Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times

Advertisements

Chapter 0113 - 492R - H Ver of SB1070

Note that this version, signed by the Governor, is a House variation on the Senate HR1070 bill that most (left & right) are quoting or referencing. It shows that a driver's license is sufficient to prove that you are in the USA legally. The Senate version omitted the text below:

A PERSON IS PRESUMED TO NOT BE AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IF THE PERSON PROVIDES TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR AGENCY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. A VALID ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE.

2. A VALID ARIZONA NONOPERATING IDENTIFICATION LICENSE.

3. A VALID TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CARD OR OTHER FORM OF TRIBAL IDENTIFICATION.

4. IF THE ENTITY REQUIRES PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THE UNITED STATES BEFORE ISSUANCE, ANY VALID UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM

295 posts, read 320,465 times
IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! My God, what if millions of AMERICAN citizens ran to MEXICO?
Well I don't think our rights would be guaranteed, let alone be enacted, we would find our dead corpse buried in a remote area in MEXICO!

Perhaps we could do the WALL system that the EAST GERMANS did in 1961, although that would be too cruel. These people only come for work...2%, the other 98% come to rape, rob, steal, molest, and try and understand the english language!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! My God, what if millions of AMERICAN citizens ran to MEXICO?
Well I don't think our rights would be guaranteed, let alone be enacted, we would find our dead corpse buried in a remote area in MEXICO!

Perhaps we could do the WALL system that the EAST GERMANS did in 1961, although that would be too cruel. These people only come for work...2%, the other 98% come to rape, rob, steal, molest, and try and understand the english language!
Try? SO MANY COME and never learn our Language, which is ENGLISH.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Also, the ones who are coming here to work?
You probably don't have to worry about them BUT you BETTER worry about their sons. Gang infested neighborhoods are deadly.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:21 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post

This is not true. None of it is. In the first place, if you were in Mexico without a passport you would be sent to jail, not killed. We do have a wall system like in Germany, it is called a fence, and they ran out of money to finish it. 98 percent of the Mexicans do not commit crimes but come here to work. Where did you get your poll numbers, from Glen Beck or from yourself? They sound so made up.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
This is not true. None of it is. In the first place, if you were in Mexico without a passport you would be sent to jail, not killed. We do have a wall system like in Germany, it is called a fence, and they ran out of money to finish it. 98 percent of the Mexicans do not commit crimes but come here to work. Where did you get your poll numbers, from Glen Beck or from yourself? They sound so made up.
Are you saying here that you watch Glenn Beck or are you saying that you have heard others say these things about Beck? I don't think you watch Beck so obviously you are talking somewhere from second hand to made up all the way as you accuse him of.

How many illegal teens come here to work along with their parents. There are many public schools in western Kansas that have to spend all that money to educate the children of illegals and provide ESL classes along with other things for them specifically. Of course, the non illegal taxpayers of those communities don't have to pay for those special classes, do they?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM

295 posts, read 320,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Most Mexicans are great workers and proud of family but the problem here is the ILLEGALS that come here and work! They do not pay a cent into our SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM and the problem I have is , I get nothing for an illegal person from Mexico working in my country!!!

As for the percentage of crimes, it does not matter what percentage I guess, because I don't and even the LAW ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM in the US can keep up an accurate rate of crime committed by an un-documented CITIZEN, AMERICAN at that!

As for a WALL SYSTEM, that would be out dated today, the Mexican DRUG CARTELS have far better tunnel systems than the Vietnameese did during the Viet Nam War and even Hitlers' system would be OUTDATED!

I think the state of ARIZONA passed one of the greatest laws in this country and that all others should follow!!!!

Not to be racist or anti-Mexican, the people are the nicest but learn our language, respect our culture, hard to do today since the non-native INDIANS are out numbering the Mexicans!!!

All I say is, WRITE TO YOUR RESPECTIVE SENATOR, MAYOR, and hopefully.....you will get a response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration