U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,151 posts, read 26,611,024 times
Reputation: 6441

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Who do you think runs the hospitality industry here? Who do you think cooks all the food at our restaurants? Who do you think does the landscaping here? Who do you think works in the construction industry and builds our houses. Who do you think maintains our freeways. Who do you think enables small business and companies to survive here? Yeah, they only bring crime and burden our hospitals.
Who did all that 50 years ago when there weren't millions of illegal aliens in the country?

In many instances, the illegals are taking jobs from American citizens. A good example is the construction industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
 
1,747 posts, read 1,668,604 times
Reputation: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who did all that 50 years ago when there weren't millions of illegal aliens in the country?

In many instances, the illegals are taking jobs from American citizens. A good example is the construction industry.
Yeah....but that industry is in the toilet, Fleet.
Many illegals have likely, found themselves collecting a welfare check by now, since those greedy RE developers who employed them CHEAPLY in the first place.......are done pillaging the landscape at a record pace.....at least for a while.

They're all gone and still laughing at the bank, while the illegals can't even get a good-paying job digging ditches right now.......and God knows they should have plenty of experience with shovels.....since they sure can build a fine tunnel under the border.

Welfare, food stamps, ID theft, prostitution, gang-bangin and dope dealing is all they may have left for employment opportunities now.
Arizona doesn't make them feel very welcome anymore and Nazi's are taking over.
"What ARE we going to do?"...........
A question many are probably asking themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Arizona is doing the right thing. I support Arizona 100% and wish I lived there. Also my wife is an immigrant (legal) so, I am neither racist nor anti immigration. I am though anti illegal immigration.
Then you understand that she will have to carry her papers at all times and can be stopped at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
vr2
 
224 posts, read 693,351 times
Reputation: 91
In AZ, 70% support this bill. The other 30% are the illegals using fake social security cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Here
10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Reputation: 5928
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Who do you think runs the hospitality industry here? Who do you think cooks all the food at our restaurants? Who do you think does the landscaping here? Who do you think works in the construction industry and builds our houses. Who do you think maintains our freeways. Who do you think enables small business and companies to survive here? Yeah, they only bring crime and burden our hospitals.
So are what you're saying is all Latinos doing any of the above jobs are illegal? I'm sure those fine LEGAL Mexican Americans just love being thrown in with the illegals. Sounds like a slap in the face of those Latinos that actually came though the front door and signed in like they were supposed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Who do you think runs the hospitality industry here? Who do you think cooks all the food at our restaurants? Who do you think does the landscaping here? Who do you think works in the construction industry and builds our houses. Who do you think maintains our freeways. Who do you think enables small business and companies to survive here? Yeah, they only bring crime and burden our hospitals.
If these are illegals doing those jobs then they are breaking the law. What part of that don't you get? We are supposed be grateful that they took Americans jobs, stole I.D.'s and crashed our borders? Some bring crime, yes. Many do burden our hospitals and schools. Any more questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM
 
Location: San Diego California
6,797 posts, read 6,119,545 times
Reputation: 5171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Then you understand that she will have to carry her papers at all times and can be stopped at any time.
Which papers are those? You always have to provide ID to Police when stoped. If you really believe Police are going to have time to stop people because of their race or skin color you are delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2 View Post
In AZ, 70% support this bill. The other 30% are the illegals using fake social security cards.
Rasmussen has an error rate of +/- 110%

I live in Arizona, I worry more about the Fascists in Phoenix than the Socialists in Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Which papers are those? You always have to provide ID to Police when stoped. If you really believe Police are going to have time to stop people because of their race or skin color you are delusional.
Naturalization Papers- a drivers license does not prove citizenship, or a green card. I live here I don't have to be delusional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who did all that 50 years ago when there weren't millions of illegal aliens in the country?

In many instances, the illegals are taking jobs from American citizens. A good example is the construction industry.
The Factory Jobs that were here 50 years ago are being done in factories in Mexico and China. Back when people lived close enough to the factory to walk to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top