more logical people on here.

To hear you talk about "illegals" the same way they do, as if it's some kind of united group acting on a concerted plan to invade is very, very disappointing.
I am using logic, as the title says "Illegals threaten" well that would be a personal tipping point for me. I don't think they are invaders, I know they want jobs and a future for their kids that they cannot obtain. My heart is with them.

However, violence requires tough decisions and my decision would be to defend the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:33 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
What cholos? Like the kind that have served in federal penitentiaries and don't have anything to lose? And who are the other guys? Fat, old, white guys who like to throw immature tempter tantrums because they're so confused?

You guys need to stop with that tough guy attitude. It's pathetic, and funny. "Methinks" giving you guys open carry was a horrible idea. Geriatric fools with guns can easily get that gun shoved up their a**.

For old white people to show up at rallies holding guns(Immigration marches, Obama speeches), it's all good, but how's it going to be received when the brown people start attending rallies with guns?

You think we don't own guns too? You don't think there aren't a lot of pro-reform people in Arizona who enjoy the lax gun law too?
The difference? We aren't little weaklings hiding behind the police and trying to intimidate with guns.

We show up with our numbers, and march peacefully.
So us white people are all old, fat & weaklings? But you have the nerve to say that we're all full of racism and predjudice? Wow. If foreign nationals attacked on US soil, I would defend my country and my fellow citizens, including Hispanic, Asian, black, white and any other AMERICAN. I would not limit myself to the side of "white" as you do to the side of "brown".

Old 04-28-2010, 02:35 PM

You added to your post, so let me reply.

Quote:

There is no "war" between citizens and illegals. Rabid anti-illegals and the largely citizens who march for immigration reform will probably scuffle before there is ever this hypothetical, ridiculous war they like to talk about so much.

If anything, I imagine with these open carry laws, and how the rabid anti-illegals carry guns to the demonstrations, there will likely be a much different type of incident.

But I don't ever humor the silly fantasy that this issue is simply "illegals vs. Americans".

I agree there is no war between illegals and citizens. It is a major problem that needs delicate handling. I don't condone AZ citizens going around confronting illegals either.

Let's just keep it cool and not start any violence.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM

313 posts, read 344,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I am using logic, as the title says "Illegals threaten" well that would be a personal tipping point for me. I don't think they are invaders, I know they want jobs and a future of their kids that they cannot obtain. My heart is with them.

However, violence requires tough decisions and my decision would be to defend the US.
I saw a crazy lady screaming in a video.
It's kind of like when someone threw a water bottle, and next thing you know, people are going up and down these forums talking about "recent riots".

I'll defend America too, and if Mexico was invading the US(which the anti-illegals always claim is happening), I would fight the Mexican government.

My family in Mexico have always fought against the Mexican government in the revolution, the Cristero War, etc. I have no problem with that.

But the anti-illegals are always acting like there's this inevitable war is going to go down between "real Americans" and illegals, when it isn't really like that.

Many, many Americans are pro immigration reform.

I just hate this stupid, supposedly oncoming war, and how these people have the nerve, the entitlement, to question us Latinos on our allegiance. "What side would YOU be on?"

I tell them to F off. They think they are higher, and are entitled to question fellow Americans that they see as Latino. I don't humor that.

no offense to you, I just hate to see them derive any pleasure from one of the more consistent people on the forums.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM

8,607 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
It's kind of like when someone threw a water bottle, and next thing you know, people are going up and down these forums talking about "recent riots".

I'll defend America too, and if Mexico was invading the US(which the anti-illegals always claim is happening), I would fight the Mexican government.

My family in Mexico have always fought against the Mexican government in the revolution, the Cristero War, etc. I have no problem with that.

But the anti-illegals are always acting like there's this inevitable war is going to go down between "real Americans" and illegals, when it isn't really like that.

I just hate this stupid, supposedly oncoming war, and how these people have the nerve, the entitlement, to question us Latinos on our allegiance. "What side would YOU be on?"

I tell them to F off. They think they are higher, and are entitled to question fellow Americans that they see as Latino. I don't humor that.

no offense to you, I just hate to see them derive any pleasure from one of the more consistent people on the forums.
You're right it's not like that. It's actually many illegals who are doing the demanding.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Yeah those questions get on my nerves too, I get asked it at WORK of all places, all the time: "So how do YOU feel about illegal immigration?".

It's not a war, it is a problem. I just tell them to relax and please don't go around asking that question to every Latino you see.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
"We will not stop! We will take up our shovels and *****xes and we...we will use them against you! Believe that!" screams an opponent of Arizona's tough new bill addressing illegal immigration.

Several organizers supporting the opponents of the bill can be seen trying to stop illegal alien supporters from accosting American citizens who support SB 1070.

Despite intense efforts by illegal alien organizers and police to keep the angry crowd back, a large Hispanic male in a red sport jersey that reads "Warner 13" tries to push past handlers and another voice screams (garbled) "you can't argue with a pu**to!"

YouTube - Illegal Alien Supporters in Arizona Say They Will Murder Americans With Axes
Yep, just peaceful, honest people looking to make a living

Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You're right it's not like that. It's actually many illegals who are doing the demanding.
Truthfully I don't believe illegals want any part of a war, they just want money and hope for their kids. This is one giant clusterfk.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM

739 posts, read 2,261,602 times
well I am a native born american citizen but I plan to try to get a job in Norway and just move their and apply for citizenship. If I became a citizen of Norway I would probably just renounce my US citizenship.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep, just peaceful, honest people looking to make a living
Oh come on, most of them are. This is getting way too out of control.
Of course only the hotheads will make it on Youtube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration