U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 AM

3,468 posts, read 6,839,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
And others to follow...

Texas to seek same anti-immigration law as Arizona

Now to just get papers to report correctly anti-illegal immigration law...not anti-immigrant.
Slick Rick is a snake oil salesman with no balls PERIOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,895 times
TribBlog: Riddle Responds | The Texas Tribune

I like her attitude and would gain my support if I were able to vote in Texas.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM

2,707 posts, read 4,664,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
TribBlog: Riddle Responds | The Texas Tribune

I like her attitude and would gain my support if I were able to vote in Texas.
She is now on my radar. Thank you.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
What ever happend to bring me your tired, poor and all that good stuff. What you want doesn't sound very American to me.
You think people born in Developed (we don't used 1st world, 3rd world anymore) are better than people in developing countries, who don't speak english?
Hmmmm.

And people in Arizona say it has nothing to do with race and nationality. Yea right!
You can adopt someone from another Nation just as poor and tired as you would like. Me? Not so much.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,895 times
This country DOES bring from all over the world, look at Haiti right now. This latest influx from SOB came here uninvited and blatantly rape all of our systems, then demand we reward them for it. There is a reason why migration to this country is limited, to replenish so we can provide for all needing it in this country. I have no respect for those who have come here illegally then scream they have American "rights" and even less respect for those who promote it. Insanity.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:06 PM

111 posts, read 112,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Needless to say: if the USA needs fresh blood; legal immigrants from English speaking nations (Ireland, UK, Australia, Belize, South Africa, India, etc.) need to go to the top of the list followed by folks from other First World nations i.e. France, Germany, Spain, etc. As for the rest of the world like Mexico, let them fight over the rest of the immigration visas.

I don't think people from first world nations are looking to pick fruit in the central valley of California for less than minimum wage.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
I don't think people from first world nations are looking to pick fruit in the central valley of California for less than minimum wage.
Perhaps not but for those jobs we have unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrants. Only 2% of the workforce are ag workers. Are you trying to claim that illegal aliens aren't doing construction jobs, lanscaping jobs, restaurants jobs, etc. Yes, these are all jobs that Americans will do and always have done until the arrival of cheap illegal labor.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 PM

7 posts, read 2,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps not but for those jobs we have unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrants. Only 2% of the workforce are ag workers. Are you trying to claim that illegal aliens aren't doing construction jobs, lanscaping jobs, restaurants jobs, etc. Yes, these are all jobs that Americans will do and always have done until the arrival of cheap illegal labor.
Hey nut you know that they have said then same thing thru the years.

The Irish were taking all the jobs

The Italians were taking all the jobs

The Mexicans are taking all the jobs

same story different people.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culero View Post
Hey nut you know that they have said then same thing thru the years.

The Irish were taking all the jobs

The Italians were taking all the jobs

The Mexicans are taking all the jobs

same story different people.
No, in this case we are talking about illegal aliens take jobs not LEGAL Italians, Irish or Mexicans. Learn to know the diffence!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 PM

525 posts, read 921,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Wrong!!!
WRONG! My best friend lives in AZ (Tucson), he is as white as white gets (blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin). He has been pulled over by border patrol and asked for identification. He was driving through the desert and they pulled him over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or