Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:20 PM

111 posts, read 132,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps not but for those jobs we have unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrants. Only 2% of the workforce are ag workers. Are you trying to claim that illegal aliens aren't doing construction jobs, lanscaping jobs, restaurants jobs, etc. Yes, these are all jobs that Americans will do and always have done until the arrival of cheap illegal labor.
You're right, those jobs can easily be filled by people on work visas. Instead of coming illegally, these people can actually go back to their families when the season is done, as well with cash in hand. Everyone wins.

2% of the work force are in agriculture? Source on that? I'm not trying to claim anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
WRONG! My best friend lives in AZ (Tucson), he is as white as white gets (blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin). He has been pulled over by border patrol and asked for identification. He was driving through the desert and they pulled him over.

same thing happened to me. White skinned, grey hair, blue eyes. I was stopped between Eagle Pass and Laredo on the highway, by border patrol, asked for ID, looked inside my vehicle, ran my license, and I was on my way. Didn't bother me at all since I am a legal citizen, born here, and was not and had not broken any laws.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM

111 posts, read 132,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
same thing happened to me. White skinned, grey hair, blue eyes. I was stopped between Eagle Pass and Laredo on the highway, by border patrol, asked for ID, looked inside my vehicle, ran my license, and I was on my way. Didn't bother me at all since I am a legal citizen, born here, and was not and had not broken any laws.
Same thing happens in Mexico believe it or not. They have checkpoints though, so its mandatory.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
A little off topic but I know of someone who wanted to go into Canada to do a little gambling and was denied entry after they ran his background. He had a DWI from a couple of years past. My point is that there are ways to stop people from entering if we wanted to. Securing the border is primary to me yet our government refuses. I believe that they are not securing the border so more and more can come before they propose the "big amnesty" also letting their families come, securing more and more votes.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 2,705 times
I'm 67 years old. We have not been on a real vacation in years.
We had decided to try to make a little vacation and a good family reunion this year, "yup, in Austin."
Everyone, "about 600 or so" thought so too.
Since the announcement that some places are going to boycott Arizona I've had about 120 suggestions in
email to consider and look into moving it to Arizona. More inconvenient and expensive but more American than supporting the
Austin liberals who are right in line with Obama and crew in bringing this country down like the USSR.
So now Austin is in the news with this "graphic language removed" insane idea I have gotten almost a unanimous
load of email supporting the idea of moving the reunion to Arizona. One hundred percent of the email says no to austin,
yes to Arizona but absolutely no to Austin.
Go getum Debbie Riddle. We need more like you.
OK Done! I'm working on it Monday. It will be moved from Austin, maybe not Arizona but if I have anything to
say about it, "and I do" it will be in Arizona this year and the next. Then someone else has to take this show on the road. I quit!
As as a Native born hill country boy I'm absolutely ashamed to have to say Austin is my capitol city now.
Thanks loads you San Francisco like pukes!

Last edited by Pumpin; 05-14-2010 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Messed up a few things in my anger!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Hi, Pumpin. How are you doin'?

I understand that emotions are running high on all sides, but would you kindly cease using inappropriate hyperbole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpin View Post
than supporting the
Austin liberals who are right in line with Obama and crew in bringing this country down like the USSR.
The rule of the Obama administration can be disagreed with, but it is silly to compare it to the USSR.

Quote:
Go getum Debbie Riddle. We need more like you.
Debbie Riddle, as per the various Texas Monthly magazines, is a joke in Texas politics. She is not taken seriously (on any side) and has been humiliated and exposed for her foolishness.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post

I understand that emotions are running high on all sides, but would you kindly cease using inappropriate hyperbole?

The rule of the Obama administration can be disagreed with, but it is silly to compare it to the USSR.

Debbie Riddle, as per the various Texas Monthly magazines, is a joke in Texas politics. She is not taken seriously (on any side) and has been humiliated and exposed for her foolishness.
I see the 1st amendment still works. "for now"
I also see you do have an opinion. Go getum cowboy!
My opinion of your opinion is probably as low as your opinion of my opinion.
Did ya get that?
Or do I care?
:-)

Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post

Oh and if I said it wrong, let me set it straight.
I didn't say he was running the USA like the USSR I said he is setting us up for a fall like the USSR. I think there is a little difference there.

Bye now

Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
And others to follow...

Texas to seek same anti-immigration law as Arizona

Now to just get papers to report correctly anti-illegal immigration law...not anti-immigrant.

Illegal alien lover, Rick Perry, will never sign it.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:22 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
The fall of the USSR largely had to do with the Communist system that the USSR used. I don't see how Obama's actions would even remotely result in a USSR-style fall.

Quote:
Oh and if I said it wrong, let me set it straight.
I didn't say he was running the USA like the USSR I said he is setting us up for a fall like the USSR. I think there is a little difference there.

Bye now
To not get the thread too off track, I sent Pumpin a PM and posted on his profile page a response.

Quote:
I see the 1st amendment still works. "for now"
I also see you do have an opinion. Go getum cowboy!
My opinion of your opinion is probably as low as your opinion of my opinion.
Did ya get that?
Or do I care?
:-)
I would be shocked if the bill even makes it to Rick Perry's desk for approval or disapproval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Illegal alien lover, Rick Perry, will never sign it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration