U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You're thinking of Gattaca.

Yeah. Native Americans much?

Again, sounds like us and the Native Americans.
Yeah, and the native indians fought just like we are doing. So what is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,230,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
So because our ancestors long ago did that we should roll over and let another cultural group invade us? I use the word invade purposefully as since they are breaking US law by entering the country it is an invasion. The immigrants here legally mostly want to assimilate into American culture and they are to be welcomed.
Bwahahahahaha! I didn't know that your family had many generations in 40 years?

America would force sterilization on Native American women by saying they had "bad blood" and needed to be checked out or when they went in to give birth would perform the operation or even take their children until they consented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, and the native indians fought just like we are doing. So what is your point?
Let's look at the time line for forced attendance to boarding schools. It went all the way up until the 20th century.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

America would force sterilization on Native American women by saying they had "bad blood" and needed to be checked out or when they went in to give birth would perform the operation or even take their children until they consented.

Let's look at the time line for forced attendance to boarding schools. It went all the way up until the 20th century.
Tell you what, why don't you dig up some dead Americans who were alive back then and complain to them? None of us alive today were even born back then.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Tell you what, why don't you dig up some dead Americans who were alive back then and complain to them? None of us alive today were even born back then.
You weren't alive in the 70s, 80s, 20th century?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
You weren't alive in the 70s, 80s, 20th century?
Look, I know what you are trying to do here and I have heard your blame game spouted by others before. It doesn't work on me.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,188,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
If the Democrats are stupid enough to bring amnesty to the table, they will be forever branded as the Hispanic/Latino and black party. Our country will go straight into tribal mode (a la Sunnis and Shiites). Even if the Democrats eventually gain demographic advantage nationally, you will see individual states asserting more and more state rights, and massive inter-state white flights. So long as the Latino descendants of the illegal immigrants embrace the dregs of society and dismiss education, they will not have a prosperous future regardless of their numbers or pyrrhic political victories. The whites, Asians and others will leave and let them have their squalor. The federal government will overextend itself until it collapses entirely.

Hispanic demographics by 2050 will achieve for the states what the Civil War failed to do.

WTF This is ridiculous. It is crap like this that gives ammunition to the amnesty crowd to call us xenophobic or racist.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 PM

100 posts, read 202,854 times
Fact is that there are four dem. congressional districts that are in play. In a recent Grand Canyon State poll 67% of likely voters plan on voting Republican this Nov. 2nd. The poll went on to say that both Mills and Brewer have more than a 7% lead over dem canidate Goddard in the Gov's race. The poll also went on to say that both McCain or Hayworth would defeat a dem canidate by double digits.

So it would seem that dems are going to lose huge in Arizona. You can imagine if dems can't win in Mass or in New Jersey they are not going to fair very well in AZ. Even in liberal strongholds such as Flagstaff Rep and Independent voter registration is way up while dems continue to lose voters.

Last edited by muz14599; 04-29-2010 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: yes

Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Look, I know what you are trying to do here and I have heard your blame game spouted by others before. It doesn't work on me.
You brought it up in the first place. I gave perfect examples, I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 AM

2,876 posts, read 6,022,805 times
Quote:

Sorry but I wasn't even close to being born 40 years ago and accept no responsibility...although I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about as I was referring to the bulk of the conflict which occurred up until the last Western Indians were defeated at the end of the 19th century. Sure, the white man wronged the Indians...well at least the most recent tribes of Indians that had in turned wronged their predecessors.

Whatever it is you are going on about 40 years ago though, no one in my family had any part of it.

But the thing that confuses me when people always bring our past with the Indians up in the illegal immigration conversations is what is the point? What are you proposing here? That we just roll over and try not to preserve the cultural linguistic identity of the country? Because to me, when people use the case study of the Native Americans falling to invaders it serves as a wake up call that we should defend ourselves just as the Indians did.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:45 AM

276 posts, read 687,712 times
2050? I thought the Mayans predicted the worlds end in 2012?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration