U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM

234 posts, read 202,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
Should the hispanic community pay more in taxes to cover the cost of social services for illegals? If they are the people that support it should they pay for it?
Have you ever heard of equal protection of the law?

Obviously not.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:48 PM

234 posts, read 202,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But don't you see that is what makes them hypocrites? Those who want them here (not only Hispanic Americans) should foot the bill for them then, not those of us that don't want them here. Otherwise they should join the rest of us and see that they leave.
So if I happen to support illegal immigrants according to you I should pay more taxes?

If this is the case then I should not have to pay taxes for lets say the 100's of thousands of Anglo-Americans on welfare or the Iraq War.

You see, your open up a can of worms.

We don't pick and choose what our taxes goto, our elected officials do. That's why we elected them.

You should be proud that your taxes are going to improve the lives of todays young American citizens. I guess you have a problem with that.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
So if I happen to support illegal immigrants according to you I should pay more taxes?

If this is the case then I should not have to pay taxes for lets say the 100's of thousands of Anglo-Americans on welfare or the Iraq War.

We don't pick and choose what our taxes goto, our elected officials do. That's why we elected them.

You should be proud that your taxes are going to improve the lives of todays young American citizens. I guess you have a problem with that.
You clearly don't see a difference between endorsing support to people here legally (welfare specifically for "Anglo"-Americans - again, it's all about race for you) and our country's foreign policy (which is neither here nor there, actually) vs. paying for people whose mere presence in our country is a crime.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:

Where did I say that I oppose my taxes going to improve the lives of todays young American citizens? Where???? Oh, I get it now! You mean those anchors!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Should the hispanic community pay more in taxes to cover the cost of social services for illegals? If they are the people that support it should they pay for it?
Good idea but let's not be racist, let's say ANYONE who supports unlimited immigration be the first to be unemployed and give up their life saving to pay for their illegals.

No more taxpayer provided services. Let the pro-illegal and open borders crowd volunteer to provide the free education, free health care, and provide all that their beloved illegals need and want.

That would be a great compromise solution. Don't deport any illegal, or limit them from coming over the border by the tens of millions as long as the bleeding hearts keep chipping in from their own bank accounts for them.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:

Why shouldn't you pay for them? You want them, you pay for them. As for Americans, if you don't want to pay for Americans then you're free to return to your own homeland. Otherwise pay up.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:

And you just proved you're nothing but a racist because an American is an American. You should want to pay for any American - black or white or whatever because racial background isn't what's important.

We're talking about American citizens or foreigners here illegally in case you haven't realized. Not races.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 PM

317 posts, read 343,719 times
Quote:
Do you think it's time to start deporting all Hispanics, even the ones born here?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM

68 posts, read 34,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Do you think it's time to start deporting all Hispanics, even the ones born here?

No, only the illegals and there kids.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 PM

It's best not to assume "hispanics" are a monolith, and not to assume they all insist on very massive immigration in spite of very high unemployment rates in the USA.

Some hispanics like others believe that immigration should be orderly, fair, not all about unlimited cheap labor and desperate servants for everyone.

If you can read Spanish, it's interesting that Spanish speakers have similar discussions on this issue.

La Ley de Arizona - Univision Foro / Forum

AFUERAAAA ILEGAL ALIENS (Illegals out!!)

EL 90 PORCIENTO DE LOS PANDILLEROS DE LOS ESTADOS ... (90% of gangs in the USA are Mx origin)

Los ilegales NO tienen derechos boicoteenlos (Illegals don't have the rights boycotting)

si los mejicanos violan a otros cuando pisan sus t... (if the mexicans violate the rights of their illegals)

Arizona esta en todo su derecho (Arizona is in it's rights)

Los "latinos" que están a favor de esta ley... (The Latinos that are in favor of this law..)

MEXICO VIOLA DERECHOS HUMANOS COMO ARIZONA (Mexico violates human rights like Arizona)

LOS MEXICANOS SE HUMILLAN A ESTE PAIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or