U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 PM

1,505 posts, read 3,771,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think their name is misleading. It should be changed to "One Arizona-Mexico-Guatemala" since they appear to want open borders.
Or how about "Juan Arizona"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,099,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah. I am brown and I don't get why protecting yourself from illegals, especially when they have brought so much crime and resource burden to your state (not to mention ridiculous tort) is racist.
“We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works.” - Alfredo Gutierrez

Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,213,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Before people start to label Arizona as being a bigoted state, try to understand that it was the politicians not the people who created this law. Arizona's people are now taking matters into their own hands and trying to end this law.

A group calling itself One Arizona filed petitions with the state Wednesday to refer Arizona's
to the November ballot. It's the second referendum drive announced this week.
One Arizona chairman Andrew Chavez, who runs a petition-circulation company, said the groups want voters to overturn
Bill 1070.

Referendum could delay Arizona immigration law to 2012

More pro-illegal propaganda...

Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM

90 posts, read 107,541 times
people who want laws enforced are not bigoted. get a clue op

Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,148,154 times
Arizona is doing the right thing. I support Arizona 100% and wish I lived there. Also my wife is an immigrant (legal) so, I am neither racist nor anti immigration. I am though anti illegal immigration.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM

24,157 posts, read 17,761,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
“We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works.” - Alfredo Gutierrez
huh. sounds just like a huge number of posters right here on this forum

Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,143,068 times
Personally, I think the people against this law should give the lawmakers a dose of their own medicine. This law requires people to report others on grounds of suspicion. Not doing so is criminal (yeah, straight from the Nazis, when Jewish sympathizers weren't just other "normal" citizens). So, get on citizens' patrol, and stop everybody and especially politicians, asking them for proof of their citizenship. If they can't, call the authorities. On the flip side, they will have to end up paying for the expenses but that comes with anything that self-defeaters design and support.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM

24,157 posts, read 17,761,205 times
when shrieking 'racism!!' for the bazillionth time becomes too tiring, make insipid charges that your opposition is a 'nazi.'

yeah, that'll show 'em

Last edited by uggabugga; 04-29-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,676,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
when shrieking 'racism!!' for the bazillionth time becomes too tiring, make inspid charges that your opposition is a 'nazi.'

yeah, that'll show 'em
Then it must all be......Bush's fault, dammit!

Now....back to the business at hand....
Gotta bark at the moon and summon the devil now........I mean, before its time for another Tea Party.

Nazi's are coming, Nazi's are coming!

Don't worry, Illegals......just show 'em those damn papers, please......
If not......maybe
the ACLU can save you from those meanie Nazi's.

Last edited by Sign; 04-29-2010 at 02:36 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,918,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah. I am brown and I don't get why protecting yourself from illegals, especially when they have brought so much crime and resource burden to your state (not to mention ridiculous tort) is racist.
Who do you think runs the hospitality industry here? Who do you think cooks all the food at our restaurants? Who do you think does the landscaping here? Who do you think works in the construction industry and builds our houses. Who do you think maintains our freeways. Who do you think enables small business and companies to survive here? Yeah, they only bring crime and burden our hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration