U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Little Pond Farm
559 posts, read 1,183,873 times
Reputation: 495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
What do we do with people already here? Anchor Babies? I would really like to hear ideas.
We can't do anything with the anchor babies that are already here, however their illegal mothers and fathers should be made to make the decision to take their charge with them when they are escorted across the border.
We don't owe some Mexican baby maker a free ride for her or hers.

 
Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,726,894 times
Reputation: 4504
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
We can't do anything with the anchor babies that are already here, however their illegal mothers and fathers should be made to make the decision to take their charge with them when they are escorted across the border.
We don't owe some Mexican baby maker a free ride for her or hers.
Why is it always Mexicans? There are many different races of illegals here. But it seems to me , that because Menedez is Latino he is getting picked on because of it. & I find that disgusting , i'm sure if he was white this he wouldn't get this much criticism. The Tea Party targeted him because he was Latino , there are far worse Politicians to go after in this state.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
 
1,920 posts, read 2,891,827 times
Reputation: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
We can't do anything with the anchor babies that are already here, however their illegal mothers and fathers should be made to make the decision to take their charge with them when they are escorted across the border.
We don't owe some Mexican baby maker a free ride for her or hers.
Wow "Mexican baby maker"? That says a lot about you. Let me guess your family came on the Mayflower? I really dont have a clue what to do with the illegals but your comments are wayy off base and I feel sorry for you.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Little Pond Farm
559 posts, read 1,183,873 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Why is it always Mexicans? There are many different races of illegals here. But it seems to me , that because Menedez is Latino he is getting picked on because of it. & I find that disgusting , i'm sure if he was white this he wouldn't get this much criticism. The Tea Party targeted him because he was Latino , there are far worse Politicians to go after in this state.
Why do Mexicans come up when illegal immigration is discussed? Because they make up 90% of illegal immigration , they are the ones marching in our streets demanding we hold them above the law that they care less about breaking, they are the ones coming into our hospitals just in time to pop out an anchor.

As for Menendez, Menendez spends at least 60% of his time on Latino issues, what is wrong in asking him to focus on NJ issues? This is my problem with him and actually people like you. Ya try to play the race card..............

Sure there are MANY worse Politicians in NJ then Menendez and trust me everyone of them better make sure their house is clean. The people of NJ have woken up and will not take this same old same old any more, we can't afford it. I dislike Lautenburg just as much as Menendez and it isn'tbecause he's Jewish.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
 
1,920 posts, read 2,891,827 times
Reputation: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Why do Mexicans come up when illegal immigration is discussed? Because they make up 90% of illegal immigration , they are the ones marching in our streets demanding we hold them above the law that they care less about breaking, they are the ones coming into our hospitals just in time to pop out an anchor.

As for Menendez, Menendez spends at least 60% of his time on Latino issues, what is wrong in asking him to focus on NJ issues? This is my problem with him and actually people like you. Ya try to play the race card..............

Sure there are MANY worse Politicians in NJ then Menendez and trust me everyone of them better make sure their house is clean. The people of NJ have woken up and will not take this same old same old any more, we can't afford it. I dislike Lautenburg just as much as Menendez and it isn'tbecause he's Jewish.
Good for Menendez to stick up for his own kind. About time someone does, you wouldnt expect a wap to do it would you? I am not a big Menendez fan but I respect him looking out for "his" people. I guess its ok for white america to do it but once a minority does it they are racist. By the way I do like Lautenberg and he is very very approachable and actually listens to people's concerns.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 PM
 
13,516 posts, read 14,530,463 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
. but I respect him looking out for "his" people. I guess its ok for white america to do it but once a minority does it they are racist. .
Aren't Menedez's people all of the legal citizens of New Jersey?

I don't remember him running on a platform to look out for only "his people".

Point out an Irish, German, Polish, Italian, French ............ politician in the US who looks out for "his" people.

We may all look alike but in reality we're not.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by doc1; 04-30-2010 at 12:08 AM..
 
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Ocean County, NJ
912 posts, read 2,079,803 times
Reputation: 459
I wonder how that Menendez recall effort is going? Sign me up if it's still on. The illegal thing is bad enough, but my biggest beef with Menendez is that he is supposed to be representing the whole state in the Senate but only seems to care about two or three counties.

Eventually, the skeletons in this guy's closet are going to come falling out one after another. I have no doubt about that one.
 
Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,726,894 times
Reputation: 4504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
I wonder how that Menendez recall effort is going? Sign me up if it's still on. The illegal thing is bad enough, but my biggest beef with Menendez is that he is supposed to be representing the whole state in the Senate but only seems to care about two or three counties.

Eventually, the skeletons in this guy's closet are going to come falling out one after another. I have no doubt about that one.
Essex , Hudson , & Union Counties i'm assuming your talking about , drive this states economy providing 45% of the Industrial and manufacturing jobs. & A ton of other stuff , he has done other stuff around the state , usually you don't notice it. I think hes getting picked on because the economy is down and he wants immigration reform.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 AM
 
34 posts, read 73,295 times
Reputation: 35
Default We are fed up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Wow "Mexican baby maker"? That says a lot about you. Let me guess your family came on the Mayflower? I really don't have a clue what to do with the illegals but your comments are way off base and I feel sorry for you.

Tell you why people react as this one did. They, and me are sick and tired of the media and other liberals DEFENDING them.

THEY HAVE BROKEN THE LAW!!! They need to go, ALL OF THEM, Mexicans, Russians, whites, blacks ALL OF THEM need to be rounded up and shipped the hell OUT.

I am sick of paying for their education and medical coverage and I am REALLY sick of being cast as somehow bigoted or a freakin' racist because I want the damn law enforced.

The Left in this country has for years used the race and bigot card, not to mention the Homophobes card to intimidate the vast VAST majority of people in America who want things to be done by the law and not because we "feel sorry"for people. Don't like the law? How about CHANGING THE LAW instead of trashing people who want the law followed?

All of us have been pushed to far by the liberals who despite claiming they are they party which welcomes "all views"' is anything but and really is the Party of "my way or the highway". Your president has done more to divide this nation then any single individual in history. His recent speech calling on blacks, Hispanics and women to keep the liberals in power would, had it been given by a Republican been lead story on the news for weeks and also would have been met with cries of outrage by the print media and the talk show "pundits" on what is left of CNN and MSNBC, not to mention Meet The Press and the other liberal news shows.

There is a huge backlash in America and it is building day by day. Americans do not LIKE being told every time they disagree with a liberal they are a bigot or a racist. The Left will pay a huge price in November and it is long overdue.

Last edited by joev11; 05-03-2010 at 08:27 AM..
 
Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Epping,NH
2,097 posts, read 5,523,415 times
Reputation: 1052
Quote:
Hudson Bergen LRT system
Work on that project began in the 80's, long before he came on the scene. Maybe he could take credit for the internet. Opps, sorry. already taken.

What he was great at was getting grants for agencies that would turn around and rent his buildings using those funds. odd that the investigation dies on that one.

He needs the issue of legalizing all of these people. His current voting blocks are fleeing his side and he knows it. But a recall is a waste of time and money. by the time anything is decided he will be back up for re-election.

Quote:
Anchor Babies
Simple. Based on the laws at the time of their birth, they are citizens. That can't be changed. their parents are not. The law should be changed ASAP to avoid future problems in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top