Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 AM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair a lot of this 20 million buildup of illegal mexican people here trying to get work happened under george bush, are you saying the democrats caused it? remember it was george that said he was doing everything possible, it was george that took almost 10 years to finish the fence here.
btw when the fence was done we lost our title as #1 cross spot. DC is a sinking ship with 2 men in it furiously pointing at each other.
The argument has nothing to do with George Bush - he failed at it too. The argument is about Arizona's right to protect themselves.

We have STATES for a reason and the rights of states are being attacked more and more by the Fed.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
We Conservatives have always known this, but it is refreshing to have one come right out and admit it. They do say that confession is good for the soul. Oh wait, I forgot, progressives do not believe that humans have souls, they sneer at religion and have no belief in a Deity.
I have noticed this as well.
Lately, I've seen quite a few similar confessions and yes....it is so nice to see more and more of them starting to admit it.

Maybe the Kool Aid is finally wearing off, their coming out of their closet and finally beginning to realize their pie-in-the-sky got eaten by their shepherds and there won't be a crumb left of what they had high hopes would plop on their face for them to enjoy.......thoroughly.

It must be a SICK feeling.

Last edited by Sign; 04-29-2010 at 10:40 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I have noticed this as well.
Lately, I've seen quite a few similar confessions and yes....it is so nice to see more and more of them starting to admit it.

Maybe the Kool Aid is finally wearing off, their coming out of their closet and finally beginning to realize their pie-in-the-sky got eaten by their shepherds and there won't be crumb left of what they had high hopes would plop on their face for them to enjoy.......thoroughly.

It must be a SICK feeling.
LOL the Kool Aid is being served to the followers of both parties. What is amusing is watching the followers point fingers at each other as if either side has the moral high ground. Too funny for words.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL the Kool Aid is being served to the followers of both parties. What is amusing is watching the followers point fingers at each other as if either side has the moral high ground. Too funny for words.
True, true.....to a degree, now.
Neither party has done US any favors for quite some time.

NOW though.......one of 'em bout to get obliterated come November and when the other one regains the control it lost.......one can only HOPE that THEY don't go back to their old tricks either!

NO MORE Bush's!
I AGREE.........and that's why I couldn't vote for GW either time.....or his dad, either......but the present "leadership" we are forced to contend with......sure as Hell ain't leading America in the direction it should be going!

A third party would be great.....one that would actually not be corrupted by anyone and truly represent the will of the People.....first and foremost over any/all corporations, banks, govts. or groups....and treat the US Constitution with the respect of its original intent......abide by it, (instead of look for ways, loopholes and courts to try and get around it or completely ignore it altogether).....along with emphasis on fiscal responsibility, liberty and freedom for the individual.......over and above the masses.

END career politicians at EVERY level with term limits for ALL!

But, your right......the finger-pointing and blame is quite juvenile, devisive and sad.
This sums up the present "State of the Union" to me.

Primetime TV and reality shows might contribute to it......then again, maybe not.
Ignorance?
Apathy?
Partisanship?
Reality?
Fantasy?

Last edited by Sign; 04-29-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Yes, you are. Obama promised to "transform" this country. And he gave us a hint of the transformation he is aiming at. Obama is dissatisfied with the U.S. Constitution because it is a "negative charter of rights." In other words the Constitution "only" specifies what the government cannot do to you. Obama would prefer a constitution that tells the citizens what government will do for them. He knows that he can't possibly succeed in amending the Constitution to achieve that goal. So he will approach it indirectly by expanding the power of government over more and more areas of our lives by having Congress enact laws that exceed the constitutional reach of government and pack the courts with "progressive" jurists who will rubber stamp his usurpations. We're seeing the same tactics being applied by Chavez in Venezuela--another bastion of progressivism. By the time Obama is through we'll all be serving the state.
It is seen daily and wonder why there is not more outrage. I am not in any tea bag group, red or white "wing" or whatever nor very politically involved and I can see this. It's disgraceful and am confused as to why the youth who are doing all of these protests applaud this type of "governing". I have to chalk it up as immature ignorance and fear they will have to reap what they are sowing.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,420,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Tyrants? The Mexican system of government???

Mexico ELECTS its president through national elections every 6 years. Mexico's "system" of government is a constitutional representative democracy with... shock, a tripartite government consisting of a bi-cameral legislature, and executive and judicial branch!
Go live in Mexico if you think it's so representative.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
I'm vehemently anti- illegal immigration, but ridiculous titles like the one on this thread don't do us any good.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Tyrants? The Mexican system of government???

Mexico ELECTS its president through national elections every 6 years. Mexico's "system" of government is a constitutional representative democracy with... shock, a tripartite government consisting of a bi-cameral legislature, and executive and judicial branch!
If this is so, then why is an estimated 10% of its entire population in the USA illegally? In its nearly 500 years of recorded history Mexico has never had a truly free nation. Dictatorship, revolution and civil war, corruption at all levels of its society, rampant crime, domination by powerful oligarchies that suppress free markets and representative governments, are reasons for Mexicos huge problems. Ask someone from there or who has spent time there.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Very true. I have seen certain conservatives tout about "good will" , patriotism, morality and most of all tout the constitution and bill of rights yet at times support policy when it suits them that flys in the face of those, yet while engaging in the very same practices that they accuse liberal of.

And liberals do the same visa versa.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM

79 posts, read 94,150 times
Default Jeb Bush is Against the Arizona Bill!!!!!

Good for you Mr. Bush you understand the reall truth about this racial bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration