U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,871,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You are the one complaining that you dont support criminals. sure you do, so what.

now you want to say I love a open border. Lets stick to what you want.
Comparing criminals in jails and illegal criminals walking our streets is completely different. Those jail houses keep those who have committed crimes detained and secluded away from the rest of us. I have no problem supporting that, but I refuse to support people entering this country illegally and being allowed the same type of benefits as those who waited and were allowed to enter this country legally.

It's a sad that the State of Arizona had to go to these lengths due to the lack of responsibility from the federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 PM

111 posts, read 112,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
What about us Black males who are always racially profiled????

Racial profiling is nothing new and that excuse is weak.
Yeah, blacks getting racially profiled is also racist.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
Yeah, blacks getting racially profiled is also racist.
Yet, not one criminal law has been ignored as a measure to prevent blacks from being racially profiled. The laws are still enforced, and the courts deal with accusations of racial profiling on an individual basis.

Likewise, innocent people have been convicted and incarcerated. Yet, we do not ignore our laws simply because 'some' may be unjustly accused. Why should people who are in this country illegally be afforded more protection from the law than our own citizens?

Old 05-02-2010, 03:43 PM

1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
<<So they can pull over anyone who is not white.>>

Please show us where in the bill it says they can pull over abyone who isn't white.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,210,180 times
I thought Texas seceded, so our Bill of Rights doesn't apply there anyway. Usually States Rights mean someone will lose theirs

Old 05-02-2010, 03:46 PM

2,007 posts, read 3,369,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<So they can pull over anyone who is not white.>>

Please show us where in the bill it says they can pull over abyone who isn't white.
Noone can do that because it isn't there. They ignore the actual wording of the bill because it doesn't fit into the lies and propaganda they have bought into. I posted the link to the actual law and I still challenge anyone to read it and point out the racist parts to me. They cannot.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
<<Righto...Texas isnt broke like AZ claims. No way do we need any law like this. no way-o>>

That's good. Get back to us in a few years when Texas is like California.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM

4,309 posts, read 7,922,107 times
"... that you know." Alive, think of the politicians in power, the people in the cities, and the people along the US-Mexico border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
wrong again. the majority of Texans I know support the bill. there is not political will to pass it.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:22 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,860,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
"... that you know." Alive, think of the politicians in power, the people in the cities, and the people along the US-Mexico border.
correct, that I know, which happen to be legal mexicans and mexican american 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation. They do not understand why anyone should get a free pass, since they did not.

I live close to the border.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM

4,309 posts, read 7,922,107 times
I can't view your profile, so I would like to ask what metropolitan area you are in.

By "Close to the border" I am referring to those in the Rio Grande Valley and in the Laredo and El Paso areas.

There are legal Mexican residents and Mexican-Americans who believe that illegal immigration should be more strongly opposed by the feds - but the question is: do they support the Arizona bill? Why or why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
correct, that I know, which happen to be legal mexicans and mexican american 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation. They do not understand why anyone should get a free pass, since they did not.

I live close to the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or