U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,421,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can Benicar post that MC Hammer vid? I'm feeling like busting a move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM

111 posts, read 112,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We do not need illegal aliens, Hispanic or otherwise, to increase our birth rates. I would venture to say the majority of Hispanic births in this country are by illegal aliens. None of the Hispanic citizens I know have more than 3 kids. When you see a pregnant Hispanic woman with 4 or 5 stair-steps in tow, she is most likely here illegally.

The source I provided was talking about American Hispanics. You probably didn't even read the source. It's referring to legal Hispanics. Your anecdotal evidence is moot here.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM

16 posts, read 7,843 times
Quote:
We do not need illegal aliens, Hispanic or otherwise, to increase our birth rates. I would venture to say the majority of Hispanic births in this country are by illegal aliens. None of the Hispanic citizens I know have more than 3 kids. When you see a pregnant Hispanic woman with 4 or 5 stair-steps in tow, she is most likely here illegally.

Our economy needs at least a replacent level in order to survive, with the high incidence of homosexuality in the usa, we need the migrants to compensate,,,

Old 05-04-2010, 08:03 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,421,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
Forgive my relative ignorance of Texas state politics and someone help me with why, if she believes in the bill so strongly, she intends to wait until January to introduce it? Is she just waiting until after the Nov elections? Is the legislature out of session until then? Just curious if anyone knows or if she has made any remarks regarding the timeline.
This. The TX legislature meets every other year. The 82nd Legislative Session begins on January 11, 2011.

LRL | Legislative Information | Session Years

Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
The source I provided was talking about American Hispanics. You probably didn't even read the source. It's referring to legal Hispanics. Your anecdotal evidence is moot here.
No, I didnít read the source. Itís late, and Iím not in the mood for statistics. Both Hispanic citizens and illegal aliens give birth in this country, and their offspring are classified as citizens. Therefore, did your source differentiate between Hispanic citizens and illegals? Or, did it simply state Hispanic births in the US?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guanicapr View Post
Our economy needs at least a replacent level in order to survive, with the high incidence of homosexuality in the usa, we need the migrants to compensate,,,
What we don't need is uncontrolled population growth due to illegal immigration. Big difference!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM

111 posts, read 112,434 times
Quote:
No, I didnít read the source. Itís late, and Iím not in the mood for statistics. Both Hispanic citizens and illegal aliens give birth in this country, and their offspring are classified as citizens. Therefore, did your source differentiate between Hispanic citizens and illegals? Or, did it simply state Hispanic births in the US?

Why would you comment on something you are not informed about? The source broke it down by race/ethnicity, not citizenship.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,666,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
And others to follow...

Texas to seek same anti-immigration law as Arizona

Now to just get papers to report correctly anti-illegal immigration law...not anti-immigrant.
I lived in TX and our state won't go for it.

Gov. Perry (R), whom, believe it or not I like, is nowhere in favor of this law.
If Bill White (D), former mayor of Houston, wins...forget it about it.

Unlike AZ....the people of TX are more tolerant. Everyone here seems to get along just fine.

She won't have 70% of TX behind this law for sure.

Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso...all Democratic cities.

It just won' t work.

And our economy is doing great, and we never suffered from the Great Recession as other places. So the economic motive isn't there.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Why would you comment on something you are not informed about? The source broke it down by race/ethnicity, not citizenship.
Perhaps because I have read enough data to be informed. Just as I suspected, your source did not indicate the citizenship status of the parents. Thus, we do not know the percentage of Hispanic births to citizens as opposed to illegal aliens.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Again as I asked before, how do you know? Where are the statistics to back up your statement?? The only reason Americans are reproducing at replacement rates are because of Hispanics. Whites and Asians are having less than 2 kids on average.
Needless to say: if the USA needs fresh blood; legal immigrants from English speaking nations (Ireland, UK, Australia, Belize, South Africa, India, etc.) need to go to the top of the list followed by folks from other First World nations i.e. France, Germany, Spain, etc. As for the rest of the world like Mexico, let them fight over the rest of the immigration visas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or