U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM

264 posts, read 391,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It isn't the racism of pre-1960 that we are glorifying. It is a lot of things back to a simpler time when there were far less problems in this country then we have now.

Potential immigrants wait in their countries and come legally. You don't come here illegally and then claim to be a potential immigrant.
Latinofascists have no legal or moral leg to stand on, so they rely on fraud, deception, and indiscriminate use of the race card to push their agenda.

The real racists here are the "KKKlan with Tan" types marching through our towns and cities waving their Mexican flags in our face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM

32,982 posts, read 30,245,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Tough to pull the illegal alien Mestizo Hispanic race card on an Apache Indian
Jicarilla to be exact

I just find it interesting that Pro-Illegals have stated over and over that we can't deport 12 million Illegals. I've (and many others) stated that it wasn't necessary because in the past, making the environment uncomfortable enough for them, they would indeed self-deport.

It turns out that myself and others sharing those thoughts may have indeed been correct. They will self-deport when we Americans make their environment unfriendly. This is a simple equation.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM

234 posts, read 203,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There may not be an attempt by the Mexican government to do that but there are Chicano nationalists in this country that do preach it. The illegal aliens are just their little foot soldiers to help them achieve their goal by sheer numbers for political control someday. You can't deny that many Mexicans in Mexico and those of Mexican descent in this country are still festering over some stolen land BS.

I'm well aware of what groups preach Reconquista such as MEChA and Mexica-Movement but that's about all that does. Of course those two groups are a dissenting radical right wing factions of todays Chicano Rights movement, their bias and hate is even a little too much for me. But then what do you expect from any right winging group?

Not all Chicanos, Hispanics, or Latinos align themselves with a concept of a Reconquista. Now when anyone looks at the issue of illegal immigration and as we all know the majority of illegal immigrants 60% come from Mexico, one can easily put two and two together and irrationally come up with the conspiracy theory that little brown men from Mexico are attempting to Coup, 5th column, or whatever to the Southwest.

The Mexican-American war is tattered with controversy as well and only a person with a closed brainwashed mind would not believe that [but lets not get into that]. Just becuase our U.S. educational system shoves down our throats that the Mexicans provoked the U.S. and that through Manifest Destiny we were in the right doesn't mean that Mexico teaches the same thing.

What I find ironic about those who believe in such a Reconquista is that the only thing, the only violation of U.S. law that illegal immigrants are committing is the fact that they're all crossing an invisible open border, which happens to be a misdemeanor.

The rest of their actions lets say having babies on U.S. soil, using our medical facilities, using our schools, qualifying their U.S. born children for AFDC benefits & public housing is all legal via the U.S. Constitution, Federal Mandates, or Supreme Court Rulings.

So now you tell me, whose living in a fantasy conspiracy world?

In conclusion, we know that theirs some people in the USA, citizens or not who believe that the Southwest was stolen. This is what the USA gets because their was a time when expansionist within our U.S. federal government actually believed in taking over the entire Northern American continent through a concept known as Manifest Destiny.

You can call it BS all you want but it's all clearly defined in our U.S. History books.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Jicarilla to be exact

I just find it interesting that Pro-Illegals have stated over and over that we can't deport 12 million Illegals. I've (and many others) stated that it wasn't necessary because in the past, making the environment uncomfortable enough for them, they would indeed self-deport.

It turns out that myself and others sharing those thoughts may have indeed been correct. They will self-deport when we Americans make their environment unfriendly. This is a simple equation.
Deportation through attrition? As long as is all legal, you have my vote. I myself just don't see how we as a Nation can logistically deport 12 million illegal immigrants today. Sure I've seen the anti-illegal groups pontificate how Eisenhower did it with a measly 1 million but we're not living in a pre-civil rights era no more.

Thats the big difference.

