Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I see NOTHING in that article that gives support. Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And after they "deal" with the Hispanics, who do you think they'll go after next? They'll threaten to send the Asians back to Asia and the blacks to the Caribbean or Africa. (During Operation W*tback there were actually a few blacks arrested and deported to Jamaica who were actually descendants of US slaves)

Hate is a progressive disease. It never stays confined to being directed against one group. It always expands to be directed towards others.
How does the deportation of illegal aliens (regardless of where they came from) equate to hate?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How does the deportation of illegal aliens (regardless of where they came from) equate to hate?
Don't waste your time . They have been programmed , and logic won't work .

Old 06-27-2010, 12:33 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,222,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
La Raza
You forgot MEChA. This is the Atzlan and Reconquista crowd. Anti Jewish with strong Communist leanings, far more numerous and potentially much more of a threat than the KKK.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:03 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And after they "deal" with the Hispanics, who do you think they'll go after next? They'll threaten to send the Asians back to Asia and the blacks to the Caribbean or Africa. (During Operation W*tback there were actually a few blacks arrested and deported to Jamaica who were actually descendants of US slaves)

Hate is a progressive disease. It never stays confined to being directed against one group. It always expands to be directed towards others.
I'm not sure I see the logic of your hypothetical scenario here; you're suggesting that because Arizona plans to question the status of those who MIGHT be illegal, and to deal with those who, in fact, ARE....that this means Arizona will then proceed to deport Mexican-Americans to Mexico, Asian-Americans to Asia, and black Americans to Africa?...WOW. That's quite a thought....and I think you may be overblowing the situation just a bit. Do you think they MAY also deport drunk drivers to Ireland, and pizza shop proprietors to Italy? Hmmmm...this could be a problem

I have an interest in this, you see, because my spouse is a Spanish-surnamed American Indian, who looks 'just like' an illegal.....so do you think she MIGHT be deported to India? I doubt that.

In all seriousness, I think the time to do at least SOMETHING about illegal immigration is long overdue....and the Arizona law, however clumsy, is an attempt to do what SHOULD have been done 20 years ago. Had that happened, we wouldn't see the angry citizens...and the angry illegals...we see today. Better late than never, though.

I feel your projections are way overblown, though your concern is admirable. I just don't think we'll let things get as 'out-of-hand' as you seem to fear.

The best to you.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
From the article:

A police statement said the two men had gotten into altercations several times in recent years. The family wants Kelley charged with premeditated first-degree murder, not second-degree murder, with a hate crime allegation, Galindo said.

These two had gotten into altercations SEVERAL times prior to the law being signed? So how is this related to the law, then?

What a crock.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:08 PM

186 posts, read 219,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And no one should be comparing Americans who want our immigration laws enforced and illegals to be deported to the KKK either but the pro-illegals usually do anyway. It is a part of their race card pulling tactics.
And it's the opposite in fact- it's not the poor little minority being oppressed here- it's a diverse, low income base of Americans (and the country in general in terms of taxes and social services) who are losing out to greedy corporations who knowingly use illegals in droves just so they can avoid paying a living, legal wage. In fact some of these construction jobs could/should/used to be quite a bit higher than minimum wage. As usual, the liberals manage to twist everything around to make a viewpoint seem like the big bad racist (white) man is bullying a minority, when in fact it is their liberal viewpoint doing that.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM

202 posts, read 484,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is an exaggeration. While it's undoubtedly true that, if this new Arizona law ever goes into effect, there theoretically won't be a SINGLE Hispanic left in the state after a year (the majority will flee for their lives...a few will seek 'refugee' status in California), nevertheless there WILL be a few blacks, Asians, and Indians remaining....along with possibly 12 Filipinos. The place won't be ALL white....just mostly. And a few Hispanics will be able to 'pass', anyway, having successfully rid themselves of their accents, learning to eat apple pie, and bleaching their hair....further diluting the definition of 'All White'.

Please get your facts straight. The situation is alarming, but not as alarming as you seem to think. And some Hispanic police officers MAY be allowed to stay on, (on a 'case-by-case' basis), provided they sign a 'loyalty oath' in English.

It will be BAD...but it could be worse. And remember....SOMEBODY will always be needed in Arizona, to harvest the crops. Obviously, whites could not do this...nor could blacks, nor Asians. The law will HAVE to be modified to reflect these realities.

Oh please//blacks/whites etc CAN do those jobs..they just dont want to be paid $4.00 an hour for doing it! Dont blame Americans because they are not willing to do jobs that barely pay enough to feed a stray dog.

Employers can do that to Mexicans because they know they can get away with it. They hire these people, drop the wages to nothing, then say Americans are lazy and dont want to do the jobs so they have to hire illegals. Yahh okay.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Don't waste your time . They have been programmed , and logic won't work .
I can't get my brain around the stupidity of the argument that this is about 'hate', and that it's the same mentality as sending all the other minority groups (who, btw, outweigh the awful white people in just about all several major cities) back to where they came from. I'm offended by the idiocy in fact. Occam's razor! Isn't it more likely about tightening the reigns on a financial drain, getting creative and resourceful, in tough economic times?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
[/b]

Oh please//blacks/whites etc CAN do those jobs..they just dont want to be paid $4.00 an hour for doing it! Dont blame Americans because they are not willing to do jobs that barely pay enough to feed a stray dog.

Employers can do that to Mexicans because they know they can get away with it. They hire these people, drop the wages to nothing, then say Americans are lazy and dont want to do the jobs so they have to hire illegals. Yahh okay.
TOTALLY. In fact they CAN'T be paid $4/hr- that's illegal since it's under the minimum wage!!!

It's true, it's these greedy companies and corrupt management...I'd say it's political manipulation, a liberal line, to forgive corruption. And with such plentiful supply of ridiculously cheap labor, why *wouldn't* they hire them instead of Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration