U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 7,883,469 times
Reputation: 1546

Advertisements

It should also take into consideration costs of enforcement - In another thread I noted that a poster from a forum I frequented noted that many large cities in Texas do not arrest people with suspended driver's licenses anymore; those cities instead give them tickets and tow their cars. The city determined that, while laws do need to be enforced, it would cost them too much to try to enforce the law to the intended extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The criteria for flushing out criminals should be more about the rule of law than anything else. All of our states are being invaded by illegal aliens including Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
< fights barf reflex from anything in the daily kos >
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The criteria for flushing out criminals should be more about the rule of law than anything else. All of our states are being invaded by illegal aliens including Texas.
maybe your state, the people of Texas are fine. Just as Gov. Perry said...we arent asking for your help, so dont stick your big toe in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Reputation: 392
Texas politicians must consider the very attractive possibility of Mexico issuing a coveted boycott for unwanted uninvited illegal mexican border jumpers into texas with the passage of a similar anti illegal alien law as AZ did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 12:28 PM
 
Location: NY
2,007 posts, read 3,361,092 times
Reputation: 905
As I thought, not one of you can point out where the law is in the least racist. I provided a link to the law for you all to read for yourselves. So come on all you race baiters, let's see where this is a racist law? I defy you to point out where it's a racist law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Texas politicians must consider the very attractive possibility of Mexico issuing a coveted boycott for unwanted uninvited illegal mexican border jumpers into texas with the passage of a similar anti illegal alien law as AZ did.
well if mexico boycotts Texas, that is an uneven fight. what does Texas care if Mexico is in a Boycotting mood.

Texas is not Az or Oklahoma we wont go pick a fight but we wont back down.

We got no beef with Mexico like lil Az and Ok...Those States have crapped out economies, they need the National exposure, cus that cant handle things for themselves. They need help. Big help. Now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,779,743 times
Reputation: 7238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
agree with what? the Az law? right...tons.
Yes......tons.

Sorry, but as an American; I don't support criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yes......tons.

Sorry, but as an American; I don't support criminals.
so none of you tax money go to support the Jails, prisons, and halfway houses in your State?
The Supreme Court rulled you will pay for all children in public schools regardless of immigration status.
The Federal Government has ruled that unathourized aliens are allowed to recieve Emergency Medical care.
Plus any other benifits given by the resident State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,779,743 times
Reputation: 7238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
so none of you tax money go to support the Jails, prisons, and halfway houses in your State?

The Supreme Court rulled you will pay for all children in public schools regardless of immigration status.
The Federal Government has ruled that unathourized aliens are allowed to recieve Emergency Medical care.
Plus any other benifits given by the resident State
Since so many people are feeling so generous and giving; why don't we just knock down our borders and allow anyone and everyone into America. I'd bet you'd love that wouldn't you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 01:24 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Since so many people are feeling so generous and giving; why don't we just knock down our borders and allow anyone and everyone into America. I'd bet you'd love that wouldn't you??
You are the one complaining that you dont support criminals. sure you do, so what.

now you want to say I love a open border. Lets stick to what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top