Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
This isn't Moscow, we shouldn't be required to carry "ze papeahs" at all times.
No we aren't but then just be prepared to have problems because you don't. If you are injured or even killed and you have no I.D. on you how is anyone to know who you are and who in your family to notify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM

234 posts, read 241,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh I see, if we eliminate millions of criminals in our country but there will still be some remaining it isn't worth the effort to cut the numbers back? That's like saying let's not hold any criminals in prison because afterall there will still be criminals walking around. What kind of logic is that?

Removing illegal aliens in our country is not ethnic cleansing it is criminal cleansing and they come from all ethnic groups. You never stop, do you?
Wow, my prior comment flew right over your head....

My point was that regardless of cleansing crime from a particular group of people, it will do little in improving our Nation as the bulk of the criminals are not even illegal immigrants, they're Americans.

Sure less criminals in this Nation is a good thing but without illegals you still stand a chance of getting robbed, raped, and murdered by Americans.

America doesn't turn into some mythological utopian mecca just becuase you get rid or illegal immigrants so quit acting like it will.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You're only proving that your more than happy to surrender other Americans civil liberties without their consent to satisfy your Neo-Fascist pro-police state agenda to cleanse those you don't want in America.

If you don't want illegal immigrant here fine, but not at the expense of my civil liberties.
Please tell me how we are losing our civil liberties by being asked for I.D. by law enforcement, using a credit card, boarding a plane, etc. You know this constant reference about a police state is getting old and ridiculous. You claim them but you never have any valid arguments for stating them.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Quote:
No we aren't but then just be prepared to have problems because you don't. If you are injured or even killed and you have no I.D. on you how is anyone to know who you are and who in your family to notify?
I have no living family. There's no one who needs to know--or cares.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
This isn't Moscow, we shouldn't be required to carry "ze papeahs" at all times.
Perfectly said!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
If you're injured or killed I don't think local law enforcement is going give much thought to your citizenship.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Please tell me how we are losing our civil liberties by being asked for I.D. by law enforcement, using a credit card, boarding a plane, etc. You know this constant reference about a police state is getting old and ridiculous. You claim them but you never have any valid arguments for stating them.
Well, I'm sorry if the truth hurts you.

We live in America not Nazi-Germany. Any State that requires me to have to prove to them that I'm a U.S. citizen or be arrested and detained until I can present such documentation is officially a POLICE STATE.

According to you it's perfectly OK for an American citizen to be arrested, detained, car impounded, and held until somebody retrieves their birth certificate.

According to you that's all peachy and in no way violates their civil rights especially if it happens to a Hispanic becuase they obviously fit the racial profile of an illegal immigrant.

In conclusion, I really need no valid arguments. SB 1070 speaks volumes about its plan to become the first State in the Union to be an official Police State.

America no tolerara un estado de policia!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry if the truth hurts you.

We live in America not Nazi-Germany. Any State that requires me to have to prove to them that I'm a U.S. citizen or be arrested and detained until I can present such documentation is officially a POLICE STATE.

According to you it's perfectly OK for an American citizen to be arrested, detained, car impounded, and held until somebody retrieves their birth certificate.

According to you that's all peachy and in no way violates their civil rights especially if it happens to a Hispanic becuase they obviously fit the racial profile of an illegal immigrant.

In conclusion, I really need no valid arguments. SB 1070 speaks volumes about its plan to become the first State in the Union to be an official Police State.

America no tolerara un estado de policia!
Your irrational opinion of having to provide I.D. under certain warranted situation doesn't count towards us being a police state. I suggest that you just refuse to provide I.D. everytime everyone asks you for it. Good luck with that one.

There are very few instances where we have to produce a birth certificate as I.D. so you are just blowing smoke on that one. For those where we do have to it makes sense to me. This is mostly about just presenting valid I.D. such as a DL most of the time but you would spin it into having to present a birth certificate just to leave your own house.

A Hispanic does resemble most of whom are in this country illegally but so what? You are acting like every Hispanice legal or not is going to be questioned for no other reason than that fact. You won't accept the fact that that is not what is in this new law no matter how many times we tell you that. Your obstinance and denial of the facts is mind boggling.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, my prior comment flew right over your head....

My point was that regardless of cleansing crime from a particular group of people, it will do little in improving our Nation as the bulk of the criminals are not even illegal immigrants, they're Americans.

Sure less criminals in this Nation is a good thing but without illegals you still stand a chance of getting robbed, raped, and murdered by Americans.

America doesn't turn into some mythological utopian mecca just becuase you get rid or illegal immigrants so quit acting like it will.
No, my response to you flew right over your head. We need to eliminate as many criminals from our country as possible and we cannot deport the citizen kind but we can lock them up. We can however deport the illegal alien kind (and there are many contrary to your belief) and therefore cut down on the number of criminals in our country. This is just common sense and logic. It isn't rocket science.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Because I'm NOT Hispanic, and *I* get stopped. Like I said, cops don't have to have a "reason" just a "whim".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration