Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Miranda is not alone. More than 100,000 undocumented immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years because of the bad economy and earlier enforcement crackdowns. Now, a new wave of Latinos is preparing to leave. And it isn't just illegal immigrants: Legal residents and U.S. citizens also say they will leave Arizona because they view the state as unfriendly to Hispanics.
Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

Cry me a river, Miranda. If you are here illegally----------leave!

As for the legal Hispanics/US citizens; you folks have to do what is best for your families. Many Anglos, etc. are also out of work here in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I would say that this would be a good thing.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
There will be an economic adjustment but will return to normalcy as Americans can get back to work. i remember the housing boom many years ago, lots of people flocking there for great housing deals. Beautiful landscape, awesome weather and now people will have work once again. This new law will also crack down on the drug trades and murders, it might actually become a decent place to retire again.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Sort of like taking meds to get rid of that 20 foot tapeworm. It takes an adjustment but in the end your better off.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Good. Don't let your sorry butt hit you on the way out...

Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM

234 posts, read 241,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

Cry me a river, Miranda. If you are here illegally----------leave!

As for the legal Hispanics/US citizens; you folks have to do what is best for your families. Many Anglos, etc. are also out of work here in Arizona.
I have no beef with Arizona making this law to encourage illegal immigrants to leave through attrition nor do I have much sympathy for them but if this law is going to have an inadvertent effect & drive out legal residents and Latino-Americans via fear then maybe this Arizona law is not quite what Arizona should be doing to their own legal residents & citizens.

Was that the intention of SB 1070?

A cultural cleansing via fear?

It seems were in the midst of witnessing that effect.

Very sad.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
I have no beef with Arizona making this law to encourage illegal immigrants to leave through attrition nor do I have much sympathy for them but if this law is going to have an inadvertent effect & drive out legal residents and Latino-Americans via fear then maybe this Arizona law is not quite what Arizona should be doing to their own legal residents & citizens.

Very sad.
Yup. It is high time for illegal aliens to leave-----------I, for one am sick of their criminal 'culture'.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM

425 posts, read 366,783 times
Quote:

Very sad.
It will be the Illegals that move to California . I wonder just how many more the bay area can hold ? Oh well , we have a series of large seismic events there will be plenty of room for hard labor to rebuild infrastructure and tent cities to house them.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:

Very sad.
Again I ask what would Latino Americans have to fear? You really have to ask what the intention of SB1070 is? It is to identify illegal aliens in the course of normal LE duties and detain them.

Cultural cleansing? WTH are you talking about? Latino Americans are of the same culture as most illegal aliens in this country. We aren't trying to get rid of Latino Americans.

What is very sad is for you to even suggest this kind of nonsense.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM

79 posts, read 94,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
There will be an economic adjustment but will return to normalcy as Americans can get back to work. i remember the housing boom many years ago, lots of people flocking there for great housing deals. Beautiful landscape, awesome weather and now people will have work once again. This new law will also crack down on the drug trades and murders, it might actually become a decent place to retire again.

Retire to Arizona? you must be kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration