U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:27 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Regardless, the state cannot usurp/replace the federal government's role in immigration. If the federal government is not doing it right, one must petition the federal government.

Sunny: Debbie Riddle herself is considered to be a joke in Texas politics. I am not just saying that just because she proposed this. Look up Texas Monthly issues - she is ranked as being among the worst of the politicians in Texas.

The Federal government already specifically targets which illegals (particularly felons) it wants out of the country, and it leaves others alone.

"We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves"

But we also should not bankrupt ourselves (financially) trying to be all idealistic. Think realistically.
"be realistic" means run the red light???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 PM

111 posts, read 112,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No link handy but; apparently Hispanics as a group tend to have larger families here in the USA vs. Mexico. Although, what in the hell as a 'Hispanic'? I am referring to folks like our Mach50 who self identifies as such (mother from Mexico), Benicar's son (father is Argentine) who is a Black man, and Anglos with one parent who also is a Hispanic......I have known a few. Tough call here.

I don't believe there are statistics to prove that they have more children upon coming to the U.S, unless your sources say otherwise? Hispanic birthrates are driving the population numbers, especially since all other groups are having fewer kids.

Quote:
The average U.S. woman produces 1.9 children, but broken down by ethnicity, the numbers are 1.7 for Asian Americans, 1.8 for non-Hispanic whites, 2.0 for blacks and 2.3 for Hispanics.
Source (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/081908dnnatbirthrate.39dcfdf.html - broken link)

2.3 births is in no way significant, as people who like to exaggerate numbers claim.

If anything, Mexico is having a population DECLINE, due to the number of people leaving the country, and its low replacement rate. Having been going to Mexico in this past decade,

Old 05-04-2010, 07:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
I don't believe there are statistics to prove that they have more children upon coming to the U.S, unless your sources say otherwise? Hispanic birthrates are driving the population numbers, especially since all other groups are having fewer kids.

Source (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/081908dnnatbirthrate.39dcfdf.html - broken link)

2.3 births is in no way significant, as people who like to exaggerate numbers claim.

If anything, Mexico is having a population DECLINE, due to the number of people leaving the country, and its low replacement rate. Having been going to Mexico in this past decade,
Why should we care what the birthrates are in Mexico? The facts are that our population growth is directly due to legal/illegal immigration and mostly from illegals of the Hispanic persuasion including their births on our soil.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why should we care what the birthrates are in Mexico? The facts are that our population growth is directly due to legal/illegal immigration and mostly from illegals of the Hispanic persuasion including their births on our soil.
Why should we care? Because people are purporting that illegals are having a bunch of kids, a figure that is not statistically true. Now considering most illegals are from Mexico, we can use Mexico's birthrate to somewhat estimate their birthrate in the U.S, as this would be most accurate.

Simply put, Hispanics overall, whether illegal or not, are contributing to a well adjusted population growth. If this wasn't happening, we'd have negative population growth, which causes problems.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Why should we care? Because people are purporting that illegals are having a bunch of kids, a figure that is not statistically true. Now considering most illegals are from Mexico, we can use Mexico's birthrate to somewhat estimate their birthrate in the U.S, as this would be most accurate.

Simply put, Hispanics overall, whether illegal or not, are contributing to a well adjusted population growth. If this wasn't happening, we'd have negative population growth, which causes problems.
As was already pointed out to you already they are giving birth in our country at a higher rate than they do in Mexico. So no, you can't gauge it by what they do in Mexico.

Well adjusted population growth? I beg to differ. We don't need any added population growth. We are already at over 300 million people and resources are getting scarce. Americans are procreating at replacement levels but our birthrates are still nearly double our deathrates. A smaller population makes for a healthier country overall.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So when someone wants people to follow our laws they are a redneck?

What are they when you harbor and assist criminal terrorist illegals who are ruining our country with their large numbers of murders, rapes, robberies, bringing diseases to our children etc?

What are those people called then?

We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves.
Oh well, and you know what i call her, Someone with guts, she has the ----- to stand up for what she thinks is right for the state of Texas. You know what i call those in our Federal Government who ignore this pesky negative expesnive issue, can't repeat it. Guess they have their reasoning for not wanting to do anything about it. Maybe suits their own agenda's!!!!!! We have a huge problem, and those in my State of Calif, all need to go, unless they realize we have the same problem that Arizona and Tesas do, but excuse me, those running my State, are all bunch of morons.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As was already pointed out to you already they are giving birth in our country at a higher rate than they do in Mexico. So no, you can't gauge it by what they do in Mexico.

Well adjusted population growth? I beg to differ. We don't need any added population growth. We are already at over 300 million people and resources are getting scarce. Americans are procreating at replacement levels but our birthrates are still nearly double our deathrates. A smaller population makes for a healthier country overall.

Again as I asked before, how do you know? Where are the statistics to back up your statement?? The only reason Americans are reproducing at replacement rates are because of Hispanics. Whites and Asians are having less than 2 kids on average.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 PM

289 posts, read 261,089 times
Forgive my relative ignorance of Texas state politics and someone help me with why, if she believes in the bill so strongly, she intends to wait until January to introduce it? Is she just waiting until after the Nov elections? Is the legislature out of session until then? Just curious if anyone knows or if she has made any remarks regarding the timeline.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM

16 posts, read 7,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
And others to follow...

Texas to seek same anti-immigration law as Arizona

Now to just get papers to report correctly anti-illegal immigration law...not anti-immigrant.

Ha, ha, ha, pigs will fly before another racist law is enacted...

Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Again as I asked before, how do you know? Where are the statistics to back up your statement?? The only reason Americans are reproducing at replacement rates are because of Hispanics. Whites and Asians are having less than 2 kids on average.
We do not need illegal aliens, Hispanic or otherwise, to increase our birth rates. I would venture to say the majority of Hispanic births in this country are by illegal aliens. None of the Hispanic citizens I know have more than 3 kids. When you see a pregnant Hispanic woman with 4 or 5 stair-steps in tow, she is most likely here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or