I find it alarming that many Americans are willing to step on the rights and civil liberties of Hispanic-Americans in the malicious name of satisfying their own convictions of removing todays illegal immigrant population.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,954,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Deportation through attrition? As long as is all legal, you have my vote. I myself just don't see how we as a Nation can logistically deport 12 million illegal immigrants today. Sure I've seen the anti-illegal groups pontificate how Eisenhower did it with a measly 1 million but we're not living in a pre-civil rights era no more.

I find it alarming that many Americans are willing to step on the rights and civil liberties of Hispanic-Americans in the malicious name of satisfying their own convictions of removing todays illegal immigrant population.
Has anyone said that they don't want all illegals out of the country? I have yet to read a post that singles out only hispanics.
That said one can not ignore the fact that hispanics are the vast majority of illegals.
Could it be that this is why they are in the spot light? If it were Asians who were the worst violators they would enjoy the spot light.
I myself have a real problem with Russian illegals. If I lived in an area abused by the Russian illegals I would be doing my level best to do something about them. As it is I see even the area I live in being crowded with hispanic illegals. The oil companies seem to like using them for drilling gas wells. But not on my land. As I have told the Rep from the gas company I want proof of legal status or he and his Mexicans can stay off my land and I will Call ICE. Oddly enough he found a crew of citizens to drill.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post

I don't find myself or any American at fault that Illegals are mostly Hispanic. I do hold those that chear lead the Illegals at fault for encouraging it.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Has anyone said that they don't want all illegals out of the country? I have yet to read a post that singles out only hispanics.
That said one can not ignore the fact that hispanics are the vast majority of illegals.
Could it be that this is why they are in the spot light? If it were Asians who were the worst violators they would enjoy the spot light.
I myself have a real problem with Russian illegals. If I lived in an area abused by the Russian illegals I would be doing my level best to do something about them. As it is I see even the area I live in being crowded with hispanic illegals. The oil companies seem to like using them for drilling gas wells. But not on my land. As I have told the Rep from the gas company I want proof of legal status or he and his Mexicans can stay off my land and I will Call ICE. Oddly enough he found a crew of citizens to drill.

You wont see any comments singling out hispanics becuase cita-data removes them.

You forget that theirs plenty of Hispanic-Americans like me that you seem to have no problem stepping on in your conquest of irradiating illegal immigrants.

We're not in the era of Japanese Internment Camps or pre-civil rights era.

I rather not have illegal immigrants in this Nation either, but considering the fact that I live in California and more precisely Los Angles, it's rather useless of me to even call ICE becuase they won't come, the police won't arrest, and I don't see suspected illegal immigrants doing anything really wrong except being here.

When I see a Nation going against my culture, I embark in a neutral stance and side with the civil rights of the agenda.

Sure get rid of illegal immigrants but not at the expense of my civil liberties.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't find myself or any American at fault that Illegals are mostly Hispanic. I do hold those that chear lead the Illegals at fault for encouraging it.
Is this how you justify infringing on the rights and liberties of Hispanic-Americas in the name of your conquest of removing illegal immigrants from the USA?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:04 PM

2,344 posts, read 2,974,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I am not against immigration. My last partner came from Ukraine and followed the correct procedures. I am against people who aren't following the law and then expecting handouts, and then complaining that they are the targets of racism simply because they do not/cannot wish to supply the proper documentation to prove that they are citizens like all of the other hard working citizens who went through the proper channels (time, money, etc) to become legal citizens.
exactly, I don't understand why hispanics are the only ones who feel they don't have to fill out the paperwork, get in line, and follow our rules like everybody else has done for 250 years.

The irish did it, the italians did it, the germans did it, the scots did it, the poles did it, but only the hispanics feel so entitled.

the only weapon these people have is the race card and it's getting sickening.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What I find interesting is the amount of apparent shock by the Pro-Illegal crowd that this is happening. They've told us all along how we can't remove them, how good they are for the economy and that it's unconstitutional, basically that we are screwed and we need to just sit back and tough it out.

I guess not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration