Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
If anything I wouldn't have thought the Sheriff of PIMA County (As in the county with the most of the Mexican border on it in this state) would object to this, seeing what illegals are doing in Tucson. Regardless he is obligated to follow the law and protect citizens because it's a policeman's duty, he can't "pick and choose", no other sheriff in this state has voiced any opposition to this.
I've lived in Tucson. I left because it was so freaking liberal, bringing with it all the garbage that it brings with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
DC, your posts are getting dumber and dumber. ALL police officers of any kind have to swear to an oath to uphold the constitution whether it be local, state or federal. This law is NOT unconstitutional so he has to honor it, it is a STATE LAW. If for some reason the feds determine it unconstitutional, that's a different story then, so far that hasn't happened and the way it is written it probably won't.
Your posts are getting more and more offensive.

The sheriff is not a police officer. He is elected. And the oaths vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, as do his responsibilities.

The sheriff answers to the people who elected him, and it is within his rights to adjudge that a state law is Unconstitutional and to refuse to enforce that law.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Arizona cops aren't going to be stopping white people demanding proof of their citizenship.

Cops are going to be using this law as an excuse to stop folks though...even if they suspect them of something else.

The law is ill conceived. There are better ways to deal with illegal immigration.

Arizona is becoming a police state..
They aren't going to be stopping anyone, demanding proof of citizenship. Read the law already.

If they suspect them of something else, they'll stop them for that.

Name ONE thing that is a better way to deal with illegal immigration. That question has been asked for DAYS, but I've not heard one answer (other than "let the feds deal with it", which is NOT working.)

Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM

470 posts, read 461,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
He needs to reconsider, the Kansas Lawyers who drew up this bill designed it so they could sue municipalities and make millions on Arizona Taxpayers. If he has to do something just challenge EVERYONE> Remember a Drivers License is Not proof of citizenship and a Social security Card has no picture

Papers Please
You never read the law. Your opinion means nothing.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Actually, yes, they can, and they do - every day. Police departments have to prioritize. There's not much sense in going around and arresting people, knowing very well that there's a high chance that the charges will be dismissed by a judge. The police also have to be concerned about public relations. If the public doesn't trust the police, it can lead to bigger problems.
64% of Arizonans accept that law and 30% don't. I know that minorities are supposed to rule but in this case voters are accepting it by large numbers. I guess the 460,000 illegals won't be voting without amnesty.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
64% of Arizonans accept that law and 30% don't. I know that minorities are supposed to rule but in this case voters are accepting it by large numbers. I guess the 460,000 illegals won't be voting without amnesty.
Not that silly rasmussen poll again, I live here, on the border, nobody I know likes it.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Name ONE thing that is a better way to deal with illegal immigration. That question has been asked for DAYS, but I've not heard one answer (other than "let the feds deal with it", which is NOT working.)
I keep reading "go after the employers." There's a thread on that subject. AZ Employer Sanctions Law Takes Effect

I'm wondering why only one pro-illegal has responded.

470 posts, read 461,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your posts are getting more and more offensive.

The sheriff is not a police officer. He is elected. And the oaths vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, as do his responsibilities.

The sheriff answers to the people who elected him, and it is within his rights to adjudge that a state law is Unconstitutional and to refuse to enforce that law.
No,,you are completely wrong. NOBODY is above the law! That sherrif has to obey all laws like you and me. If it is his duty to enforce them he HAS to enforce them. Remember that oath???

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, the analogy isn't ridiculous. The law is requiring people whose appearance is distinct from others to carry with them extra documentation to prove their identity. That's discrimination. It's unlawful. And law enforcement officers who are obligated to uphold the law should be able to exercise their right of free speech to say they will not enforce legislation that is both unjust, and unlawful.

NH is pretty far away from this problem, but I have a green card carryin' German friend living here and owning his own house, who was stopped for speeding in his A-4 Audi, and with lic and reg was carded there and then...

It wasn't a big deal. No green card and it would have been.

These illegals BROKE the LAW crossing the border illegally. They don't get rights because they BROKE the law.

They KNEW the broke the law crossing the border, and they know there is risk.

They by-passed by freedom of choice, to fail at what every other alien does to get a green card or become a citzen.

If this flies, then maybe i can just go to Mexico and claim the place as mine, not so much as a lead plate nailed to a tree.

Illegals have NO Rights, here, and for all I know have no Rights anywhere, since crossing borders illegally pretty much means you gave up any and all RIGHTS in the first place.

Hiring them is the same thing as hiring a murder who hasn't paid his debt to society, but that's another thing.

They are not politcal refugees either. They are nothing more than crooks, and will never be anything more than common criminals, because they have no respect of law or anything else, which is proved by crossing the border.

IMO there should be a open hunting season on them. They should have stayed where they were legal and FIXED that countries problems.

Then applied like my German friend to be here, and he speaks English.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not that silly rasmussen poll again,
Can you present a poll with different results?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration