U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:36 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,385,955 times

Advertisements

Web poll - KPSP Local 2
Thousand Palms, CA 92276

"Do you think California should take Arizona's tough stance on illegal immigration?"

Yes - 95.9%
No - 4.1%

As of 7:30A Apr 29.

http://www.kpsplocal2.com/default.aspx (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 05:55 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
They've moved the page but yes, I think CA should. We have a lot bigger problem with Illegals than AZ does.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
YES! And across the Union.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:07 AM

3,467 posts, read 6,814,869 times
As a native Californian...I'm soo freaking embarrass by the leadership in CA.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,668,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They've moved the page but yes, I think CA should. We have a lot bigger problem with Illegals than AZ does.
And quite a bit less of a border shared with Mexico.......where I believe, a few of 'em come from?

Do it to it, Cali!
Arizona has shown you how to take those first few baby steps, so your state can learn to walk on its own.
But, it's easier to see that Uncle Sam needs to hold California's hand......forever, or at least until the whole state finally tumbles into the sea!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
I'm surprised that Californians would be that highly in favor of Arizona's law. There seems to be a serious disconnect between the people of California and their politicians who want nothing but millions more impoverished coming to California for the cheap labor of their beloved corporations. Plus the obvious votes from grateful government dependent illegals.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm surprised that Californians would be that highly in favor of Arizona's law. There seems to be a serious disconnect between the people of California and their politicians who want nothing but millions more impoverished coming to California for the cheap labor of their beloved corporations. Plus the obvious votes from grateful government dependent illegals.
You are right. There is a serious disconnect between us citizens of Calif. and our government. I guess they want to pander to the minority which are the illegals and their supporters rather than the majority. PC has ruined this state.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
There is nothing reliable about an internet poll, anyone can vote in a poll like that.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:

If you read the comments below articles in local papers it is the absolute biggest issue at stake in this State. Even topics about gays don't even come close.

For every pro-illegal argument there are 10 anti.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
And the media will continue to portray the voice of CA inaccurately to serve their corporate gods. The voice of CA has not changed since it spoke loud and clear back with Prop 187.

If 187, or even this AZ law were put to a vote today in CA, I am positive that the voters would pass it at an even higher margin than back in the 90s.

The internet has been a huge component of how Californians have finally gained access to what the MSM refuses to show or talk about. A lot has changed since Prop 187 was passed in the 90s. I have no doubt in my mind that the overwhelming majority of voters in CA would be for ending "sanctuary city" status across the board, and eviction of the illegal interlopers post haste.

CA's budget has been raped into the toilet by illegals, and if we don't yank the last tendrils back soon then the whole state will go down the tube. Of that I am certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration